Because I'm 100% sure I'll make it worse than it already is. Plus I don't have the tools to fix it (no soldering iron).
The second headset is for a backup. I work in an office and I need another pair ASAP while I wait for these to come back, may as well look at upgrading (if there is even such a thing for me).
You could just buy another X1. $200 on Amazon right now, if you're in the States that is .