Set it to stereo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 334post #4996 of 50019/27/14 at 4:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4997 of 50019/27/14 at 10:07am
I would think that the receiver, or pre/pro will down mix to stereo at the headphone jack regardless of what settings you use.
One would have to read the manual for the unit to verify that, of course..
MarcelE, have you tried it both ways? Do you hear any difference?
Edited by mandrake50 - 9/27/14 at 10:08ampost #4998 of 50019/28/14 at 12:57amQuote:
if you are using a dac/amp which has a stereo remix set on by default then yes, if no then it doesn't down mix when being used right of a computer source > dac/amp. the only thing you'll get is the 2 front channels when you set it to 5.1 everything else is lost.post #4999 of 50019/28/14 at 1:35am
I'll have to check the manual of the receiver but I just did a test and there is a slight difference between the settings.
With 5.1 it sounds more spacious (I guess that what I would suspect) but also the voices sound as if it's 'lifted'.
Can't explain exactly, like speakers that are out of phase. With stereo it's sound more direct, imo better.
But I was just not sure if you should leave it on 5.1 or stereo with headphones (the X1 in this case).post #5000 of 50019/28/14 at 12:26pm
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW: Rock It Sounds R-50M - Well Done! 20 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 42 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 51 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics to release new product very soon... 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX60 | Thoughts, Reviews, and Tour Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)