Sounds kinda defective to me, my X1 was quite bassy and very very easy to drive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 326post #4876 of 58048/14/14 at 5:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4877 of 58048/14/14 at 11:58ampost #4878 of 58048/14/14 at 6:14pmpost #4879 of 58048/15/14 at 3:46am
Not saying it isn't, just interested that the X1 he had was clipping a lot. If he can't get the volume he wants without high distortion then of course it won't sound very good to him. The X1 should be easy to amp unless he's using it right out of a phone.
What was he amping with, didn't seem to say?
Edited by HarleyZH - 8/15/14 at 3:49ampost #4880 of 58048/15/14 at 5:25am
Use a Denon amp and a dac so the source is not the problem,the thing is my old X1 seemed to go louder and had more bass...maybe i got a returned version,they do that a lot it seems....and now i got a real new one and needs to be played in or i got a broken piece again...who knows...but i am done so it does not matter,i enjoy my ws99 a lot more toopost #4881 of 58048/15/14 at 10:32ampost #4882 of 58048/17/14 at 2:28am
Has anybody tried Fidelio X1 with either Schiit Asgard 2 or Audio-GD 15.32? I'm happy with how they sound connected to my laptop, but I'm always wondering if I could improve them somehow.
No magni/modi in my country, and I'm willing to buy used, but first I would like to know if adding an amp to such easy to drive headphones would accomplish anything at all.post #4883 of 58048/17/14 at 3:16amAmplification isn't just for driving a headphone, any amp will also add it's own sound signature. so if you find an amp that sounds "better" than what you currently have then yes you will hear an improvement.post #4884 of 58048/18/14 at 12:36ampost #4885 of 58048/18/14 at 1:58pmpost #4886 of 58048/18/14 at 9:46pm
NinjaQuick, imho You are wrong and about tube amp and warm SS. Of course depends which tube or SS chip is being used. But...Quote:Originally Posted by CoiL
To make them sound better, they need exactly what Mike said in his headfonia review about them:Quote:The 1840 is still more refined, and the mids and highs are smoother, but I find that a good tube amp can help the X1 in those departments.Quote:This headphone has a good speed and attack by default, so I won’t be needing a solid state. What it needs, however is a little smoother treble and a little boost in the mids body. The ALO Pan Am is the best pairing I’ve heard with the X1 especially with the smooth Siemens tube upgrade.
And I agree with that... based on Aune T1 + Siemens E88CC and iBasso DX50. Both smoothen littlebit X1 treble and boost up mids section. Also bass is brought down tad, making them little more neutral. Result is very very enjoyable, at least for me ;)
Edited by CoiL - 8/18/14 at 9:48pmpost #4887 of 58048/19/14 at 6:26am
has anyone tried or succesfully removed the ear pads? I read a post here on head fi where they just literally tore off the pads, will that work? if yes what pads would best fit for replacement. My pads are degrading really fast due to sweat (dunno why I just sweat a lot on the resting part of the pads even in cold temp rooms when using any headphone, so my earpads die really fast)post #4888 of 58048/19/14 at 9:01amLate to the party as always but picked up a pair of these today, mated with the Sony MDR-Z1000 cable, almost exactly what I've been looking for - a breath of fresh air compared to the LCD2post #4889 of 58048/20/14 at 1:35amI suppose the biggest early compliment I can offer to the Fidelio X1 is that I can happily swap between them and the Sennheiser IE800 without feeling there is too much coloration on one or the other...
Yes, comparing apples to oranges, but with the IE800 having been my go-to 'phone for the past nine months, I can say the IE800 have more extension at top and bottom, but I would say being brutal, that gives the nod to the X1, which sounds warmer, less analytical - more musical (rather than technical).
Well done Philips - especially considering that these are only 33% of the cost of the IE800 at online retailers / 50% at full MSRP (in the UK, albeit I got a BNIB pair for only £110 - a steal!!)...
[EDIT] - Further steal status awarded to the X1, more air around instruments than the IE800 can muster - all in all really glad I've picked these up, sounding better to my ears than the LCD2 by a fair margin, and also easily besting Sony's TOTL products at a fraction of the cost.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 seconds ago
- › HD 800 (really considering it) 28 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 53 seconds ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 1 minute ago
- › Newbie - first DAC for JBL LSR305s - Budget £200 / $230 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 8 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...