Sounds kinda defective to me, my X1 was quite bassy and very very easy to drive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 326post #4876 of 52448/14/14 at 5:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4877 of 52448/14/14 at 11:58ampost #4878 of 52448/14/14 at 6:14pmpost #4879 of 52448/15/14 at 3:46am
Not saying it isn't, just interested that the X1 he had was clipping a lot. If he can't get the volume he wants without high distortion then of course it won't sound very good to him. The X1 should be easy to amp unless he's using it right out of a phone.
What was he amping with, didn't seem to say?
Edited by HarleyZH - 8/15/14 at 3:49ampost #4880 of 52448/15/14 at 5:25am
Use a Denon amp and a dac so the source is not the problem,the thing is my old X1 seemed to go louder and had more bass...maybe i got a returned version,they do that a lot it seems....and now i got a real new one and needs to be played in or i got a broken piece again...who knows...but i am done so it does not matter,i enjoy my ws99 a lot more toopost #4881 of 52448/15/14 at 10:32ampost #4882 of 52448/17/14 at 2:28am
Has anybody tried Fidelio X1 with either Schiit Asgard 2 or Audio-GD 15.32? I'm happy with how they sound connected to my laptop, but I'm always wondering if I could improve them somehow.
No magni/modi in my country, and I'm willing to buy used, but first I would like to know if adding an amp to such easy to drive headphones would accomplish anything at all.post #4883 of 52448/17/14 at 3:16amAmplification isn't just for driving a headphone, any amp will also add it's own sound signature. so if you find an amp that sounds "better" than what you currently have then yes you will hear an improvement.post #4884 of 52448/18/14 at 12:36ampost #4885 of 52448/18/14 at 1:58pmpost #4886 of 52448/18/14 at 9:46pm
NinjaQuick, imho You are wrong and about tube amp and warm SS. Of course depends which tube or SS chip is being used. But...Quote:Originally Posted by CoiL
To make them sound better, they need exactly what Mike said in his headfonia review about them:Quote:The 1840 is still more refined, and the mids and highs are smoother, but I find that a good tube amp can help the X1 in those departments.Quote:This headphone has a good speed and attack by default, so I won’t be needing a solid state. What it needs, however is a little smoother treble and a little boost in the mids body. The ALO Pan Am is the best pairing I’ve heard with the X1 especially with the smooth Siemens tube upgrade.
And I agree with that... based on Aune T1 + Siemens E88CC and iBasso DX50. Both smoothen littlebit X1 treble and boost up mids section. Also bass is brought down tad, making them little more neutral. Result is very very enjoyable, at least for me ;)
Edited by CoiL - 8/18/14 at 9:48pmpost #4887 of 52448/19/14 at 6:26am
has anyone tried or succesfully removed the ear pads? I read a post here on head fi where they just literally tore off the pads, will that work? if yes what pads would best fit for replacement. My pads are degrading really fast due to sweat (dunno why I just sweat a lot on the resting part of the pads even in cold temp rooms when using any headphone, so my earpads die really fast)post #4888 of 52448/19/14 at 9:01amLate to the party as always but picked up a pair of these today, mated with the Sony MDR-Z1000 cable, almost exactly what I've been looking for - a breath of fresh air compared to the LCD2post #4889 of 52448/20/14 at 1:35amI suppose the biggest early compliment I can offer to the Fidelio X1 is that I can happily swap between them and the Sennheiser IE800 without feeling there is too much coloration on one or the other...
Yes, comparing apples to oranges, but with the IE800 having been my go-to 'phone for the past nine months, I can say the IE800 have more extension at top and bottom, but I would say being brutal, that gives the nod to the X1, which sounds warmer, less analytical - more musical (rather than technical).
Well done Philips - especially considering that these are only 33% of the cost of the IE800 at online retailers / 50% at full MSRP (in the UK, albeit I got a BNIB pair for only £110 - a steal!!)...
[EDIT] - Further steal status awarded to the X1, more air around instruments than the IE800 can muster - all in all really glad I've picked these up, sounding better to my ears than the LCD2 by a fair margin, and also easily besting Sony's TOTL products at a fraction of the cost.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 5 seconds ago
- › Special HDtracks Sale Plus New Led Zeppelin! 23 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 34 seconds ago
- › Custom Shure 55 Hot Rod Shifter 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors - FINALLY! 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs that come with cables guides for workout 3 minutes ago
- › Today's equivalent of Shure SE115 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3