Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 325

post #4861 of 4971

No, Aune T1 is tube buffered SS DAC + SS amp. Wolfson DAC chip on DX50 sounds also littlebit warmish and "tubey".

I guess it`s also about personal preference, hearing and chain setup etc. differences ;)

Quote:
Honestly I'm not sure what 'frontal depth' means exactly... 

 

Hope You understand what I mean now. Lot of people talk about soundstage size but mix/leave out difference between width and depth. Very good way to indicate depth is to listen Chesky binaural records.


Edited by CoiL - 8/4/14 at 8:04am
post #4862 of 4971

I just wanted to say: I am listening to the Kill la Kill OST, because I have it. At work, laptop sound chip at the wheel, and my god, I am glad I bought these headphones. Low volume (because office and sound leakage = personal stuff in box out front door).

 

That is all.

post #4863 of 4971

What are the differences in sound between the Fidelio X1 and the Hifiman HE400? I like fun, forward, and aggressive sound, with strong fast base and sparkly treble. Would the fidelio x1 be good for me?

 

I listen mainly to EDM. These will be my home listening can to compliment my sennheiser amperior and ksc 75s for on the go. 

post #4864 of 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonpowskier View Post
 

What are the differences in sound between the Fidelio X1 and the Hifiman HE400? I like fun, forward, and aggressive sound, with strong fast base and sparkly treble. Would the fidelio x1 be good for me?

 

I listen mainly to EDM. These will be my home listening can to compliment my sennheiser amperior and ksc 75s for on the go. 

 

 

HE400 fits that description better. Tighter faster bass, more treble, less mids - compared to X1.

 

X1 may have stronger bass, but it's not as fast, and the treble is smoother.

post #4865 of 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

 

HE400 fits that description better. Tighter faster bass, more treble, less mids - compared to X1.

 

X1 may have stronger bass, but it's not as fast, and the treble is smoother.

Thanks alot man. I think the HE 400 is the one. I have had a few people say its going to fit my preferences better now. I just want and end all headphone under $300 for this year, before I get into higher end audio next year. I spent too much on bikes this year..

 

I ended up selling my v moda m100s, because I was reaching for my ksc 75s (15$) more often. Then I found the amperiors for $150, and they were just phenominal, best closed headphones I had ever heard. I want to go back to open, I just hope the HE 400s make the koss ksc75 and sennheiser amperiors look like childs play headphones. Im looking for a superior engagement factor, I want to feel my Trance music through my body, electrifying me with every synth sound. PRaT to make me sweat till I bleed.


Edited by Tetonpowskier - 8/5/14 at 11:34pm
post #4866 of 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonpowskier View Post
 

Thanks alot man. I think the HE 400 is the one. I have had a few people say its going to fit my preferences better now. I just want and end all headphone under $300 for this year, before I get into higher end audio next year. I spent too much on bikes this year..

 

I ended up selling my v moda m100s, because I was reaching for my ksc 75s (15$) more often. Then I found the amperiors for $150, and they were just phenominal, best closed headphones I had ever heard. I want to go back to open, I just hope the HE 400s make the koss ksc75 and sennheiser amperiors look like childs play headphones. Im looking for a superior engagement factor, I want to feel my Trance music through my body, electrifying me with every synth sound. PRaT to make me sweat till I bleed.

Well, depending on what timeframe it turns out to come in, the X2 are already available in some markets, so far the most obvious change is the removable pads (probably replaceable if Philips sells them, otherwise at least it would make it easier to refurbish the pads).

post #4867 of 4971

thinking of jumping on the

Philip Fidelio X1

Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 - is this really necessary for gaming on PS4, Vita and PC? - I currently own the Sony PULSE Elite

VModa BoomPro - for the mic... but is the cable resistance an issue?

Monoprice Cable - replacement cables to overcome stock cable resistance issues

 

on my PC, I use a USB DAC (Audinst HUD-MX1) would this be good enough so I don't need a replacement cable?

... how do I go about connecting the Mixamp Pro 2013 to the PC?

 

EDIT:

in terms of content,

PS4 - Gaming, Movies (Netflix)

PC - Gaming, Movies (Netflix) and Music

 

would I be able to get good surround?


Edited by wilflare - 8/6/14 at 11:53am
post #4868 of 4971

So I did return X1because:

 

1. Highs were not as detailed as k702, designed to be very safe and the just are...too safe for my taste.

2. In more complex and fast parts there were getting lost, lacked the detail and clarity.

 

Anyway I think for the price they are very good headphones, just not my cup of tea.

post #4869 of 4971

I have a "griffin" replacement cable for mine, and it sounds great.

 

The sound of the X1 most reminds me of being in a movie theatre. Mainly the bass is just full and feels like you're at a theatre when amped up. Works awesome for movies and I love them for gaming.

 

They are quickly becoming a favorite. Sure, they aren't the end in terms of detail and clarity, but they offer good warm sound at a great price, comfort to boot, and work well as an all rounder. They check many boxes. Finally have been able to sell some stuff because I keep reaching for the X1's!


Edited by TWerk - 8/8/14 at 8:58pm
post #4870 of 4971

What is up with the X1 got a new one today,but my amp is almost at loudest and still volume sucks how can that be,it was much louder on the previous one..

post #4871 of 4971

may sound dumb, but is the cable plugged in all the way?

post #4872 of 4971

Yes that is plugged in good maybe because it's brand new,but cannot remember the old one had that....

post #4873 of 4971

And the sound is not what it was either,it is even clipping on higher volumes long before i am done with the volume and never had that   so i think it's going back

post #4874 of 4971

So just returned the X1's could not get used to them again it seems....after the ath ws99 is sounds just not as good as before and misses a lot of bas haha so wil order  a extra pair of ws99's just love that thing....

post #4875 of 4971

...bassheads :rolleyes::D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1