Does the FiiO E6 enhance the sound enough for 30 euro's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 305post #4561 of 58206/14/14 at 8:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4562 of 58206/14/14 at 8:59am
Nope. It will be better though. You want something with USB input possibly.post #4563 of 58206/14/14 at 9:02amQuote:
What about the FiiO E07K? Is that one worth 90 euro's to improve the sound of the X1?post #4564 of 58206/14/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Can't say but I'd rather go for the E17 then. Or better yet, the Schiit Magni/Modi stack... Or even a cheap A-GD unit, like the NFB11.
If I were on a tight budget, I'd buy the one on Ebay though, for around 20$, seems like a very good basic unit...post #4565 of 58206/14/14 at 10:05am
Btw, I'm noticing a very annoying problem. I noticed that the bass is more noticable on the right driver than the left.
And I did download sineseg, and made a tonesweep, and it's still on there.post #4566 of 58206/14/14 at 10:39amQuote:
Hey man, I can't get the ELE EL-D02, but I can get the D01 version. Is there a lot of difference between the two dacs?post #4567 of 58206/14/14 at 11:20amQuote:
01 is just a DAC, 02 is also an amplifier. DAC is identical.post #4568 of 58206/14/14 at 11:21amQuote:
But I just want the highest possible sound quality, volume is not an issue.
An amplifier is only for volume right?post #4569 of 58206/14/14 at 11:28amQuote:
Without an external amplifier you'd be using the laptop's integrated amplifierpost #4570 of 58206/14/14 at 11:29amQuote:
Does that have an effect on sound quality, or only volume?post #4571 of 58206/14/14 at 12:24pm
Wow. A lot of communication in a short time (or maybe this is normal haha).
I would personally recommend the E17 just because i'm enjoying it...and it's the only DAC/Amp I have. But it looks like you're leaning towards that ELE. Enjoy. ^_^post #4572 of 58206/14/14 at 12:28pm
Sound quality as well. To get the best out of your headphone you want to have a decent DAC and amplifier.post #4573 of 58206/14/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Oh hell yeah! I have the Asus Phoebus ROG. I haven't had ANY trouble with it and it drives my X1 just fine. Although, I did buy a desk headphone amp because I sometimes want to listen to my Beyer's DT990 250 ohm. The Phoebus is *supposed* to be able to drive phones upto 600 ohm resistance, but nevertheless I saw a noticeable bump in clarity when playing through my Fiio E09K.post #4574 of 58206/14/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I was going to power my X1's with a sound blaster Z, but haven't picked up the sbz yet. What don't you like about it? Anyone else run into issues with the sbz?post #4575 of 58206/14/14 at 8:38pmQuote:
I'm not sure what he means by "not enough" - I assume it was just the never ending pursuit of "flawless" audio and matching it to your individual tastes. I very much liked the combination for the most part, enough to keep it for my desktop.
It was great for the majority of the music I play (Electronic-ish, pop, etc). It might have had slightly boosted (and maybe loose for some people) bass signature by default, but it also comes with a software EQ to change that. It was certainly better than my onboard audio. The only real complaints I ever had were with regards to the virtualized headphone surround sound. I play old video games (Counter Strike: Source, which came out over a decade ago...) that relies on hardware accelerated sound which is no longer supported on modern operating systems... Getting it to work flawlessly (well... close enough) took a lot of research and trial and error. I wouldn't really blame the soundcard for that though. I might try out an X-Fi Titanium HD later on if I ever find one for cheap (I think CMSS-3D might work better with that game).
The drivers are also kind of annoying. I had an old creative soundcard installed at one point, and the old drivers were interfering with the sound. I actually needed to do a driver clean to remove the old creative software properly. There's a thread here on Head-Fi for the Sound Blaster Z/Zx/ZxR cards. I suggest you read part of that.
The microphone it comes with is pretty terrible too... Might as well replace that from the get go. I threw mine away and will probably replace it with a V-Moda BoomPro Mic later on if I ever feel the need to get chatty.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 55 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 1 minute ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › I need a list of the absolute best HI-END IEM's (universal) on the... 5 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 6 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear