Does the FiiO E6 enhance the sound enough for 30 euro's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 305post #4561 of 58626/14/14 at 8:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4562 of 58626/14/14 at 8:59am
Nope. It will be better though. You want something with USB input possibly.post #4563 of 58626/14/14 at 9:02amQuote:
What about the FiiO E07K? Is that one worth 90 euro's to improve the sound of the X1?post #4564 of 58626/14/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Can't say but I'd rather go for the E17 then. Or better yet, the Schiit Magni/Modi stack... Or even a cheap A-GD unit, like the NFB11.
If I were on a tight budget, I'd buy the one on Ebay though, for around 20$, seems like a very good basic unit...post #4565 of 58626/14/14 at 10:05am
Btw, I'm noticing a very annoying problem. I noticed that the bass is more noticable on the right driver than the left.
And I did download sineseg, and made a tonesweep, and it's still on there.post #4566 of 58626/14/14 at 10:39amQuote:
Hey man, I can't get the ELE EL-D02, but I can get the D01 version. Is there a lot of difference between the two dacs?post #4567 of 58626/14/14 at 11:20amQuote:
01 is just a DAC, 02 is also an amplifier. DAC is identical.post #4568 of 58626/14/14 at 11:21amQuote:
But I just want the highest possible sound quality, volume is not an issue.
An amplifier is only for volume right?post #4569 of 58626/14/14 at 11:28amQuote:
Without an external amplifier you'd be using the laptop's integrated amplifierpost #4570 of 58626/14/14 at 11:29amQuote:
Does that have an effect on sound quality, or only volume?post #4571 of 58626/14/14 at 12:24pm
Wow. A lot of communication in a short time (or maybe this is normal haha).
I would personally recommend the E17 just because i'm enjoying it...and it's the only DAC/Amp I have. But it looks like you're leaning towards that ELE. Enjoy. ^_^post #4572 of 58626/14/14 at 12:28pm
Sound quality as well. To get the best out of your headphone you want to have a decent DAC and amplifier.post #4573 of 58626/14/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Oh hell yeah! I have the Asus Phoebus ROG. I haven't had ANY trouble with it and it drives my X1 just fine. Although, I did buy a desk headphone amp because I sometimes want to listen to my Beyer's DT990 250 ohm. The Phoebus is *supposed* to be able to drive phones upto 600 ohm resistance, but nevertheless I saw a noticeable bump in clarity when playing through my Fiio E09K.post #4574 of 58626/14/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I was going to power my X1's with a sound blaster Z, but haven't picked up the sbz yet. What don't you like about it? Anyone else run into issues with the sbz?post #4575 of 58626/14/14 at 8:38pmQuote:
I'm not sure what he means by "not enough" - I assume it was just the never ending pursuit of "flawless" audio and matching it to your individual tastes. I very much liked the combination for the most part, enough to keep it for my desktop.
It was great for the majority of the music I play (Electronic-ish, pop, etc). It might have had slightly boosted (and maybe loose for some people) bass signature by default, but it also comes with a software EQ to change that. It was certainly better than my onboard audio. The only real complaints I ever had were with regards to the virtualized headphone surround sound. I play old video games (Counter Strike: Source, which came out over a decade ago...) that relies on hardware accelerated sound which is no longer supported on modern operating systems... Getting it to work flawlessly (well... close enough) took a lot of research and trial and error. I wouldn't really blame the soundcard for that though. I might try out an X-Fi Titanium HD later on if I ever find one for cheap (I think CMSS-3D might work better with that game).
The drivers are also kind of annoying. I had an old creative soundcard installed at one point, and the old drivers were interfering with the sound. I actually needed to do a driver clean to remove the old creative software properly. There's a thread here on Head-Fi for the Sound Blaster Z/Zx/ZxR cards. I suggest you read part of that.
The microphone it comes with is pretty terrible too... Might as well replace that from the get go. I threw mine away and will probably replace it with a V-Moda BoomPro Mic later on if I ever feel the need to get chatty.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › New member here, just a short introduction 2 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 6 minutes ago
- › Fake oppo HA-1 on Amazon? 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 8 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear