Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 281

post #4201 of 4845

I just found about this "Philips Fidelio X1 High Fidelity Open-Air Headphones (Special Limited Edition) (Gold)"

 

It is something different about them or just the color??

 

Limited Edition (Click to show)

 

 

Me likes

post #4202 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post

I just found about this "Philips Fidelio X1 High Fidelity Open-Air Headphones (Special Limited Edition) (Gold)
"

It is something different about them or just the color??
Limited Edition (Click to show)

Me likes

Positive it's just the color.
post #4203 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelianx View Post
 

I really don't know where the myth of these cans not needing amplification came from. I am typing from an ASUS G73SW with realtek audio and it turns into a distorted mess at higher volumes, and the base volume is very average. Even my gf's 4yo Macbook Pro was better for this. And from my Ipod Touch 4 they also don't reach very high volume.


I feel like an idiot for believing what I was told just like that.

Hmm... Maybe it's your ears? When I plug my X1 directly into my HTC One they become uncomfortable at ~60% volume. My netbook also has no problem driving them. It could be that the realtek chip in your laptop is just crap. All of my consumer hardware has no problem unamped. :-/

post #4204 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post
 

I just found about this "Philips Fidelio X1 High Fidelity Open-Air Headphones (Special Limited Edition) (Gold)"

 

It is something different about them or just the color??

 

Limited Edition (Click to show)

 

 

Me likes

Bling!

post #4205 of 4845
More X1 love baby! LOVE IT!!!
post #4206 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDezor View Post
 

Hmm... Maybe it's your ears? When I plug my X1 directly into my HTC One they become uncomfortable at ~60% volume. My netbook also has no problem driving them. It could be that the realtek chip in your laptop is just crap. All of my consumer hardware has no problem unamped. :-/

To me they don't sound all that amazing until amped i think is what people are getting at more than volume levels

post #4207 of 4845

Mine sound terrible through a sansa clip but amazing through xonar dx + e6 amp + dolby headphone on the clip + or abndroid it's a gritty thuddy undynamic sound but ive found most full size does compared to in ears

post #4208 of 4845

Sounded good off my Clip to my ears :/

post #4209 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelianx View Post

I really don't know where the myth of these cans not needing amplification came from. I am typing from an ASUS G73SW with realtek audio and it turns into a distorted mess at higher volumes, and the base volume is very average. Even my gf's 4yo Macbook Pro was better for this. And from my Ipod Touch 4 they also don't reach very high volume.


I feel like an idiot for believing what I was told just like that.
While my Vamp Verza is charging, I have my Fidelio X1 plugged directly into my iPhone 5s and at 50% volume it sounds pretty dang good. When I had the Vamp Verza in the loop (before the battery died) 10 minutes ago, the bass was a little tighter and deeper.

My Fidelio X1 sounds pretty good out of my iPhone, iPod, iPad and MacBook without an amp, but it does improve with an amp.
post #4210 of 4845

Here's a review from another thread I wrote:: http://www.head-fi.org/t/708218/gaming-headphones-with-bass-extension-150-250-budget-resolved-phillips-x1s-review/30#post_10418499

post #4211 of 4845

Got my Fidelio X1 today. Those cans are beautiful ! :P

 

 

About amping these... I also think they need amping. I think it has something to do with mA it needs not being about 30Ohm cans but I`m not qualified to confirm this. But even going from default 0 gain level to +10dB with Aune T1 gave little change in sound quality to better. 


Edited by CoiL - 4/2/14 at 2:58pm
post #4212 of 4845
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post

Got my Fidelio X1 today. Those cans are beautiful ! :P



 



About amping these... I also think they need amping. I think it has something to do with mA it needs not being about 30Ohm cans but I`m not qualified to confirm this. But even going from default 0 gain level to +10dB with Aune T1 gave little change in sound quality to better. 

 



Very interested to hear what tubes you like with the X1's and the T1.
post #4213 of 4845

Got to burn-in these cans and let the memory-foam settle for my head but first impressions are pretty much same as Mike in headfonia review hints:
 

Quote:
The 1840 is still more refined, and the mids and highs are smoother, but I find that a good tube amp can help the X1 in those departments.
Quote:
The key, is to find an amp with a smooth top end and a full midrange. This headphone has a good speed and attack by default, so I won’t be needing a solid state. What it needs, however is a little smoother treble and a little boost in the mids body. The ALO Pan Am is the best pairing I’ve heard with the X1 especially with the smooth Siemens tube upgrade.

 

That says pretty much about what tube to get for Aune T1 ;)

I will share impressions about tubes after getting some time to play with X1 But my Siemens E88CC grey plate O-ring getter gold pins & Amperex 6DJ8 OG GAC are pretty good match for this combo. First one for basically every genre and second for rock/metal/progressive/jazz.


Edited by CoiL - 4/2/14 at 3:16pm
post #4214 of 4845

Who has the Denon D2000? How does it compare to the X1? Does the X1 do anything better, worth the upgrade?

post #4215 of 4845

Am I correct in saying that the X1 has a fairly flat/frequency response, with a slight bump for bass (but not so much)?

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsFidelioX1.pdf

 

If so, I am currently looking for other headphones that display these characteristics as it seems I like it a lot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1