- 106 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 276post #4126 of 58633/10/14 at 2:37pmWhen you go from one sound signature to another, it can be hard to adjust to what you're use to. I went from the dt770/80 to X1. When adding in the C&C BH2, my impressions were of a treble that sparkles and bass that punches with great balance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4127 of 58633/10/14 at 3:22pm
2 pages of his complaining and he still didn't mention his driving hardware...
What is your DAC ?
I was listening to my X1 connected to my onboard soundcard and thought it sounded good...until my Schiit Modi & Magni arrived... just then I realized how many details I was missing. Forget cheap DACs. These are great headphones, and if not accompanied by great hardware they can't shine.
Also, you keep comparing them to 990s - what for? Do you want them to sound as good, or better? Do you realize they're different headphones, it's normal that they sound different?
You don't like the sound? Can you return them and ask for a refund, keep 990s?
I don't quite understand what's your intention here.post #4128 of 58633/10/14 at 3:50pmpost #4129 of 58633/10/14 at 4:53pmQuote:
No reason to respond that way. Yes I have used many, many beyers. I own a T1, DT1350, Custom One Pro, and DT990 Pro right now. I know what velour feel like, and while not a true velour, it's similar. The soundstage is big, bigger than a DT880's, but close enough to do a comparison. Yes it is similar in size but the X1 is still bigger, perhaps closer to DT990 size.
All my headphones are driven from powerful amps (SPL Auditor, Violectric V200, Audio-GD Roc), so they all have more than enough power on hand for my headphones. The V200 is mostly overkill for everything I own, but I wanted to future proof myself.post #4130 of 58633/10/14 at 9:09pm
I was expecting better volume response from my portable devices; I'm really wishing for more sauce from both my ASUS t100 and my ipod touch 4s... I want more volume. Alas.The thing with these cans is that the prominent bass CAN make the mids sound recessed, and particularly at less-than-high volumes, the mids do get pushed back compromising the vividness and proximity of the music. These are meant to be listened to loudly.
I might consider selling these for the L2s if those compromise a bit of the bass for a more definitive mid presence, and I can get more punch from them too.
Edited by krelianx - 3/10/14 at 9:13pmpost #4131 of 58633/10/14 at 9:20pm
Mine are very loud from a xonar dx to e6 amp to headphone I have the e6 about halfway volume and windows volume bar down low.
They NEED amping no idea where the idea that they don't need amping has come from they definitely do as they are real low volume from my sansa clip and sound night and day better when the fiio e6 + xonar is used.
Was the first thing I noticed that I needed to up the volume on my e6 compared to my ns1000 which are 300ohm.
I swear the 30ohm rating on these is somehow not correct a stab in the dark it would appear to me they are like 400ohm or something ? not sure how it all works just because a can is low ohm can it be still requiring good power due to sensitivity etc ?
bass levels are also depending on clamp force the tighter it's clamping the more bass etc
Edited by c64 - 3/10/14 at 9:25pmpost #4132 of 58633/10/14 at 9:30pmpost #4133 of 58633/10/14 at 10:12pmpost #4134 of 58633/11/14 at 2:28ampost #4135 of 58633/11/14 at 3:53pm
The best amp for the money lately and all the rage seems to be the eph-02 amp I think it's called "JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amplifier" in the usa.
It's the one I plan on getting others to consider are the fiio e09k, Aune t1 Aune X1 and of course the schiit.
I wouldn't get a DAC if you are running movies on a computer better off with a soundcard with dolby headphone etc for movies dolby headphone is amazing with movies on these.
I think there are ways to run dolby headphone using a fiio e17 not sure on that one.
Edited by c64 - 3/11/14 at 4:03pmpost #4136 of 58633/11/14 at 7:21pm
I purchased a used Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 to work with my XBOX 360 and X1s for late night gaming. Would it make sense to purchase a separate amplifier like the Schiit Magni or FiiO E09K for listening to music and watching TV and movies with the X1s. Is the MixAmp Pro versatile enough to be used for more than gaming? Would also use the Magni or E09K to connect to my laptop as well.post #4137 of 58633/11/14 at 8:28pm
so i've read that the stock cable should be replaced, but what if i was using the modi/magni ? i ask because i need the 6.3mm adapter and i'm having trouble finding a 3.5mm to 6.3mm cable anywhere to replace the stock cable.
anyone using the stock cable with a dac/amp ?post #4138 of 58633/11/14 at 9:35pmQuote:
Update, took some pictures on the desk and my bathrobe.
Really weird problem.post #4139 of 58633/12/14 at 12:24am
Wouldn't worry probably just something to do with proper memory foam chemical not drying out yet i know it stinks at first sometimes.
Do the sock mod it's easy will soak up any chemical that seeps out also try airing them ? leave by an open window or airing cupboard ?
Have no such issues with my set they didn't even have that memory foam smell when they arrived.post #4140 of 58633/12/14 at 4:22amDo u guys have any suggestion about its Impedance?
Do you relaly think it is 30 Ohm as according to Philips?
I ask that, beause my DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm need less power to drive comparing them...
my Xperia Z utra could get DT 990 Pros lot louder
Philips X1 ist very quiet with my phone
and My Creative soundcard with "integrated amp 600 ohm" gets 250 ohm Beyer also lot louder then philips
whats wrong there?
I get my Fiio E12 next days and would try with it
i suppose X1 will sound lot ...loot better with E12
But how the hell to understand that...
I think Beyer Gives worst case Impedance as Data and Philips gives just its best case
Impedance should be depended on Signal frequency and according to mesuring moment freq , you could get different values
AFAIK...and awaiting for comments from guys who know more...
p.s. according to comparison and lil calculations philips should be somewhere 300-350 Ohm Impedance
I also tested its Cable
Edited by utmelidze - 3/12/14 at 4:24am
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro30 *Price drop* 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 7 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 8 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear