Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 266

post #3976 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by c64 View Post
 

I'd just keep them they have manufacturer warranty anyway and who cares about the box ? it's just a basic box

Thanks.  Forgot about the warranty, actually. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-ST View Post
 

 

Dude, I really thought someone was knocking on my door in the Binaural test. Scary how good these headphones are :basshead: 

Same here!  Binaural can be really trippy.  The X1's bass gave more weight to the knock and I jumped a bit when I first heard it.

 

I checked out some different scenes from Avengers last night and these did not fail to impress!

post #3977 of 5146

Was listening randomly to my playlist, and, never noticed this before, but this song with the fidelio x1 is WOW

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYs58omqtCg

 

Sorry but didn't found better quality :(


Edited by Harghan - 2/27/14 at 1:21pm
post #3978 of 5146

which other headphones do you own or which did you go from to the x1 ?

To me that sounds as good on my dr150 almost as my x1 ? I am kinda going off the boil of these x1 I think they are only good for movies and dolby headphone 5.1 7.1 etc

post #3979 of 5146

Well their overall characters are pretty similar, also the sound signatures are similarly shaped but I was just pointing out the slight differences between them (no two cans can sound the same). 

 

post #3980 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by c64 View Post
 

which other headphones do you own or which did you go from to the x1 ?

To me that sounds as good on my dr150 almost as my x1 ? I am kinda going off the boil of these x1 I think they are only good for movies and dolby headphone 5.1 7.1 etc

I come from: Senn Hd 25, Senn Pc 360 & my GF own a Takstar Hi 2050

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, there is 30 Day that i have my fidelio x1, and what can i say about it.

 

 

When i received it, i was complaining of : Headaches, Ears getting hot, Dolor after long session of gaming,

 

Well...

 

 

Headaches: Cerumen plug in the ear ! Gone.

Ears getting hot, dolor after long sessions of gaming (because of clamping): I did the bending mod (http://youtu.be/B5GxWTzK0CA?t=1m21s)

no more hard clamping !

 

 

 

And now, i am fully satisfied of this headphone, my first real one :)

post #3981 of 5146

Just busted out my old snapped goldring dr150 and did some A/B apart from the bass the goldring sound better in every area more clear defined details revealed in the sound with a better pronounced mids and treble ? never occurred to me to a/b with some open cans I own til now.

 

Think I was just wowed by the big bass on an open can tbh and having been on closed cans for years was disappointed to hear the same cool soundtage and rumbling bass and details on the DR150 I'll give it til monday and If I don't start hearing symbols I can hear from the dr150 think i'll be letting them go sadly.

 

Nice bassy can good for movie watching would still recommend as an all rounder but not sure they are worth the money depending how much you paid for them.
The mids and treble are completely awol still on my set maybe I have duds ? I can hear clear symbols on for example muse live in rome on a song under the dr150 which are very distant and muffled almost not heard on the x1.

 

Can anyone else do some a/b comparison with any other open cans they own ? there are clear details in songs I can hear on the goldring that are barely there on the x1 ?


Edited by c64 - 2/27/14 at 2:58pm
post #3982 of 5146

Hey guys, mostly used these for PC gaming until recently when I grabbed a mixamp pro 2013 for my PS4.

 

Now I need an amp/dac for music and such since my xonar died and the x-fi I have been using sounds pretty bad. Any suggestions? Was looking at the magni/modi setup. Any suggestions for something cheaper? Been spending enough lately and girlfriend may stab me soon :D

post #3983 of 5146

EHP-O2

post #3984 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by c64 View Post
 

EHP-O2

Know of a place to buy in the U.S.? Kind of a pain to import from UK.

 

Otherwise any other ideas? I had looked at that a bit in past and never got it because it was a pain to find here.

 

The ones I did find in the US were pretty expensive as well.


Edited by Gobhal - 2/27/14 at 7:56pm
post #3985 of 5146
If you're finding the X1 louder with the same volume than the other cans then maybe there is something wrong? Everything I've read and heard myself on my pair compared to the other Senns on my NAD D 3020 is that the X1 needs more volume to be as loud as the Senns. The HD598 at -40dB sounds as loud as the X1 at -20, for example.

Personally I find the X1 more rewarding to listen to though for both music and movies.
post #3986 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobhal View Post
 

Know of a place to buy in the U.S.? Kind of a pain to import from UK.

 

Otherwise any other ideas? I had looked at that a bit in past and never got it because it was a pain to find here.

 

The ones I did find in the US were pretty expensive as well.

Isn't the same amp available in the usa but it's called Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by jdlabs

post #3987 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by c64 View Post
 

Isn't the same amp available in the usa but it's called Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by jdlabs

You are right, I was thinking the o2+odac that is why I was thinking it was expensive. Thinking to just go with the magni/modi since I need a DAC, 

 

Don't really want to go over $200 right now, especially with HD598's and X1's :)

post #3988 of 5146

Sending mine back today the goldring dr150 sound better in every department apart from bass.

 

To me this proves that people lie about what they own or have owned ? to compare these to sennheiser hd650 is laughable.

 

More detail revealed in the goldring better soundstage and imaging but at the same time a very similar sound, EQ the bass up on the dr150 and you have a pair of x1 more or less but with more detail in the mids and treble.

 

Only time anyone would be impressed by these would be if they have come from closed cans or low budget sennheisers which are not as good as goldring dr150.

 

The sennheiser momentum over ears i owned is like night and day comparing to these so much detail and refinement and timbre compared to the x1.

 

There's virtually no timbre on these at all just big wafty woolly bass monsters with recessed mids and rolled off treble.

 

You need to test the x1 next to a pair of quality open cans to see the x1 are nothing special at all once you get over the novelty of big bass on open cans.


Edited by c64 - 2/28/14 at 7:05am
post #3989 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobhal View Post
 

You are right, I was thinking the o2+odac that is why I was thinking it was expensive. Thinking to just go with the magni/modi since I need a DAC, 

 

Don't really want to go over $200 right now, especially with HD598's and X1's :)

I thought the 02 has a dac built in ?

post #3990 of 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by c64 View Post
 

Sending mine back today the goldring dr150 sound better in every department apart from bass.

 

To me this proves that people lie about what they own or have owned ? to compare these to sennheiser hd650 is laughable.

 

More detail revealed in the goldring better soundstage and imaging but at the same time a very similar sound, EQ the bass up on the dr150 and you have a pair of x1 more or less but with more detail in the mids and treble.

 

Only time anyone would be impressed by these would be if they have come from closed cans or low budget sennheisers which are not as good as goldring dr150.

 

The sennheiser momentum on over ears i owned is like night and day comparing to these so much detail and refinement and timbre compared to the x1.

 

There's virtually no timbre on these at all just big wafty woolly bass monsters with recessed mids and rolled off treble.

 

You need to test the x1 next to a pair of quality open cans to see the x1 are nothing special at all.

M'kay... :blink:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1