Hi all, do you have a recommendation for a good low impedance audio cable for X1, but it needs to be 3.5mm (X1 side) to 6.3mm (my AMP side) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 245post #3661 of 56671/27/14 at 3:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 56671/27/14 at 3:08pmI also bought the Mediabridge cable. I've decided to try out the stock cable first and later on test the mediabridge. Since I've been so impressed no need to switch quite yet.
For the BH2 I'm on high gc with lf and sf off. I tried the softer HP 2 out first, which didnt give the X1 the sense of power I thought it needed. I moved on to the HP 1 out and that suited my needs much better.post #3663 of 56671/27/14 at 3:27pmpost #3664 of 56671/27/14 at 3:51pmQuote:
Right, you don't need to change the cable.
The issue of whether cables sound different, any one of them from any other of them,
regardless of price (which can get very steep indeed), is - and has been for years - one of the most
often and hotly debated topics in the world of audio and sound reproduction.
My suggestion, if you want to take this further: pick up another cable and decide if you yourself
hear a difference between the two...post #3665 of 56671/27/14 at 5:18pmpost #3666 of 56671/27/14 at 6:23pmpost #3667 of 56671/27/14 at 7:28pmpost #3668 of 56671/27/14 at 7:37pmpost #3669 of 56671/27/14 at 10:58pmpost #3670 of 56671/28/14 at 2:19ampost #3671 of 56671/28/14 at 4:48am
After owning my X1's for a few now I can honestly say these are the best headphones I've ever owned. I love them. I can tell a slight difference between the stock cable the and 8' monoprice cable I purchased, but I'm leaning more and more to the stock cable all the time, it feels "warmer" to me and the monoprice cable does have some microphonics that the stock cable does not.
Wish I would have purchased a 2nd set now for later use when they were on sale!post #3672 of 56671/28/14 at 4:55am
X1s and Boompro just turned up from amazon US, Not had a chance to game with them Just yet but listening to some music and wow these thing are insane for open cans they nearly go as low as my D2K not much in it at all.post #3673 of 56671/29/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
At least they're memory foam. Maybe they last longer? I know it doesn't speak for the velour, but at least the comfort should stay the same. I noticed that one of my pads is rotated about 10 degrees and the other is totally straight. Kinda odd, doesn't affect anything, but seriously? Couldn't glue them on straight?
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?post #3674 of 56671/29/14 at 11:32ampost #3675 of 56671/29/14 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?
I'm actually going to try to get replacements, and see if it is a lottery for them to be correct (The right hand side on mine is correct, the left hand is turned 90 degrees.. I can feel the difference. Hopefully 'item is not perfect' paired with 'light rattle in right ear' are reason enough to get a replacement from Amazon.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble 4 Universal IEM Like New +Spinfit Tips 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3