Hi all, do you have a recommendation for a good low impedance audio cable for X1, but it needs to be 3.5mm (X1 side) to 6.3mm (my AMP side) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 245post #3661 of 48901/27/14 at 3:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 48901/27/14 at 3:08pmI also bought the Mediabridge cable. I've decided to try out the stock cable first and later on test the mediabridge. Since I've been so impressed no need to switch quite yet.
For the BH2 I'm on high gc with lf and sf off. I tried the softer HP 2 out first, which didnt give the X1 the sense of power I thought it needed. I moved on to the HP 1 out and that suited my needs much better.post #3663 of 48901/27/14 at 3:27pmpost #3664 of 48901/27/14 at 3:51pmQuote:
Right, you don't need to change the cable.
The issue of whether cables sound different, any one of them from any other of them,
regardless of price (which can get very steep indeed), is - and has been for years - one of the most
often and hotly debated topics in the world of audio and sound reproduction.
My suggestion, if you want to take this further: pick up another cable and decide if you yourself
hear a difference between the two...post #3665 of 48901/27/14 at 5:18pmpost #3666 of 48901/27/14 at 6:23pmpost #3667 of 48901/27/14 at 7:28pmpost #3668 of 48901/27/14 at 7:37pmpost #3669 of 48901/27/14 at 10:58pmpost #3670 of 48901/28/14 at 2:19ampost #3671 of 48901/28/14 at 4:48am
After owning my X1's for a few now I can honestly say these are the best headphones I've ever owned. I love them. I can tell a slight difference between the stock cable the and 8' monoprice cable I purchased, but I'm leaning more and more to the stock cable all the time, it feels "warmer" to me and the monoprice cable does have some microphonics that the stock cable does not.
Wish I would have purchased a 2nd set now for later use when they were on sale!post #3672 of 48901/28/14 at 4:55am
X1s and Boompro just turned up from amazon US, Not had a chance to game with them Just yet but listening to some music and wow these thing are insane for open cans they nearly go as low as my D2K not much in it at all.post #3673 of 48901/29/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
At least they're memory foam. Maybe they last longer? I know it doesn't speak for the velour, but at least the comfort should stay the same. I noticed that one of my pads is rotated about 10 degrees and the other is totally straight. Kinda odd, doesn't affect anything, but seriously? Couldn't glue them on straight?
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?post #3674 of 48901/29/14 at 11:32ampost #3675 of 48901/29/14 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?
I'm actually going to try to get replacements, and see if it is a lottery for them to be correct (The right hand side on mine is correct, the left hand is turned 90 degrees.. I can feel the difference. Hopefully 'item is not perfect' paired with 'light rattle in right ear' are reason enough to get a replacement from Amazon.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 44 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 51 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Modded Mini-x + Tons more!!! 3 minutes ago
- › After you buy a headphone what is most important to you? 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)