Hi all, do you have a recommendation for a good low impedance audio cable for X1, but it needs to be 3.5mm (X1 side) to 6.3mm (my AMP side) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 245post #3661 of 49581/27/14 at 3:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 49581/27/14 at 3:08pmI also bought the Mediabridge cable. I've decided to try out the stock cable first and later on test the mediabridge. Since I've been so impressed no need to switch quite yet.
For the BH2 I'm on high gc with lf and sf off. I tried the softer HP 2 out first, which didnt give the X1 the sense of power I thought it needed. I moved on to the HP 1 out and that suited my needs much better.post #3663 of 49581/27/14 at 3:27pmpost #3664 of 49581/27/14 at 3:51pmQuote:
Right, you don't need to change the cable.
The issue of whether cables sound different, any one of them from any other of them,
regardless of price (which can get very steep indeed), is - and has been for years - one of the most
often and hotly debated topics in the world of audio and sound reproduction.
My suggestion, if you want to take this further: pick up another cable and decide if you yourself
hear a difference between the two...post #3665 of 49581/27/14 at 5:18pmpost #3666 of 49581/27/14 at 6:23pmpost #3667 of 49581/27/14 at 7:28pmpost #3668 of 49581/27/14 at 7:37pmpost #3669 of 49581/27/14 at 10:58pmpost #3670 of 49581/28/14 at 2:19ampost #3671 of 49581/28/14 at 4:48am
After owning my X1's for a few now I can honestly say these are the best headphones I've ever owned. I love them. I can tell a slight difference between the stock cable the and 8' monoprice cable I purchased, but I'm leaning more and more to the stock cable all the time, it feels "warmer" to me and the monoprice cable does have some microphonics that the stock cable does not.
Wish I would have purchased a 2nd set now for later use when they were on sale!post #3672 of 49581/28/14 at 4:55am
X1s and Boompro just turned up from amazon US, Not had a chance to game with them Just yet but listening to some music and wow these thing are insane for open cans they nearly go as low as my D2K not much in it at all.post #3673 of 49581/29/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
At least they're memory foam. Maybe they last longer? I know it doesn't speak for the velour, but at least the comfort should stay the same. I noticed that one of my pads is rotated about 10 degrees and the other is totally straight. Kinda odd, doesn't affect anything, but seriously? Couldn't glue them on straight?
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?post #3674 of 49581/29/14 at 11:32ampost #3675 of 49581/29/14 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?
I'm actually going to try to get replacements, and see if it is a lottery for them to be correct (The right hand side on mine is correct, the left hand is turned 90 degrees.. I can feel the difference. Hopefully 'item is not perfect' paired with 'light rattle in right ear' are reason enough to get a replacement from Amazon.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for Clarity 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Chord Hugo - Excellent Condition 13 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)