Hi all, do you have a recommendation for a good low impedance audio cable for X1, but it needs to be 3.5mm (X1 side) to 6.3mm (my AMP side) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 245post #3661 of 56901/27/14 at 3:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 56901/27/14 at 3:08pmI also bought the Mediabridge cable. I've decided to try out the stock cable first and later on test the mediabridge. Since I've been so impressed no need to switch quite yet.
For the BH2 I'm on high gc with lf and sf off. I tried the softer HP 2 out first, which didnt give the X1 the sense of power I thought it needed. I moved on to the HP 1 out and that suited my needs much better.post #3663 of 56901/27/14 at 3:27pmpost #3664 of 56901/27/14 at 3:51pmQuote:
Right, you don't need to change the cable.
The issue of whether cables sound different, any one of them from any other of them,
regardless of price (which can get very steep indeed), is - and has been for years - one of the most
often and hotly debated topics in the world of audio and sound reproduction.
My suggestion, if you want to take this further: pick up another cable and decide if you yourself
hear a difference between the two...post #3665 of 56901/27/14 at 5:18pmpost #3666 of 56901/27/14 at 6:23pmpost #3667 of 56901/27/14 at 7:28pmpost #3668 of 56901/27/14 at 7:37pmpost #3669 of 56901/27/14 at 10:58pmpost #3670 of 56901/28/14 at 2:19ampost #3671 of 56901/28/14 at 4:48am
After owning my X1's for a few now I can honestly say these are the best headphones I've ever owned. I love them. I can tell a slight difference between the stock cable the and 8' monoprice cable I purchased, but I'm leaning more and more to the stock cable all the time, it feels "warmer" to me and the monoprice cable does have some microphonics that the stock cable does not.
Wish I would have purchased a 2nd set now for later use when they were on sale!post #3672 of 56901/28/14 at 4:55am
X1s and Boompro just turned up from amazon US, Not had a chance to game with them Just yet but listening to some music and wow these thing are insane for open cans they nearly go as low as my D2K not much in it at all.post #3673 of 56901/29/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
At least they're memory foam. Maybe they last longer? I know it doesn't speak for the velour, but at least the comfort should stay the same. I noticed that one of my pads is rotated about 10 degrees and the other is totally straight. Kinda odd, doesn't affect anything, but seriously? Couldn't glue them on straight?
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?post #3674 of 56901/29/14 at 11:32ampost #3675 of 56901/29/14 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thujone
So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?
I'm actually going to try to get replacements, and see if it is a lottery for them to be correct (The right hand side on mine is correct, the left hand is turned 90 degrees.. I can feel the difference. Hopefully 'item is not perfect' paired with 'light rattle in right ear' are reason enough to get a replacement from Amazon.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 23 seconds ago
- › Replace earbuds on LG Tone Pro HBS-800 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2