Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 25

post #361 of 4949

Do the European Fidelio x1 work just fine in the US? I know it's a stupid question... Just want to make sure

post #362 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Do the European Fidelio x1 work just fine in the US? I know it's a stupid question... Just want to make sure

I believe it should.  I had mine imported from China to US and they offer shipping to the UK and elsewhere so I don't see why not.  Plus I've purchased earphones/headphones from UK and Asia and have not had any problems.  I think headphones/earphones use a standard 1/8 or 1/4 plugs which work anywhere.  

post #363 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Do the European Fidelio x1 work just fine in the US? I know it's a stupid question... Just want to make sure

Sure it does, unless you want to plug it in a power socket. biggrin.gif
post #364 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post


Sure it does, unless you want to plug it in a power socket. biggrin.gif

Which neither a US nor an EU version would appreciate ;-)

post #365 of 4949

It's been reviewed in the current issue of Hifi Choice (UK). It got 5 stars overall, with positive comments on build quality & SQ.

post #366 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1 View Post

It's been reviewed in the current issue of Hifi Choice (UK). It got 5 stars overall, with positive comments on build quality & SQ.

 

5 stars from how many?  happy_face1.gif

post #367 of 4949

5 out of 5 stars. It was described as having the good sonic qualities of an HD650 and an ATH-AD900.

post #368 of 4949
Thread Starter 

Honestly, I'm rather skeptical of anything almost any hifi publication has to say about headphones especially. HD650 + AD900...ok...?

post #369 of 4949

Mmm so how is the X1 for rock? And how is its imaging and isolation?

 

Thats about all I couldn't find answers to. Kind of reminds me of my Denons though - or am I off? Wondering how the PRAT compares, because as tight as the D7000 is, it always has a relaxed/euphoric presentation, which is not the best for fast rock or heavy metal

post #370 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post


Well I offered mine for $300 but no takers. Anyways, I've shipped it back now so offer is over.

So what they said might be true.... there are a lot of paid promoters of products everywhere now.

Amazon was guilty of paying some reviewers .. Seems like everyone is using word-of-mouth marketing nowadays.

post #371 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj888 View Post

So what they said might be true.... there are a lot of paid promoters of products everywhere now.
Amazon was guilty of paying some reviewers .. Seems like everyone is using word-of-mouth marketing nowadays.

You should know that hekeli had 2 X1s, one from Amazon.de and the other one from Amazon.it... So he sent back home the pricier one. biggrin.gif
post #372 of 4949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post


You should know that hekeli had 2 X1s, one from Amazon.de and the other one from Amazon.it... So he sent back home the pricier one. biggrin.gif

 

Actually I sent both back since they just don't fit my head. I wonder if anyone managed to grab my "used" one on Amazon.it.. or if it appeared there at all. I didn't even open the box!

post #373 of 4949

This is Bulldog, a new reader/blogger from Amstardam, The Netherlands, Europe.

I am following this blog for 2 weeks now because I am very interested in getting the X1. Yesterday I bought the magazine Hi-Fi Choise for the test of the X1. It is probably the best magazine in Europe about Hi-Fi test and de they consider the X1 nothing short of brilliant! They are beguiled by it. On pair with the HD650 and ATH-AD900. On the bass a little less full compared with the HD650, but that is only a big plus. The verdict: "Finely built and finished, smooth, even and musical sound, with real clarity and insighy, too".

post #374 of 4949

Sorry, I mean Amsterdam...

post #375 of 4949
I stand corrected. tongue.gif
Anyway it seems the X1 wasn't that bad to you, SQ wise... amirite? wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1