Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 240

post #3586 of 5001
I ordered these 1 day before the 150$ deal. Luckily, I just browsed this thread last night and requested a refund price difference that was granted to my account for 99$.
post #3587 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankets View Post
 

I’m going to replace the stock cable with a FAW HPC. Would you guys recommend going with the 6.5 termination, or just go with 3.5mm?

Depends where you are going to connect the cable but I personally bought with 3.5mm jack because if you want to connect to an amplifier having a 6.35mm input you just have to buy an adapter.

post #3588 of 5001
Oh man, im just giggling and waiting for my x1s to arrive..a 250-300 dollar headphone for 150 bucks? oh my, this year started really good for me lol.

Anyways, I ordered the MA900 last week, they should be here anytime now. These two headsets are my first ever expensive headphones, never had anything above 100 dollars in headphones.

Initially i was just going to spend 200 hence why i bought the ma900 but when i saw the x1 on sale yesterday morning, i was like add to cart now lol. Now my wallet is hurt a bit but eh..spending almost 400 bucks almost feels good
post #3589 of 5001

got in on the lightning deal! keen to check them out, will be my first open headphone.

 

unfortunately couldn't order the mediabridge cable at the same time (won't ship to australia). that kabel direct one won't ship to aus either. will use my spare v-moda cable from my M-100 for now...any other recommendations for (cheap) replacement cable?


Edited by caprimulgus - 1/23/14 at 5:59am
post #3590 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimulgus View Post
 

got in on the lightning deal! keen to check them out, will be my first open headphone.

 

unfortunately couldn't order the mediabridge cable at the same time (won't ship to australia). that kabel direct one won't ship to aus either. will use my spare v-moda cable from my M-100 for now...any other recommendations for (cheap) replacement cable?

 

I ordered an audio-only cable from V-Moda for mine for $12US. Like you, I was using my spare from my M-100 as well. The cable I ordered is very nice and not nearly as stiff as the ones that came with the M-100. The cable that came with the X1 is quite excellent in build and appearance and, truth be told, I cannot really tell all that much of a difference - at least when I am at work. I picked up the other cable automatically because of everything I read about the "horrors" of the stock cable. Perhaps when I take them home this weekend and do some "critical" listening a difference may be heard... Just joking - I listen for fun! :wink_face:

post #3591 of 5001

I ordered the mediabridge 8' cable with at the same time. The Philips cable looks great, but I can tell the difference between the two sound wise. The only downside to the mediabridge is it does have some microphonics, not a big deal if you're not moving.

post #3592 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funambulistic View Post

 

I ordered an audio-only cable from V-Moda for mine for $12US. Like you, I was using my spare from my M-100 as well. The cable I ordered is very nice and not nearly as stiff as the ones that came with the M-100. The cable that came with the X1 is quite excellent in build and appearance and, truth be told, I cannot really tell all that much of a difference - at least when I am at work. I picked up the other cable automatically because of everything I read about the "horrors" of the stock cable. Perhaps when I take them home this weekend and do some "critical" listening a difference may be heard... Just joking - I listen for fun! " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink_face.gif">

 



like most things on head-fi the "issues" with the X1 cable are over exaggerated. There is a slight "improvement" in the clarity with the V-Moda cable but I find the X1 loses some of it's character. I prefer the stock cable, but if I'm not listening carefully I can't tell the difference.
post #3593 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyyskankin View Post

I bought the media bridge wire with it and used it right away instead of the stock wire.

That should be enough. I may try it with my Android and see if it's underpowered.
post #3594 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post
 
like most things on head-fi the "issues" with the X1 cable are over exaggerated. There is a slight "improvement" in the clarity with the V-Moda cable but I find the X1 loses some of it's character. I prefer the stock cable, but if I'm not listening carefully I can't tell the difference.

 

^This. Thank you kind sir!

post #3595 of 5001

mine arrived this morning, a full day early which ended up being 1-day shipping, and they even came before I had to leave for work. Gotta love Amazon!

 

First impression - the bass is very impressive! Right now I have them running straight into my MBP w/ the stock cable. Can't wait to try them w/ my Vali at work


Edited by thievesarmy - 1/23/14 at 9:26am
post #3596 of 5001
If any one doesn't like them or doesn't need another set of cans (lol) I'd love to buy them. I had been watching them for months and had a pair in my cart. When I went to check out I tried three times but it wouldn't go through. Then they were OOS! Anyways I hope everyone enjoys their new cans you got a smoking deal and thanks for everyone's input on this thread who helped me decide I want them!
post #3597 of 5001

After 5 chat rep and 2 emails. The second email rep refunded me $100. Definitely keeping the headphones now. That being said, these are most likely be my end game headphones for a while. What direction should I go for better quality sounds?

 

I love the headphones but it's not loud enough. I have used it on my android phone, lenovo thinkpad yoga, and on board pc(no sound card).

 

I'm at school 5-8 hours for 4 days during the week. Should I invest in a portable amp/dac, sound card, or amp/dac? I'm looking to spend less than $200.

 

I've seen recommendations for Fiio E17 and X3

post #3598 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyyskankin View Post
 

After 5 chat rep and 2 emails. The second email rep refunded me $100. Definitely keeping the headphones now. That being said, these are most likely be my end game headphones for a while. What direction should I go for better quality sounds?

 

I love the headphones but it's not loud enough. I have used it on my android phone, lenovo thinkpad yoga, and on board pc(no sound card).

 

I'm at school 5-8 hours for 4 days during the week. Should I invest in a portable amp/dac, sound card, or amp/dac? I'm looking to spend less than $200.

 

I've seen recommendations for Fiio E17 and X3

These don't really need an amp. A Xonar DX using the UNi Drivers should be good enough. I have used these with a fiio e7 and it did fine. Again, they don't really need an amp. They are listening phones, for home / quieter places.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyyskankin View Post


Email or chat? I showed them that and they still ramble on about can't price adjust for promotion. What did you say to pressure them?

Email. The emails rarely go to the same person it seems, so if they ask for data or whatever, just send more emails. I think I got lucky. I said it was 50% off (I think in terms of percents / ratios / maths), and they misunderstood me and gave me 50% of my original purchase price back (124.99).

 

EDIT: See you resolved this.


Edited by NinjaQuick - 1/23/14 at 11:34am
post #3599 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyyskankin View Post
 

After 5 chat rep and 2 emails. The second email rep refunded me $100. Definitely keeping the headphones now. That being said, these are most likely be my end game headphones for a while. What direction should I go for better quality sounds?

 

I love the headphones but it's not loud enough. I have used it on my android phone, lenovo thinkpad yoga, and on board pc(no sound card).

 

I'm at school 5-8 hours for 4 days during the week. Should I invest in a portable amp/dac, sound card, or amp/dac? I'm looking to spend less than $200.

 

I've seen recommendations for Fiio E17 and X3

 

I wouldn't recommend these for use outside of the house either... at least in public places.  Their open back design would allow too much outside noise in, plus being open back everyone would also hear what you were listening to!  You may be better off using that $200 and getting som IEM's for outside the house.

post #3600 of 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
 

 

I wouldn't recommend these for use outside of the house either... at least in public places.  Their open back design would allow too much outside noise in, plus being open back everyone would also hear what you were listening to!  You may be better off using that $200 and getting som IEM's for outside the house.

I agree here, if you can stand IEMs, do them for outdoors/transit listening. 200 will buy you very big IEM sound, way better money spent than on an amp.

 

I'd be tempted to check out the fidelio IEMs :3


Edited by NinjaQuick - 1/23/14 at 3:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1