Any point in getting these if I already own the Sony MA900?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 235post #3511 of 58581/22/14 at 3:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3512 of 58581/22/14 at 3:09ampost #3513 of 58581/22/14 at 3:15ampost #3514 of 58581/22/14 at 3:59amAt $250 these are a great deal, at $150 these are a no-brainer. If you don't own a pair of these, there is no excuse not to pick them up now. The X1s are some of the best headphones I've heard at any price range.post #3515 of 58581/22/14 at 4:21am
Got an email from Phillips as well confirming that the warranty is valid in the UK even if I buy from America, just need to keep hold of the receipt.
Got confirmation from Astro Gaming support that I can buy the PS3 chat cable for £7.99 so as soon as V-MODA BoomPro Mic shows up I'll be good to go Though a bit annoyed as could of saved myself a bit more and bought the BoomPro Mic from amazon and got everything together on Friday! Still can't complain!
Edited by JazzG - 1/22/14 at 4:33ampost #3516 of 58581/22/14 at 4:22ampost #3517 of 58581/22/14 at 4:24am
How are these supposed to sound with classic? I know they are supposed to be for bassheads and that is completely fine with me. EDM/Dubstep/etc. is one of my more listened-to genres, but I really like a little bit of everything. That kind of pulls me to an all-arounder.
Specifically, how would they compare to something like the HD518/HD558? An objective improvement?post #3518 of 58581/22/14 at 4:44ampost #3519 of 58581/22/14 at 4:55amQuote:Originally Posted by shiorisekine
50% off today only. I wish I could get one.
Ordered mine!post #3520 of 58581/22/14 at 5:27ampost #3521 of 58581/22/14 at 5:38ampost #3522 of 58581/22/14 at 6:00amQuote:
I saw the Amazon deal this morning as well and thought, "Well, crap." I thought out my battle plan: set up a return for the pair I received yesterday and purchase another pair - a hassle, I know - or maybe buy another pair for posterity. I saw your post above Grandagony and contacted Amazon. They refunded $100 and all is right with the world!Quote:
^This. Like I said, I received my pair yesterday and was only able to listen for a couple of hours, but they are that good. If anyone is on the fence about the X1s today is the day to pull the trigger.post #3523 of 58581/22/14 at 6:01ampost #3524 of 58581/22/14 at 6:18amQuote:
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › SennGrado Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 10 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 11 minutes ago
- › Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 14 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear