or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 229

post #3421 of 5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post

One thing I'm not liking (minor annoyance at this point) is when I'm walking around, the movement does introduce some noise into the cups. I understand, these are not for walking, but I do occasionally, especially with a long cord.

 



are you talking about noise from the cable rubbing against you? Have you tried another cable?
post #3422 of 5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post

One thing I'm not liking (minor annoyance at this point) is when I'm walking around, the movement does introduce some noise into the cups. I understand, these are not for walking, but I do occasionally, especially with a long cord.

 



are you talking about noise from the cable rubbing against you? Have you tried another cable?

No, not the microphonics from the cable. It seems to be coming from the head assembly. Even with the cable unplugged, if I lean my head back and forth, I get the "creaking" sound.
post #3423 of 5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post



No, not the microphonics from the cable. It seems to be coming from the head assembly. Even with the cable unplugged, if I lean my head back and forth, I get the "creaking" sound.

 



ahhh, yes you are right, i never noticed until now.

maybe a little bit of lubricant???
post #3424 of 5840
I wouldn't even know where to lubricate - I assume by the two screws holding the cups themselves. Of course, I don't typically move that much when listening, so I can probably live with it for now.
post #3425 of 5840
I think he means the hammock elastic section as it jostles about when walking, really I've not found it an issue and I don't walk like a duck for it to be an issue though I guess tongue.gif
post #3426 of 5840
I've noticed the creaking too - nothing to be done that I can tell.
post #3427 of 5840
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


No, not the microphonics from the cable. It seems to be coming from the head assembly. Even with the cable unplugged, if I lean my head back and forth, I get the "creaking" sound.
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post

I wouldn't even know where to lubricate - I assume by the two screws holding the cups themselves. Of course, I don't typically move that much when listening, so I can probably live with it for now.
Originally Posted by mrk View Post

I think he means the hammock elastic section as it jostles about when walking, really I've not found it an issue and I don't walk like a duck for it to be an issue though I guess tongue.gif
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

I've noticed the creaking too - nothing to be done that I can tell.

This issue is pretty normal for the headphones that use the suspension method the X1s use. It is a downside to the system, with the upside being comfort.
 

post #3428 of 5840

Mine's don't creak happily. Any way you could blast some WD40 (using the straw) up into the hammock? If not, I'm sure it'll go away after a time.

post #3429 of 5840

I've been listening to music and gaming for two days now and I'm impressed. It's true that these are a step above the Sony MA900. Music sounds a bit better, with great clarity, nice sound stage and a very nice bass response which is what I wanted from the MA900's. I used my Creative ZXR sound card to power these bad boys.

 

On my PS4, I played a couple of rounds of COD: Ghost. Wow! Great clarity, explosions hit very well with no distortion even with the bass level at max on my TB DSS. The sound stage is amazing and very effective! I just went 25-5 in TDM which I'm pretty sure is the best score I've gotten by far. I feel bad for the folks that aren't playing with a setup similar to mine. They had no chance!

 

If the X1's had the same weight of the Sony MA-900's, a little more height adjustment for those bigger heads out there and the ear pads were replaceable, the X1 would be the best headphones ever made for gaming. Another great addition would be a tuck away mic like the Polk Audio 4shot headset. Someone tell the folks in charge @ Philips to get on it! They would make a killing!

post #3430 of 5840

@Daddy.. Mine took at least a week of evening playing to loosen up. Things may well get better for you. They are good for FPS on the PC..... you can easily dial down the bass enough with a bit of deft EQ'ing = the mids become a bit more apparent.

 

Nice to see the ZxR playing very well with them. I thought long and hard about getting that card, but in the end elected to go with the Z + external DAC/Amp which I don't regret. Won't be much of a difference really between them, given the law of diminishing returns.

post #3431 of 5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post
 

@Daddy.. Mine took at least a week of evening playing to loosen up. Things may well get better for you. They are good for FPS on the PC..... you can easily dial down the bass enough with a bit of deft EQ'ing = the mids become a bit more apparent.

 

Nice to see the ZxR playing very well with them. I thought long and hard about getting that card, but in the end elected to go with the Z + external DAC/Amp which I don't regret. Won't be much of a difference really between them, given the law of diminishing returns.

If the sound does get better, I look forward to it. The ZXR seems to be pushing it well. I don't go past 60 percent on the volume knob since I don't want to damage my ears and it's plenty loud enough.

 

I'm going to play some BF4 on my PC tonight as well as some other titles. For now, I'm checking out a bunch of different songs and loving every minute.

post #3432 of 5840
I've only had mine a few days and I can't stop listening to them (just through the Dragonfly and my Dell laptop w/ flacs/aiffs). Got the HP50s today and I might have gotten spoiled by the X1s open backs. The HP50s sound veiled at the moment, though they need some burn in time.
post #3433 of 5840
So, every day in the morning and at night I clean my face and then apply a cream or oil to keep my skin moisturized. Won't the ear pads pretty much go to hell within a year or two? How am I supposed to clean them if I can't take them off or even replace them? I'll have to send them out to Philips whenever they need to be replaced. Either I'm being paranoid or Philips messed up big time. Thoughts?
post #3434 of 5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

So, every day in the morning and at night I clean my face and then apply a cream or oil to keep my skin moisturized. Won't the ear pads pretty much go to hell within a year or two? How am I supposed to clean them if I can't take them off or even replace them? I'll have to send them out to Philips whenever they need to be replaced. Either I'm being paranoid or Philips messed up big time. Thoughts?

 

This is pretty much the only reason I don't already own a pair. Seems like an incredible headphone for the price and otherwise. From my experience velour pads(Beyer for example) do last for a long time, but at some point they become greasy/dusty and slightly unpleasant to use because of that. If you've ever touched old pillow covers you know what I mean.

post #3435 of 5840
For those worried about the pads. How many of you have actually owned the same headphone for more than 5 years? I imagine on head-fi the turnover rate must be pretty high and most people are continuously flipping headphones. I'd be curious to know on average how long people hold on to a pair of headphones. My guess is well under 5 years in which case the pads should be fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1