Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 23

post #331 of 5145

Where I can buy the X1 in the US??
 

post #332 of 5145
That is something a lot of us are waiting for.
post #333 of 5145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Where I can buy the X1 in the US??

 

Last I heard, somebody said that the release date for these in Australia was early 2013. Apparently Philip's has announced squat about the US.

post #334 of 5145
If it's anything like the L1, slim pickings.

I guess if we trust someone enough in the UK to buy it for us, it's possible.
post #335 of 5145
I was skeptical about using a forwarding service until I found Skypax on eBay with a 900+ 100% rating. Their service was excellent.
post #336 of 5145

Nice! well I have to wait then. BTW I already have the Fidelio L1 and I really love it, compared to the L1,does the X1 have better sound quality overall for home use? It needs an amp or it is easy to drive??? thanks for the help!!


Edited by Towwers - 10/16/12 at 2:12pm
post #337 of 5145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Nice! well I have to wait then. BTW I already have the Fidelio L1 and I really love it, compared to the L1,does the X1 have better sound quality overall for home use? It needs an amp or it is easy to drive??? thanks for the help!!

 

It shouldn't be very hard to drive. I've driven less sensitive headphones out of a portable player.

post #338 of 5145

The X1 is a significant step up in SQ from the L1. I did not keep the L1, but cannot see myself getting rid of the X1.

post #339 of 5145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Nice! well I have to wait then. BTW I already have the Fidelio L1 and I really love it, compared to the L1,does the X1 have better sound quality overall for home use? It needs an amp or it is easy to drive??? thanks for the help!!

 

Yes, the X1 is larger and better overall (but not portable). I didn't try it with the E17, but it should be no problem. But you will probably have to use +12 gain. At my speaker amp it's as silent as the Beyer 880 at 600 ohms.

post #340 of 5145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Nice! well I have to wait then. BTW I already have the Fidelio L1 and I really love it, compared to the L1,does the X1 have better sound quality overall for home use? It needs an amp or it is easy to drive??? thanks for the help!!

I also like the L1 and still have it.  The X1 is livelier, cleaner, more detailed sounding.  Still has that strong bass but it's not as soft as the L1 as I hear it.  

 

I live in the US and couldn't wait for them to be released here so I grabbed mine from AccessoryJack.  Price is $419.99 plus shipping though.  

post #341 of 5145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I also like the L1 and still have it.  The X1 is livelier, cleaner, more detailed sounding.  Still has that strong bass but it's not as soft as the L1 as I hear it.  

 

I live in the US and couldn't wait for them to be released here so I grabbed mine from AccessoryJack.  Price is $419.99 plus shipping though.  


That's great, how is the comfort? is as good as the L1?? I really think Phillips is making a great job creating these headphones. Excellent quality construction materials, great comfort and the sound quality is amazing, even so the L1 is on the warm side, and  kinda bassy I really like the overall quality. I was very impressed.

post #342 of 5145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post


That's great, how is the comfort? is as good as the L1?? I really think Phillips is making a great job creating these headphones. Excellent quality construction materials, great comfort and the sound quality is amazing, even so the L1 is on the warm side, and  kinda bassy I really like the overall quality. I was very impressed.

Comfort is fantastic.  The velvety pads are extra comfortable.  It's very light for such a big looking headphone also.  It really doesn't feel any heavier than the L1.  Clamping force is less than the L1.  Of course, great build.  Looks like a bigger version of the L1.  It's one of the best looking headphones I've seen.  

post #343 of 5145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Comfort is fantastic.  The velvety pads are extra comfortable.  It's very light for such a big looking headphone also.  It really doesn't feel any heavier than the L1.  Clamping force is less than the L1.  Of course, great build.  Looks like a bigger version of the L1.  It's one of the best looking headphones I've seen.  

Fantastic! that's all I wanted to know! I will order it from accessoryjack.com very soon, thanks.

post #344 of 5145

Mine are for sale since i'm going for the new AD2000x. If anyone from the US want's to buy it see the sale section. Including shipping it will be around 330-350 US$.

post #345 of 5145
!!!!!!!


Man... I want it.... I do. >@_@

Just.... the headband size...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1