Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 202

post #3016 of 4926
Chico - your X1 review made the head-fi front page, congrats!
post #3017 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Chico - your X1 review made the head-fi front page, congrats!

 

LOL

 

Thanks! 

 

I literally just copied the review from my original thread over to the X1's review page, but I'll take it.

post #3018 of 4926
Ha I noticed that, but doesn't matter, this way a lot more people will read it ( and fall under your influence evil_smiley.gif )
post #3019 of 4926

Definitely hope Philips makes an X2 within a year or so.

Or whoever bought Philip's audio division. Would be a shame to not continue this line.

post #3020 of 4926

As I was reading through this thread, I got an an email from Sonic Electronix with a 20% off code. There was one X1 left in stock.I ended up buying them for $239. Hoping I didn't pay to much, but still very happy I decided get them. I already commented on your review chicolom, but I wanted to again thank you for your very in-depth review. it was at least in part the reason I stopped dithering and took the plunge.

post #3021 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post

As I was reading through this thread, I got an an email from Sonic Electronix with a 20% off code. There was one X1 left in stock.I ended up buying them for $239. Hoping I didn't pay to much, but still very happy I decided get them. I already commented on your review chicolom, but I wanted to again thank you for your very in-depth review. it was at least in part the reason I stopped dithering and took the plunge.
Helo!
post #3022 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post
 

As I was reading through this thread, I got an an email from Sonic Electronix with a 20% off code. There was one X1 left in stock.I ended up buying them for $239. Hoping I didn't pay to much, but still very happy I decided get them. I already commented on your review chicolom, but I wanted to again thank you for your very in-depth review. it was at least in part the reason I stopped dithering and took the plunge.

 

That's an excellent price.

post #3023 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post
 

As I was reading through this thread, I got an an email from Sonic Electronix with a 20% off code. There was one X1 left in stock.I ended up buying them for $239. Hoping I didn't pay to much, but still very happy I decided get them. I already commented on your review chicolom, but I wanted to again thank you for your very in-depth review. it was at least in part the reason I stopped dithering and took the plunge.

 

+1, posted this on the deals thread earlier, glad a head-fier picked them up!

post #3024 of 4926

Got these from Amazon UK (Currently going for £148). I thought that was it when I bought the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250OHM - the whole diminishing returns talk, but I kept hearing such good things about these cans and I got really curious. Once I saw them at that price I couldn't help but make the purchase.

Let's get this out of the way: I'm a basshead. I'm not an audiophile and I could care less about neutrality. I want bass and I want to feel it. As a point of reference, I have an XB700. I'm eager to add the XB1000 to the growing brood but I digress.

I was pleasantly surprised by the DT990 (Only had it for 2 months) but I don't have an amp and it tends to be a little tinny. To my ears, the treble is a little too harsh and I only tolerated it because it sounded spacious, detailed and most importantly, very bassy. Perhaps having an amp would improve it.. I don't know. My laptop certainly made it more than loud enough but I'm told an amp does more than increase the volume.

Anyway my Fidelio is a revelation. I'm incredibly pleased. I get lots of bass with dare I say it, lots of impact. I can feel it more than I do in the DT990. Vocals sounded a little distant on it but not this one and the bass is simply lush. There is lots and lots and lots of it. It won't beat the XB700 (that has more bass than any of the Dr Dre beats line) but as a basshead I can confidently say this; you won't find yourself wishing it had more. 

It's comfortable too. The DT990 clamped quite a lot but this doesn't. I'd prefer DT990-like velour as that felt heavenly on the skin. 

It's difficult to definitively say if the X1 is better than the DT990 PRO is every regard because I don't think I ever drove the DT990 PRO properly. And even then it sounded rather good save for that harsh treble. The X1 is driven straight from my laptop and my Galaxy Note 3 and it sounds fantastic. My next purchase will be a desktop amp so I can extract every last bit of performance out of them. 

 

post #3025 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippie View Post
 

 

+1, posted this on the deals thread earlier, glad a head-fier picked them up!

 

Been eyeing them for a few weeks now. $300 was just a bit to far out of my budget though. So I was 99% on the verge of picking up the Beyer DT-770s  Glad I waited :) These are a blind buy for me, so hopefully they will work out comfort wise. Question for you (or anyone else here in the know) is the sound from the stock cable really that bad? Or is it just the subjective perception of some? if it really does hamper the music experience, Could you recommend a good relatively cheap replacement cable for it? Thanks!


Edited by KarlAgathon - 10/26/13 at 3:45pm
post #3026 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post

Been eyeing them for a few weeks now. $300 was just a bit to far out of my budget though. So I was 99% on the verge of picking up the Beyer DT-770s  Glad I waited smily_headphones1.gif These are a blind buy for me, so hopefully they will work out comfort wise. Question for you (or anyone else here in the know) is the sound from the stock cable really that bad? Or is it just the subjective perception of some? if it really does hamper the music experience, Could you recommend a good relatively cheap replacement cable for it? Thanks!

Cable - V-Moda audio only for $17. Worth it.

Comfort - maybe the most comfortable headphones I've tried.
post #3027 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Cable - V-Moda audio only for $17. Worth it.

Comfort - maybe the most comfortable headphones I've tried.

 

Hi, thanks for responding. is this the cable you were referring to? or something else? http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

post #3028 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post
 

 

Hi, thanks for responding. is this the cable you were referring to? or something else? http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

 

That's the one. It's an excellent cable.

post #3029 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

That's the one. It's an excellent cable.

 

Thanks! Looking for something about 10ft long or so though. is there a longer one you could also recommend? Ive seen a few on Amazon, but I figured it would be worth a shot asking here about it before finally picking one up.

post #3030 of 4926
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post
 

 

Thanks! Looking for something about 10ft long or so though. is there a longer one you could also recommend? Ive seen a few on Amazon, but I figured it would be worth a shot asking here about it before finally picking one up.

 

I'd have to have someone else answer then. My only experience with 10' cables were either proprietary or non-removable. I don't know of any quality 10' removable cables that are 3.5 to 3.5 because I've never looked.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1