...maybe even go one step further and see what happens if they wire those drivers for balanced input...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 586210/15/13 at 1:52ampost #2988 of 586210/15/13 at 2:59am
Will probable be quite expensive small the small number of potential buyers with the amps for it. But the Fidelio label has gotten a good start, so it would be interesting to see what happens if it stays around.post #2989 of 586210/15/13 at 4:27amI've just got a chance To listen to x1 it's so different with what I'm used to in a good way. It's so warm and engulfing. The instrument separation it's there and the sound stage is wide but they are not apart. There is no holes in the soundstage both horizontally and vertically. Simply impressive.post #2990 of 586210/15/13 at 11:42pm
This is probably one of those weird subjective audiophile things...
So far I've listened to the phones sitting down comfortably, at most taking a few steps from the desk chair to the sofa in the same room. But... last night something happened when I remained standing. I felt something about the sound of these phones that just made so much sense when standing in the middle of the room. I just remained like that, walking around a little, listening to the last half of Patti Smith's Gone Again on my feet.
And "Fireflies" sounds so wonderfully amazing with these phones. It, and the rest of the album, needs a little warmth in my opinion.post #2991 of 586210/17/13 at 5:17ampost #2992 of 586210/17/13 at 6:31ampost #2993 of 586210/17/13 at 6:42ampost #2994 of 586210/17/13 at 11:05pmhi guys ! i just recieved my X1 and im very happy with them . Also bought one replacement cable for the stock one . The cable is Cordial CFS and the manufacturer says that his resistance is <=80 mohm/m . How can i interpret (convert) these ? 1.8ohms of the stock cable is /m ? /km ? What is my true cable resistance? Help me pls!post #2995 of 586210/18/13 at 12:34am
In whole Ohms that would be about 0.6 per meter for the stock cable and 0.08 for the Cordial. But... as far as I know the stock cable measurements are for the whole cable, with plugs and joints adding to the total – so the only real way to compare would be to whip out the multimeter and work out the resistances from pin to pin.post #2996 of 586210/18/13 at 8:41amyep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !post #2997 of 586210/18/13 at 10:24am
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.post #2998 of 586210/18/13 at 10:49ampost #2999 of 586210/18/13 at 11:21amQuote:
They are very cheap but look quality. How is the cable - not too stiff?post #3000 of 586210/19/13 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Meh
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.
I think the packaging is quite nice, and looks secure enough with the molded tray and the foam blocks in the lid to keep everything in place. I also think the leather quality feels like something that needs some serious (ab)use to get scuffed, so I also recommend asking for a replacement. Either you got a lemon, or someone tried to sell you phones that had been returned already.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 17 seconds ago
- › Desktop Amp Recom. for LCD-3 and Amiron Home Headphones 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear