...maybe even go one step further and see what happens if they wire those drivers for balanced input...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 565610/15/13 at 1:52ampost #2988 of 565610/15/13 at 2:59am
Will probable be quite expensive small the small number of potential buyers with the amps for it. But the Fidelio label has gotten a good start, so it would be interesting to see what happens if it stays around.post #2989 of 565610/15/13 at 4:27amI've just got a chance To listen to x1 it's so different with what I'm used to in a good way. It's so warm and engulfing. The instrument separation it's there and the sound stage is wide but they are not apart. There is no holes in the soundstage both horizontally and vertically. Simply impressive.post #2990 of 565610/15/13 at 11:42pm
This is probably one of those weird subjective audiophile things...
So far I've listened to the phones sitting down comfortably, at most taking a few steps from the desk chair to the sofa in the same room. But... last night something happened when I remained standing. I felt something about the sound of these phones that just made so much sense when standing in the middle of the room. I just remained like that, walking around a little, listening to the last half of Patti Smith's Gone Again on my feet.
And "Fireflies" sounds so wonderfully amazing with these phones. It, and the rest of the album, needs a little warmth in my opinion.post #2991 of 565610/17/13 at 5:17ampost #2992 of 565610/17/13 at 6:31ampost #2993 of 565610/17/13 at 6:42ampost #2994 of 565610/17/13 at 11:05pmhi guys ! i just recieved my X1 and im very happy with them . Also bought one replacement cable for the stock one . The cable is Cordial CFS and the manufacturer says that his resistance is <=80 mohm/m . How can i interpret (convert) these ? 1.8ohms of the stock cable is /m ? /km ? What is my true cable resistance? Help me pls!post #2995 of 565610/18/13 at 12:34am
In whole Ohms that would be about 0.6 per meter for the stock cable and 0.08 for the Cordial. But... as far as I know the stock cable measurements are for the whole cable, with plugs and joints adding to the total – so the only real way to compare would be to whip out the multimeter and work out the resistances from pin to pin.post #2996 of 565610/18/13 at 8:41amyep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !post #2997 of 565610/18/13 at 10:24am
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.post #2998 of 565610/18/13 at 10:49ampost #2999 of 565610/18/13 at 11:21amQuote:
They are very cheap but look quality. How is the cable - not too stiff?post #3000 of 565610/19/13 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Meh
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.
I think the packaging is quite nice, and looks secure enough with the molded tray and the foam blocks in the lid to keep everything in place. I also think the leather quality feels like something that needs some serious (ab)use to get scuffed, so I also recommend asking for a replacement. Either you got a lemon, or someone tried to sell you phones that had been returned already.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 12 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 38 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 10 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 12 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3