...maybe even go one step further and see what happens if they wire those drivers for balanced input...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 546610/15/13 at 1:52ampost #2988 of 546610/15/13 at 2:59am
Will probable be quite expensive small the small number of potential buyers with the amps for it. But the Fidelio label has gotten a good start, so it would be interesting to see what happens if it stays around.post #2989 of 546610/15/13 at 4:27amI've just got a chance To listen to x1 it's so different with what I'm used to in a good way. It's so warm and engulfing. The instrument separation it's there and the sound stage is wide but they are not apart. There is no holes in the soundstage both horizontally and vertically. Simply impressive.post #2990 of 546610/15/13 at 11:42pm
This is probably one of those weird subjective audiophile things...
So far I've listened to the phones sitting down comfortably, at most taking a few steps from the desk chair to the sofa in the same room. But... last night something happened when I remained standing. I felt something about the sound of these phones that just made so much sense when standing in the middle of the room. I just remained like that, walking around a little, listening to the last half of Patti Smith's Gone Again on my feet.
And "Fireflies" sounds so wonderfully amazing with these phones. It, and the rest of the album, needs a little warmth in my opinion.post #2991 of 546610/17/13 at 5:17ampost #2992 of 546610/17/13 at 6:31ampost #2993 of 546610/17/13 at 6:42ampost #2994 of 546610/17/13 at 11:05pmhi guys ! i just recieved my X1 and im very happy with them . Also bought one replacement cable for the stock one . The cable is Cordial CFS and the manufacturer says that his resistance is <=80 mohm/m . How can i interpret (convert) these ? 1.8ohms of the stock cable is /m ? /km ? What is my true cable resistance? Help me pls!post #2995 of 546610/18/13 at 12:34am
In whole Ohms that would be about 0.6 per meter for the stock cable and 0.08 for the Cordial. But... as far as I know the stock cable measurements are for the whole cable, with plugs and joints adding to the total – so the only real way to compare would be to whip out the multimeter and work out the resistances from pin to pin.post #2996 of 546610/18/13 at 8:41amyep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !post #2997 of 546610/18/13 at 10:24am
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.post #2998 of 546610/18/13 at 10:49ampost #2999 of 546610/18/13 at 11:21amQuote:
They are very cheap but look quality. How is the cable - not too stiff?post #3000 of 546610/19/13 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Meh
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.
I think the packaging is quite nice, and looks secure enough with the molded tray and the foam blocks in the lid to keep everything in place. I also think the leather quality feels like something that needs some serious (ab)use to get scuffed, so I also recommend asking for a replacement. Either you got a lemon, or someone tried to sell you phones that had been returned already.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SRH750DJ headphones appreciation thread. 5 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 33 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 48 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 53 seconds ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 54 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › WTB: JH Audio Angie 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2