...maybe even go one step further and see what happens if they wire those drivers for balanced input...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 582010/15/13 at 1:52ampost #2988 of 582010/15/13 at 2:59am
Will probable be quite expensive small the small number of potential buyers with the amps for it. But the Fidelio label has gotten a good start, so it would be interesting to see what happens if it stays around.post #2989 of 582010/15/13 at 4:27amI've just got a chance To listen to x1 it's so different with what I'm used to in a good way. It's so warm and engulfing. The instrument separation it's there and the sound stage is wide but they are not apart. There is no holes in the soundstage both horizontally and vertically. Simply impressive.post #2990 of 582010/15/13 at 11:42pm
This is probably one of those weird subjective audiophile things...
So far I've listened to the phones sitting down comfortably, at most taking a few steps from the desk chair to the sofa in the same room. But... last night something happened when I remained standing. I felt something about the sound of these phones that just made so much sense when standing in the middle of the room. I just remained like that, walking around a little, listening to the last half of Patti Smith's Gone Again on my feet.
And "Fireflies" sounds so wonderfully amazing with these phones. It, and the rest of the album, needs a little warmth in my opinion.post #2991 of 582010/17/13 at 5:17ampost #2992 of 582010/17/13 at 6:31ampost #2993 of 582010/17/13 at 6:42ampost #2994 of 582010/17/13 at 11:05pmhi guys ! i just recieved my X1 and im very happy with them . Also bought one replacement cable for the stock one . The cable is Cordial CFS and the manufacturer says that his resistance is <=80 mohm/m . How can i interpret (convert) these ? 1.8ohms of the stock cable is /m ? /km ? What is my true cable resistance? Help me pls!post #2995 of 582010/18/13 at 12:34am
In whole Ohms that would be about 0.6 per meter for the stock cable and 0.08 for the Cordial. But... as far as I know the stock cable measurements are for the whole cable, with plugs and joints adding to the total – so the only real way to compare would be to whip out the multimeter and work out the resistances from pin to pin.post #2996 of 582010/18/13 at 8:41amyep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !post #2997 of 582010/18/13 at 10:24am
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.post #2998 of 582010/18/13 at 10:49ampost #2999 of 582010/18/13 at 11:21amQuote:
They are very cheap but look quality. How is the cable - not too stiff?post #3000 of 582010/19/13 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Meh
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.
I think the packaging is quite nice, and looks secure enough with the molded tray and the foam blocks in the lid to keep everything in place. I also think the leather quality feels like something that needs some serious (ab)use to get scuffed, so I also recommend asking for a replacement. Either you got a lemon, or someone tried to sell you phones that had been returned already.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Looking for best computer audio speakers. 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Pico DAC/Amp now on Massdrop! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear