Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 170

post #2536 of 4345

What's your musical preferences Salvatore? I believe your observations need that context to be complete.

post #2537 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWsidom View Post

What's your musical preferences Salvatore? I believe your observations need that context to be complete.

 

 

Oldies, blues, funk and stuff like that. I also listen hip hop and for that the X1 are great engaging cans.

post #2538 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxevo View Post

Hi all,

I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below

PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1

What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming

can't wait to read it

post #2539 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxevo View Post

Hi all,

I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below

PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1

What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming
For music, the best sound will be out of the third socket, line out, and choose stereo direct in the Z panel (this will disable all DSP and bipass the soundcore chip). Don't use the Z controller unit for your tests as it's been known to lower the SQ. The ZxR has better components than the E17, I'm interested to know if you hear a difference between it and using the E17 as a DAC.
post #2540 of 4345

Because I know how much you all care, I just wanted to state for the record how much I am enjoying the X1's. Firstly, they are so comfortable that I can wear them seemingly forever without even noticing them. Very nice. And they sound so wonderful (fun, engaging, non-fatiguing) that I rarely feel the need or impulse to switch over to something else and instead I find myself simply enjoying the music  with a big grin on my face. Very nice again! That is the end of my public service announcement lol.

atsmile.gif

post #2541 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Because I know how much you all care, I just wanted to state for the record how much I am enjoying the X1's. Firstly, they are so comfortable that I can wear them seemingly forever without even noticing them. Very nice. And they sound so wonderful (fun, engaging, non-fatiguing) that I rarely feel the need or impulse to switch over to something else and instead I find myself simply enjoying the music  with a big grin on my face. Very nice again! That is the end of my public service announcement lol.

atsmile.gif

 

Glad you're enjoying them. I'm going to snatch a pair up when I get back from my holiday's. I've been longing for an exciting sounding open back headphone that doesn't make my ears hurt after 10 minutes.

post #2542 of 4345

@Sound Quest: Beautiful phone at your avatar. Which one is this? How it sounds? 

post #2543 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixlbg View Post

@Sound Quest: Beautiful phone at your avatar. Which one is this? How it sounds? 

 

Thanks. It's the "Aureol Real" by "Teufel". It can sound pretty good, but need's a little EQing. I find there's a bit too much emphasis around the 1000hz region causing noticable sibilance on the vocals, but an equalizer can help smooth it out.

 

It's not a bad open-back headphone for the money, but there's probably better to be had for a little more. They look quite nice, but feel a little fragile and plasticy. But I've had mines for just over a month and they still look like i've just taken them out the box, so they're surviving the elements so far. :)

post #2544 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Quest View Post

Thanks. It's the "Aureol Real" by "Teufel". It can sound pretty good, but need's a little EQing. I find there's a bit too much emphasis around the 1000hz region causing noticable sibilance on the vocals, but an equalizer can help smooth it out.

It's not a bad open-back headphone for the money, but there's probably better to be had for a little more. They look quite nice, but feel a little fragile and plasticy. But I've had mines for just over a month and they still look like i've just taken them out the box, so they're surviving the elements so far. smily_headphones1.gif
You shouldn't be getting sibilance at 1kHz
post #2545 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


You shouldn't be getting sibilance at 1kHz

 

I didn't think it was possible either. But after looking at a frequency graph and seeing an odd peek in the 1khz range (the highest peak on the graph), I reduced it on an equalizer and the sibilance greatly diminished.

post #2546 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Quest View Post

 

Thanks. It's the "Aureol Real" by "Teufel". It can sound pretty good, but need's a little EQing. I find there's a bit too much emphasis around the 1000hz region causing noticable sibilance on the vocals, but an equalizer can help smooth it out.

 

It's not a bad open-back headphone for the money, but there's probably better to be had for a little more. They look quite nice, but feel a little fragile and plasticy. But I've had mines for just over a month and they still look like i've just taken them out the box, so they're surviving the elements so far. :)

Thank you very much, Sound Quest. For €100, maybe it is worth a listening. Its brother, "Aureol Massive" also looks good and is even cheaper (€70). Who knows... 

post #2547 of 4345

New release from Philips: SHP9500

 

 

 

According to head-fier sorieno, pricing will be similar to the L1 (around 150€).

 

Beautiful design. Philips is really improving their headphone line-up in each new release, I hope Funai keeps up the pace.

 

http://www.philips.nl/c/hoofdtelefoon/voor-over-het-oor-zwart-shp9500_00/prd/nl/;jsessionid=EDF5981D65B8F1769BE1F8B94C7763BB.app121-drp1

post #2548 of 4345

That is one cool looking headphone!

post #2549 of 4345
But it looks almost the same as the X1....i mean come on,a little different would be better.Not that it's not a beauty but too much of a look-a-like......
post #2550 of 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixlbg View Post

New release from Philips: SHP9500

 

According to head-fier sorieno, pricing will be similar to the L1 (around 150€).

 

104 € on Amazon.it! :D

 

 

I think I might look a bit silly with these giant letters on my ears, anyway the headphone design is simply stunning! Probably I'm going to pre-order one...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1