By stretching it out carefully through pulling it a little bit. More cloth against my ear now than before. Oh well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 169post #2521 of 57478/23/13 at 7:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 57478/23/13 at 7:58ampost #2523 of 57478/23/13 at 7:59ampost #2524 of 57478/23/13 at 2:19pmpost #2525 of 57478/24/13 at 12:32amQuote:
I do. Haven't done much tube rolling with the X1 because I don't really use X1 for music. K702 anniversaries are more balanced and do almost everything so much better. I found the X1 bass to be over emphasized (even boomy at times) and the mids are not as refined and clear as with anniversaries. This being said they pair wonderfully with my audiolab 8200cdq in the living room setting. Very fun headphones to watch movies and play PS3. I can also keep the same volume levels with both X1 and my active speakers (anniversaries play so much quieter and I had to constantly play with the volume). To answer your question X1 does work well with T1 but you just need to find the right tubes I guess. I think the easier, cheaper and better option would be to get E17 or equivalent. I'm really not into EQing things, but I wouldn't mind adding a db or two to the treble of the X1.post #2526 of 57478/24/13 at 5:14ampost #2527 of 57478/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Apparently you haven't listened to any planar magnetic HPs . Though I haven't listened to the Annie's, I tend to agree with Salvatore. The X1's bass is huge, no doubt, as if getting hit by a truck, but that doesn't come without being bloated and they are certainly far from neutral. That being said though, they are incredibly fun to listen topost #2528 of 57478/24/13 at 9:13amQuote:
I don't know about the T1, but with the Project Starlight the sound is wonderful. I have an Electro Harmonix 6922 in it and seems to have tamed some of the bass bloat they mention above.post #2529 of 57478/25/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Yeah that's how it is. I attended many hifi shows and did a lot of recearch to find the anniversaries. I'm impressed how they perform for the price. The same can be said about X1, but I only prefer them with games, movies and hiphop. Again personal opinions, but I think the X1 bass is definitely not perfect. Don't get me wrong I have use for both headphones, but I just find the anniversaries to be more refined and balanced for the music I listen. Whenever something is too emphasized it can get fatiguing. This is true with X70X AKG treble as well as X1 bass. For how much I listen music I prefer balance.post #2530 of 57478/25/13 at 3:33amAgreed with everytjing you said. There are times when the X1 has too much bass for some music. The Annie is a lot more general and all purpose. But sometimes, the X1 adds enough excitement that the Annie may not.post #2531 of 57478/25/13 at 3:36ampost #2532 of 57478/25/13 at 4:08ampost #2533 of 57478/25/13 at 6:55amHi all,
I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1
What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming
Edited by zeroxevo - 8/25/13 at 7:00ampost #2534 of 57478/25/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Then you turn the bass down a little mine is connected to my Denon amp and sometimes it sounds better when i turn it down a bit...:) but on a headphone you don't have that option.....my Fiio e10 doesn't...post #2535 of 57478/25/13 at 11:24amQuote:
Both have strenghts and weaknesses, but yes they do compliment each other.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › FS: Audio Technica w1000Z *Good Condition, Low hours, LIKE NEW* 4 minutes ago
- › FS: 2 month old Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp/Pre! *Good condition. Australian... 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 8 minutes ago
- › The Syllable D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Review... 8 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS 9 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...