By stretching it out carefully through pulling it a little bit. More cloth against my ear now than before. Oh well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 169post #2521 of 58658/23/13 at 7:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 58658/23/13 at 7:58ampost #2523 of 58658/23/13 at 7:59ampost #2524 of 58658/23/13 at 2:19pmpost #2525 of 58658/24/13 at 12:32amQuote:
I do. Haven't done much tube rolling with the X1 because I don't really use X1 for music. K702 anniversaries are more balanced and do almost everything so much better. I found the X1 bass to be over emphasized (even boomy at times) and the mids are not as refined and clear as with anniversaries. This being said they pair wonderfully with my audiolab 8200cdq in the living room setting. Very fun headphones to watch movies and play PS3. I can also keep the same volume levels with both X1 and my active speakers (anniversaries play so much quieter and I had to constantly play with the volume). To answer your question X1 does work well with T1 but you just need to find the right tubes I guess. I think the easier, cheaper and better option would be to get E17 or equivalent. I'm really not into EQing things, but I wouldn't mind adding a db or two to the treble of the X1.post #2526 of 58658/24/13 at 5:14ampost #2527 of 58658/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Apparently you haven't listened to any planar magnetic HPs . Though I haven't listened to the Annie's, I tend to agree with Salvatore. The X1's bass is huge, no doubt, as if getting hit by a truck, but that doesn't come without being bloated and they are certainly far from neutral. That being said though, they are incredibly fun to listen topost #2528 of 58658/24/13 at 9:13amQuote:
I don't know about the T1, but with the Project Starlight the sound is wonderful. I have an Electro Harmonix 6922 in it and seems to have tamed some of the bass bloat they mention above.post #2529 of 58658/25/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Yeah that's how it is. I attended many hifi shows and did a lot of recearch to find the anniversaries. I'm impressed how they perform for the price. The same can be said about X1, but I only prefer them with games, movies and hiphop. Again personal opinions, but I think the X1 bass is definitely not perfect. Don't get me wrong I have use for both headphones, but I just find the anniversaries to be more refined and balanced for the music I listen. Whenever something is too emphasized it can get fatiguing. This is true with X70X AKG treble as well as X1 bass. For how much I listen music I prefer balance.post #2530 of 58658/25/13 at 3:33amAgreed with everytjing you said. There are times when the X1 has too much bass for some music. The Annie is a lot more general and all purpose. But sometimes, the X1 adds enough excitement that the Annie may not.post #2531 of 58658/25/13 at 3:36ampost #2532 of 58658/25/13 at 4:08ampost #2533 of 58658/25/13 at 6:55amHi all,
I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1
What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming
Edited by zeroxevo - 8/25/13 at 7:00ampost #2534 of 58658/25/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Then you turn the bass down a little mine is connected to my Denon amp and sometimes it sounds better when i turn it down a bit...:) but on a headphone you don't have that option.....my Fiio e10 doesn't...post #2535 of 58658/25/13 at 11:24amQuote:
Both have strenghts and weaknesses, but yes they do compliment each other.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MOTU interfaces and asynchronous USB transfer mode 3 minutes ago
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear