By stretching it out carefully through pulling it a little bit. More cloth against my ear now than before. Oh well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 169post #2521 of 57448/23/13 at 7:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 57448/23/13 at 7:58ampost #2523 of 57448/23/13 at 7:59ampost #2524 of 57448/23/13 at 2:19pmpost #2525 of 57448/24/13 at 12:32amQuote:
I do. Haven't done much tube rolling with the X1 because I don't really use X1 for music. K702 anniversaries are more balanced and do almost everything so much better. I found the X1 bass to be over emphasized (even boomy at times) and the mids are not as refined and clear as with anniversaries. This being said they pair wonderfully with my audiolab 8200cdq in the living room setting. Very fun headphones to watch movies and play PS3. I can also keep the same volume levels with both X1 and my active speakers (anniversaries play so much quieter and I had to constantly play with the volume). To answer your question X1 does work well with T1 but you just need to find the right tubes I guess. I think the easier, cheaper and better option would be to get E17 or equivalent. I'm really not into EQing things, but I wouldn't mind adding a db or two to the treble of the X1.post #2526 of 57448/24/13 at 5:14ampost #2527 of 57448/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Apparently you haven't listened to any planar magnetic HPs . Though I haven't listened to the Annie's, I tend to agree with Salvatore. The X1's bass is huge, no doubt, as if getting hit by a truck, but that doesn't come without being bloated and they are certainly far from neutral. That being said though, they are incredibly fun to listen topost #2528 of 57448/24/13 at 9:13amQuote:
I don't know about the T1, but with the Project Starlight the sound is wonderful. I have an Electro Harmonix 6922 in it and seems to have tamed some of the bass bloat they mention above.post #2529 of 57448/25/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Yeah that's how it is. I attended many hifi shows and did a lot of recearch to find the anniversaries. I'm impressed how they perform for the price. The same can be said about X1, but I only prefer them with games, movies and hiphop. Again personal opinions, but I think the X1 bass is definitely not perfect. Don't get me wrong I have use for both headphones, but I just find the anniversaries to be more refined and balanced for the music I listen. Whenever something is too emphasized it can get fatiguing. This is true with X70X AKG treble as well as X1 bass. For how much I listen music I prefer balance.post #2530 of 57448/25/13 at 3:33amAgreed with everytjing you said. There are times when the X1 has too much bass for some music. The Annie is a lot more general and all purpose. But sometimes, the X1 adds enough excitement that the Annie may not.post #2531 of 57448/25/13 at 3:36ampost #2532 of 57448/25/13 at 4:08ampost #2533 of 57448/25/13 at 6:55amHi all,
I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1
What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming
Edited by zeroxevo - 8/25/13 at 7:00ampost #2534 of 57448/25/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Then you turn the bass down a little mine is connected to my Denon amp and sometimes it sounds better when i turn it down a bit...:) but on a headphone you don't have that option.....my Fiio e10 doesn't...post #2535 of 57448/25/13 at 11:24amQuote:
Both have strenghts and weaknesses, but yes they do compliment each other.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 21 seconds ago
- › Q Cable Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 44 seconds ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...