Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 16

post #226 of 4958

We need comparisons to headphones like the HD650 which some people find to have recessed highs.

post #227 of 4958
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF- View Post

We need comparisons to headphones like the HD650 which some people find to have recessed highs.

 

Yup, straight comparisons to other known headphones are much more helpful than reference-less impressions. I'd like to see more of this as well, there hasn't been too much so far.

post #228 of 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by logindetails View Post

ruffra, I hate to disagree with you but I've listened to many genres of music through my X1's over the last few weeks and certainly do not cosider the mids/highs to be in the least bit repressed - are you sure that you do not hve a dodgy cable?

Just say that many aspects of source equipment may influence what anyone hears on their headphones. I noticed that such things as cymbal decay,  string resonances and room effects that I heard quite clearly on HD650's and the Q701 were much less obvious with the stock cables on the X1's.  I am currently listening with a set of jack to jack ipod style cable with adaptor and finding the results a lot better.  The low end sounds remarkable.  I will provide more observations and experience against my other headphone collection once I feel the X1 have had a good run in.

post #229 of 4958
YAY, I have the X1 on my head right now! L3000.gif
Fiio E17 (+2 Bass / +4 Treble), stock cable and some tracks by The Heavy. Just... WOW. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Definitely these cans deliver some quality bass (really liked the bass presence in The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition wink.gif).

Oh, and they are so comfortable! biggrin.gif
Edited by MrScratch - 10/1/12 at 7:31am
post #230 of 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post

YAY, I have the X1 on my head right now! L3000.gif
Fiio E17 (+2 Bass / +4 Treble), stock cable and some tracks by The Heavy. Just... WOW. biggrin.gif
EDIT: Definitely these cans deliver some quality bass (really liked the bass presence in The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition wink.gif).
Oh, and they are so comfortable! biggrin.gif

congrats :)

post #231 of 4958
The first impression is really good. Now I can't wait anymore, I have to buy a pretty decent desktop DAC and a powerful amp to make a REAL comparision with my other hps (I've already realized the X1 would win in an airiness test). biggrin.gif
Edited by MrScratch - 10/1/12 at 10:25am
post #232 of 4958

Just ordered these from the philips uk store using a 35% and 25% discount codes stacked together through topcash making the grand total £121 delivered!!!!!! At this price not really concerned about the earpads being removeable as I was before. Will add to some of the impressions already posted once received...


Edited by communic - 10/1/12 at 1:57pm
post #233 of 4958
That's quite a lot of EQ-ing to make them sound good... not sure if want.
post #234 of 4958
They sound very good even with a flat EQ, that +4 Treble is just there to meet my personal preferences.
I think I'll get a much more pleasant sound with a neutral amp/dac. wink.gif
post #235 of 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by communic View Post

Just ordered these from the philips uk store using a 35% and 25% discount codes stacked together through topcash making the grand total £121 delivered!!!!!! At this price not really concerned about the earpads being removeable as I was before. Will add to some of the impressions already posted once received...

 

  Could you explain in detail how you did this, which codes and all?  Thanks


Edited by lmswjm - 10/1/12 at 7:35pm
post #236 of 4958

Yes, I too would really appreciate it if you could share the codes you used(and how you used them).

I have found a working 30% off code and another 25% that runs out tomorrow(but the code isn't there!), so if you

could help us out it would be rather nice!

 

Hoping we start to get more thoughts and impressions coming along now too.

 

Be well.
 

post #237 of 4958

Bad news. I asked directly Philips Italia and their answer is  that "earpads are not designed to be removed or replaced ".

I really don't understand  a choice like this

post #238 of 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswjm View Post

 

  Could you explain in detail how you did this, which codes and all?  Thanks

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceHane2 View Post

Yes, I too would really appreciate it if you could share the codes you used(and how you used them).

I have found a working 30% off code and another 25% that runs out tomorrow(but the code isn't there!), so if you

could help us out it would be rather nice!

 

Hoping we start to get more thoughts and impressions coming along now too.

 

Be well.
 

 

use this 35% off code first: NJOCT2012 to get price down to £175 then use 25% welcone code: Philips2012 to get price down to £131 inc free shipping. If you go through topcashback or quidco you get a further £10 off to get it down to £121!

 

2 days shipping by UPS from Netherlands as mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballard3 View Post

Bad news. I asked directly Philips Italia and their answer is  that "earpads are not designed to be removed or replaced ".

I really don't understand  a choice like this

 

That is not good news and a simply incomprehensible decision to make on a headphone that has an RRP of £270! I had an opportunity not so long ago to buy them for £199 but I felt even that was too expensive a price to pay for the earpads most likely not being readily replaceable. Luckily a monster deal came on these that made the burden of them not being replaceable much easier to digest.

 

Seems quite bizarre though to have a removeable cable but not earpads...maybe the 'memory foam' pads have the durability of a tank. Atleast, that's what I'm hoping for!

post #239 of 4958

Before I comment on sound...

 

Large-headed beware! These might be too small for you. rolleyes.gif I have to push them as far down as possible and it's not that comfortable anymore.

 

A clear design fault IMO, especially since they are intended for home and not portable usage. Just a few cm more of headband could probably cater to many more people.

 

So that you don't have to guess, I measured my head from bottom of ear(lobes) going around top of my head: 45 cm. I know I'm not the biggest since many people use longer Audeze posts. biggrin.gif

 

Pad diameter is about 5x6cm inner, 11x11cm outer.

post #240 of 4958
Any comparison to the hd650 or the he-400 or the Denon-2000/5000 yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1