Its funny how different graphs from different websites of the same headphones look almost completely different depending on the way they are presented and the way they are normalised....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 129post #1921 of 53587/5/13 at 9:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 53587/5/13 at 9:26amQuote:Indeed. The question is further complicated when you consider sample variation.
Speaking of that, I wonder how susceptible the Fidelio is to sample variation. I haven't exactly had significant (or any) experience with Philips headphones before the X1 to know how tight their QC is.post #1923 of 53587/5/13 at 11:15pmI had two X1s side by side, and they sounded exactly the same. I had to make sure I looked at the headband to make sure which one just arrived, since it wasn't as bent as the last one.post #1924 of 53587/7/13 at 5:09am
Phillips are sending me new headphones, without me having to send back the pair I have, I mean they are still perfect on the lower sound levels.
I am really pleased with the customer service. :)post #1925 of 53587/7/13 at 7:54ampost #1926 of 53587/7/13 at 8:01ampost #1927 of 53587/7/13 at 1:05pmpost #1928 of 53587/7/13 at 2:19pmpost #1929 of 53587/7/13 at 5:19pm
Anyone care to try this eq setting? Just try it for a week. I tested it for a short time and it sounds good! It's a foobar setting btw and might need some tweaking in the uppermost treble 14k+post #1930 of 53587/7/13 at 5:30pmpost #1931 of 53587/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm well I prefer all 3 you mention there to the X1....
I was hoping that the X1 would be a headphone I could use for gaming and music as well and sell off some of the other ones I have at the moment. I found the X1 is by no means bad, pretty good infact, but personally I found it a bit "dry" sounding, the treble was a bit artificial. They were very good for gaming though. But I think I would prefer to just have an open pair for gaming and some music and a closed pair for electronic music etc. There does not seem to be an open pair which satisfy me as an all rounder except maybe hifiman HE500 or LCD2 but I cannot afford them.
They are good headphones but what bothered me is the pads, which cannot be replaced and pick up lots of junk on them, so I cannot see them lasting long tbh, also I just don't really like the sound of them that much compared to other headphones I have owned, they are one of the better ones I have tried but I prefer the sound of some others I have owned, for example the 3 you mentioned.post #1932 of 53587/8/13 at 6:52amQuote:
I don't know ue6000 well, but i prefer X1 to the other you mentioned.
(it is useless to ask, everyone will give you an opinion based on his tastes, all the answers are lawful)post #1933 of 53587/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Yes agreed, you may very well like the X1, they are definitely not bad headphones, just don't really suit my tastes.post #1934 of 53587/8/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bizkid
For the X1 owners:
I'm missing mine, it had a uniquely involving sound... I hope the Soundmagic HP200 will have something similar to offer, otherwise i might reconsider getting the X1 again as my open headphone next to the closed HP100.
I am very happy with mine, Christian.post #1935 of 53587/9/13 at 10:02am
Mad lust envy can you answer a question for me please....
I sent back the X1 because I found them a bit "dry" and a little peaky sounding in the treble, as well as slightly unnatural sounding in the treble, they were good headphones but somehow they did not sound that great to my ears, also the pads were an issue for me, anyway....
The K702 65th anniversary.... How do they compare to the the X1 in the treble? Also do the AKG have a "dry" sound like the X1? Also why did you sell the K702 65th?
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 14 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of headphones for gaming 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2