Its funny how different graphs from different websites of the same headphones look almost completely different depending on the way they are presented and the way they are normalised....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 129post #1921 of 58407/5/13 at 9:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 58407/5/13 at 9:26amQuote:Indeed. The question is further complicated when you consider sample variation.
Speaking of that, I wonder how susceptible the Fidelio is to sample variation. I haven't exactly had significant (or any) experience with Philips headphones before the X1 to know how tight their QC is.post #1923 of 58407/5/13 at 11:15pmI had two X1s side by side, and they sounded exactly the same. I had to make sure I looked at the headband to make sure which one just arrived, since it wasn't as bent as the last one.post #1924 of 58407/7/13 at 5:09am
Phillips are sending me new headphones, without me having to send back the pair I have, I mean they are still perfect on the lower sound levels.
I am really pleased with the customer service. :)post #1925 of 58407/7/13 at 7:54ampost #1926 of 58407/7/13 at 8:01ampost #1927 of 58407/7/13 at 1:05pmpost #1928 of 58407/7/13 at 2:19pmpost #1929 of 58407/7/13 at 5:19pm
Anyone care to try this eq setting? Just try it for a week. I tested it for a short time and it sounds good! It's a foobar setting btw and might need some tweaking in the uppermost treble 14k+post #1930 of 58407/7/13 at 5:30pmpost #1931 of 58407/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm well I prefer all 3 you mention there to the X1....
I was hoping that the X1 would be a headphone I could use for gaming and music as well and sell off some of the other ones I have at the moment. I found the X1 is by no means bad, pretty good infact, but personally I found it a bit "dry" sounding, the treble was a bit artificial. They were very good for gaming though. But I think I would prefer to just have an open pair for gaming and some music and a closed pair for electronic music etc. There does not seem to be an open pair which satisfy me as an all rounder except maybe hifiman HE500 or LCD2 but I cannot afford them.
They are good headphones but what bothered me is the pads, which cannot be replaced and pick up lots of junk on them, so I cannot see them lasting long tbh, also I just don't really like the sound of them that much compared to other headphones I have owned, they are one of the better ones I have tried but I prefer the sound of some others I have owned, for example the 3 you mentioned.post #1932 of 58407/8/13 at 6:52amQuote:
I don't know ue6000 well, but i prefer X1 to the other you mentioned.
(it is useless to ask, everyone will give you an opinion based on his tastes, all the answers are lawful)post #1933 of 58407/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Yes agreed, you may very well like the X1, they are definitely not bad headphones, just don't really suit my tastes.post #1934 of 58407/8/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bizkid
For the X1 owners:
I'm missing mine, it had a uniquely involving sound... I hope the Soundmagic HP200 will have something similar to offer, otherwise i might reconsider getting the X1 again as my open headphone next to the closed HP100.
I am very happy with mine, Christian.post #1935 of 58407/9/13 at 10:02am
Mad lust envy can you answer a question for me please....
I sent back the X1 because I found them a bit "dry" and a little peaky sounding in the treble, as well as slightly unnatural sounding in the treble, they were good headphones but somehow they did not sound that great to my ears, also the pads were an issue for me, anyway....
The K702 65th anniversary.... How do they compare to the the X1 in the treble? Also do the AKG have a "dry" sound like the X1? Also why did you sell the K702 65th?
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Upgrade options &Thoughts: higher bit rate vs balanced setup just now
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 43 seconds ago
- › Help/advice needed with connecting AKG k7xx & Philips Fidelio X2's... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Stereo Tube Amp Audio Component Amplifier, Black (116154) 8 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 9 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear