Its funny how different graphs from different websites of the same headphones look almost completely different depending on the way they are presented and the way they are normalised....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 129post #1921 of 50577/5/13 at 9:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 50577/5/13 at 9:26amQuote:Indeed. The question is further complicated when you consider sample variation.
Speaking of that, I wonder how susceptible the Fidelio is to sample variation. I haven't exactly had significant (or any) experience with Philips headphones before the X1 to know how tight their QC is.post #1923 of 50577/5/13 at 11:15pmI had two X1s side by side, and they sounded exactly the same. I had to make sure I looked at the headband to make sure which one just arrived, since it wasn't as bent as the last one.post #1924 of 50577/7/13 at 5:09am
Phillips are sending me new headphones, without me having to send back the pair I have, I mean they are still perfect on the lower sound levels.
I am really pleased with the customer service. :)post #1925 of 50577/7/13 at 7:54ampost #1926 of 50577/7/13 at 8:01ampost #1927 of 50577/7/13 at 1:05pmpost #1928 of 50577/7/13 at 2:19pmpost #1929 of 50577/7/13 at 5:19pm
Anyone care to try this eq setting? Just try it for a week. I tested it for a short time and it sounds good! It's a foobar setting btw and might need some tweaking in the uppermost treble 14k+post #1930 of 50577/7/13 at 5:30pmpost #1931 of 50577/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm well I prefer all 3 you mention there to the X1....
I was hoping that the X1 would be a headphone I could use for gaming and music as well and sell off some of the other ones I have at the moment. I found the X1 is by no means bad, pretty good infact, but personally I found it a bit "dry" sounding, the treble was a bit artificial. They were very good for gaming though. But I think I would prefer to just have an open pair for gaming and some music and a closed pair for electronic music etc. There does not seem to be an open pair which satisfy me as an all rounder except maybe hifiman HE500 or LCD2 but I cannot afford them.
They are good headphones but what bothered me is the pads, which cannot be replaced and pick up lots of junk on them, so I cannot see them lasting long tbh, also I just don't really like the sound of them that much compared to other headphones I have owned, they are one of the better ones I have tried but I prefer the sound of some others I have owned, for example the 3 you mentioned.post #1932 of 50577/8/13 at 6:52amQuote:
I don't know ue6000 well, but i prefer X1 to the other you mentioned.
(it is useless to ask, everyone will give you an opinion based on his tastes, all the answers are lawful)post #1933 of 50577/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Yes agreed, you may very well like the X1, they are definitely not bad headphones, just don't really suit my tastes.post #1934 of 50577/8/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bizkid
For the X1 owners:
I'm missing mine, it had a uniquely involving sound... I hope the Soundmagic HP200 will have something similar to offer, otherwise i might reconsider getting the X1 again as my open headphone next to the closed HP100.
I am very happy with mine, Christian.post #1935 of 50577/9/13 at 10:02am
Mad lust envy can you answer a question for me please....
I sent back the X1 because I found them a bit "dry" and a little peaky sounding in the treble, as well as slightly unnatural sounding in the treble, they were good headphones but somehow they did not sound that great to my ears, also the pads were an issue for me, anyway....
The K702 65th anniversary.... How do they compare to the the X1 in the treble? Also do the AKG have a "dry" sound like the X1? Also why did you sell the K702 65th?
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Toys for Boys 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 (Australia) 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Review: NuForce DAC-80 - replacement for the DAC-100 (same sound,... 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)