Its funny how different graphs from different websites of the same headphones look almost completely different depending on the way they are presented and the way they are normalised....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 129post #1921 of 57447/5/13 at 9:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 57447/5/13 at 9:26amQuote:Indeed. The question is further complicated when you consider sample variation.
Speaking of that, I wonder how susceptible the Fidelio is to sample variation. I haven't exactly had significant (or any) experience with Philips headphones before the X1 to know how tight their QC is.post #1923 of 57447/5/13 at 11:15pmI had two X1s side by side, and they sounded exactly the same. I had to make sure I looked at the headband to make sure which one just arrived, since it wasn't as bent as the last one.post #1924 of 57447/7/13 at 5:09am
Phillips are sending me new headphones, without me having to send back the pair I have, I mean they are still perfect on the lower sound levels.
I am really pleased with the customer service. :)post #1925 of 57447/7/13 at 7:54ampost #1926 of 57447/7/13 at 8:01ampost #1927 of 57447/7/13 at 1:05pmpost #1928 of 57447/7/13 at 2:19pmpost #1929 of 57447/7/13 at 5:19pm
Anyone care to try this eq setting? Just try it for a week. I tested it for a short time and it sounds good! It's a foobar setting btw and might need some tweaking in the uppermost treble 14k+post #1930 of 57447/7/13 at 5:30pmpost #1931 of 57447/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm well I prefer all 3 you mention there to the X1....
I was hoping that the X1 would be a headphone I could use for gaming and music as well and sell off some of the other ones I have at the moment. I found the X1 is by no means bad, pretty good infact, but personally I found it a bit "dry" sounding, the treble was a bit artificial. They were very good for gaming though. But I think I would prefer to just have an open pair for gaming and some music and a closed pair for electronic music etc. There does not seem to be an open pair which satisfy me as an all rounder except maybe hifiman HE500 or LCD2 but I cannot afford them.
They are good headphones but what bothered me is the pads, which cannot be replaced and pick up lots of junk on them, so I cannot see them lasting long tbh, also I just don't really like the sound of them that much compared to other headphones I have owned, they are one of the better ones I have tried but I prefer the sound of some others I have owned, for example the 3 you mentioned.post #1932 of 57447/8/13 at 6:52amQuote:
I don't know ue6000 well, but i prefer X1 to the other you mentioned.
(it is useless to ask, everyone will give you an opinion based on his tastes, all the answers are lawful)post #1933 of 57447/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:
Yes agreed, you may very well like the X1, they are definitely not bad headphones, just don't really suit my tastes.post #1934 of 57447/8/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bizkid
For the X1 owners:
I'm missing mine, it had a uniquely involving sound... I hope the Soundmagic HP200 will have something similar to offer, otherwise i might reconsider getting the X1 again as my open headphone next to the closed HP100.
I am very happy with mine, Christian.post #1935 of 57447/9/13 at 10:02am
Mad lust envy can you answer a question for me please....
I sent back the X1 because I found them a bit "dry" and a little peaky sounding in the treble, as well as slightly unnatural sounding in the treble, they were good headphones but somehow they did not sound that great to my ears, also the pads were an issue for me, anyway....
The K702 65th anniversary.... How do they compare to the the X1 in the treble? Also do the AKG have a "dry" sound like the X1? Also why did you sell the K702 65th?
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 24 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 8 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica SOLID BASS Flagship IEM: ATH-CKS1100 10 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...