I might be buying this one:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 90post #1336 of 50035/31/13 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 50035/31/13 at 1:31am
Has anyone tried this one? "Fisual S-Flex Mini 1.5m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369988951&sr=1-27&keywords=Fisualpost #1338 of 50035/31/13 at 7:37am
They look good. Tiny plug, don't know if they will improve sound quality tough but they might be worth it nonetheless since it's a tangle free cable and shorter, thus more practical depending on the application.post #1339 of 50036/1/13 at 2:39ampost #1340 of 50036/1/13 at 6:23ampost #1341 of 50036/1/13 at 12:31pm
... and get a rather pointless number indicating DC resistance. Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent. And yes: I did test cables. A long time ago... when I was young and still believed in magic ;-)post #1342 of 50036/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by plakat
Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent.
Don't worry, I don't expect them to change much, and I would also never spend that kind of money on a cable. $15 is probably the max I'd spend on one. The Philips cable is a little long though, so I might pick shorter one to keep the wire mess in check.
Also, I have a "replug" break-away adapter that I keep handy. I wonder if it would be worth plugging into the X1 to protect the jack from a hard yanking. I assume it wouldn't affect the sound.post #1343 of 50036/1/13 at 1:21pmpost #1344 of 50036/2/13 at 3:26ampost #1345 of 50036/2/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I've bought mine from amazon.it, but it had very bad sibilance what no one experienced so I decided to send it back.
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!
(then I bought the he400 and now I'm sure something was wrong with the x1...the he400 is not sibilant where the x1 used to hurt my ears...it was really bad..I experience no sibilance with the he400.
I would try the X1 again though)post #1346 of 50036/2/13 at 4:22am
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler. Of course, if you use the italian variant, you need google translate to click right links.. ;-)post #1347 of 50036/2/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Quote:
Good to know.post #1348 of 50036/2/13 at 3:39pm
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?post #1349 of 50036/2/13 at 5:47pm
So I got these a few days ago.
Right out of the box the stock cable made the headphone play out of the left side only.
I already have the m100 so I used the cable from those and it fixed that problem.
Upon listening to them i noticed one side is louder than the other...
Going to see if I can get a replacement to canada and if they will take care of shipping and stuffpost #1350 of 50036/2/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pervysage
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?
Depends on your source. The headphone connector is 3.5, so if the source you are using is 3.5, then you are good. If it is 6.35 then get the adapter. One thing I will say, I got the 4 pole with the mic, and it doesn't like my 6.35 adapter. I wish I had just gotten the cable without the mic.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 19 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Brown 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)