I might be buying this one:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 90post #1336 of 42875/31/13 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 42875/31/13 at 1:31am
Has anyone tried this one? "Fisual S-Flex Mini 1.5m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369988951&sr=1-27&keywords=Fisualpost #1338 of 42875/31/13 at 7:37am
They look good. Tiny plug, don't know if they will improve sound quality tough but they might be worth it nonetheless since it's a tangle free cable and shorter, thus more practical depending on the application.post #1339 of 42876/1/13 at 2:39ampost #1340 of 42876/1/13 at 6:23ampost #1341 of 42876/1/13 at 12:31pm
... and get a rather pointless number indicating DC resistance. Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent. And yes: I did test cables. A long time ago... when I was young and still believed in magic ;-)post #1342 of 42876/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by plakat
Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent.
Don't worry, I don't expect them to change much, and I would also never spend that kind of money on a cable. $15 is probably the max I'd spend on one. The Philips cable is a little long though, so I might pick shorter one to keep the wire mess in check.
Also, I have a "replug" break-away adapter that I keep handy. I wonder if it would be worth plugging into the X1 to protect the jack from a hard yanking. I assume it wouldn't affect the sound.post #1343 of 42876/1/13 at 1:21pmpost #1344 of 42876/2/13 at 3:26ampost #1345 of 42876/2/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I've bought mine from amazon.it, but it had very bad sibilance what no one experienced so I decided to send it back.
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!
(then I bought the he400 and now I'm sure something was wrong with the x1...the he400 is not sibilant where the x1 used to hurt my ears...it was really bad..I experience no sibilance with the he400.
I would try the X1 again though)post #1346 of 42876/2/13 at 4:22am
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler. Of course, if you use the italian variant, you need google translate to click right links.. ;-)post #1347 of 42876/2/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Quote:
Good to know.post #1348 of 42876/2/13 at 3:39pm
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?post #1349 of 42876/2/13 at 5:47pm
So I got these a few days ago.
Right out of the box the stock cable made the headphone play out of the left side only.
I already have the m100 so I used the cable from those and it fixed that problem.
Upon listening to them i noticed one side is louder than the other...
Going to see if I can get a replacement to canada and if they will take care of shipping and stuffpost #1350 of 42876/2/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pervysage
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?
Depends on your source. The headphone connector is 3.5, so if the source you are using is 3.5, then you are good. If it is 6.35 then get the adapter. One thing I will say, I got the 4 pole with the mic, and it doesn't like my 6.35 adapter. I wish I had just gotten the cable without the mic.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 12 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 4 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iOS app with built in EQ curves for specific brands/models of... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob