I might be buying this one:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/28/13 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 90post #1336 of 32035/31/13 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 32035/31/13 at 1:31am
Has anyone tried this one? "Fisual S-Flex Mini 1.5m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369988951&sr=1-27&keywords=Fisualpost #1338 of 32035/31/13 at 7:37am
They look good. Tiny plug, don't know if they will improve sound quality tough but they might be worth it nonetheless since it's a tangle free cable and shorter, thus more practical depending on the application.post #1339 of 32036/1/13 at 2:39ampost #1340 of 32036/1/13 at 6:23ampost #1341 of 32036/1/13 at 12:31pm
... and get a rather pointless number indicating DC resistance. Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent. And yes: I did test cables. A long time ago... when I was young and still believed in magic ;-)post #1342 of 32036/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by plakat
Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent.
Don't worry, I don't expect them to change much, and I would also never spend that kind of money on a cable. $15 is probably the max I'd spend on one. The Philips cable is a little long though, so I might pick shorter one to keep the wire mess in check.
Also, I have a "replug" break-away adapter that I keep handy. I wonder if it would be worth plugging into the X1 to protect the jack from a hard yanking. I assume it wouldn't affect the sound.post #1343 of 32036/1/13 at 1:21pmpost #1344 of 32036/2/13 at 3:26ampost #1345 of 32036/2/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I've bought mine from amazon.it, but it had very bad sibilance what no one experienced so I decided to send it back.
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!
(then I bought the he400 and now I'm sure something was wrong with the x1...the he400 is not sibilant where the x1 used to hurt my ears...it was really bad..I experience no sibilance with the he400.
I would try the X1 again though)post #1346 of 32036/2/13 at 4:22am
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler. Of course, if you use the italian variant, you need google translate to click right links.. ;-)post #1347 of 32036/2/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Quote:
Good to know.post #1348 of 32036/2/13 at 3:39pm
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?post #1349 of 32036/2/13 at 5:47pm
So I got these a few days ago.
Right out of the box the stock cable made the headphone play out of the left side only.
I already have the m100 so I used the cable from those and it fixed that problem.
Upon listening to them i noticed one side is louder than the other...
Going to see if I can get a replacement to canada and if they will take care of shipping and stuffpost #1350 of 32036/2/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pervysage
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?
Depends on your source. The headphone connector is 3.5, so if the source you are using is 3.5, then you are good. If it is 6.35 then get the adapter. One thing I will say, I got the 4 pole with the mic, and it doesn't like my 6.35 adapter. I wish I had just gotten the cable without the mic.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 44 seconds ago
- › Do you think audiophiles have a much deeper appreciation of music... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R vs Sennheiser Momentum 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser 558 plus Schiit Vali? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe