I might be buying this one:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 90post #1336 of 51455/31/13 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 51455/31/13 at 1:31am
Has anyone tried this one? "Fisual S-Flex Mini 1.5m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369988951&sr=1-27&keywords=Fisualpost #1338 of 51455/31/13 at 7:37am
They look good. Tiny plug, don't know if they will improve sound quality tough but they might be worth it nonetheless since it's a tangle free cable and shorter, thus more practical depending on the application.post #1339 of 51456/1/13 at 2:39ampost #1340 of 51456/1/13 at 6:23ampost #1341 of 51456/1/13 at 12:31pm
... and get a rather pointless number indicating DC resistance. Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent. And yes: I did test cables. A long time ago... when I was young and still believed in magic ;-)post #1342 of 51456/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by plakat
Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent.
Don't worry, I don't expect them to change much, and I would also never spend that kind of money on a cable. $15 is probably the max I'd spend on one. The Philips cable is a little long though, so I might pick shorter one to keep the wire mess in check.
Also, I have a "replug" break-away adapter that I keep handy. I wonder if it would be worth plugging into the X1 to protect the jack from a hard yanking. I assume it wouldn't affect the sound.post #1343 of 51456/1/13 at 1:21pmpost #1344 of 51456/2/13 at 3:26ampost #1345 of 51456/2/13 at 3:44amQuote:
I've bought mine from amazon.it, but it had very bad sibilance what no one experienced so I decided to send it back.
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!
(then I bought the he400 and now I'm sure something was wrong with the x1...the he400 is not sibilant where the x1 used to hurt my ears...it was really bad..I experience no sibilance with the he400.
I would try the X1 again though)post #1346 of 51456/2/13 at 4:22am
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler. Of course, if you use the italian variant, you need google translate to click right links.. ;-)post #1347 of 51456/2/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Quote:
Good to know.post #1348 of 51456/2/13 at 3:39pm
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?post #1349 of 51456/2/13 at 5:47pm
So I got these a few days ago.
Right out of the box the stock cable made the headphone play out of the left side only.
I already have the m100 so I used the cable from those and it fixed that problem.
Upon listening to them i noticed one side is louder than the other...
Going to see if I can get a replacement to canada and if they will take care of shipping and stuffpost #1350 of 51456/2/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pervysage
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.
I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?
Depends on your source. The headphone connector is 3.5, so if the source you are using is 3.5, then you are good. If it is 6.35 then get the adapter. One thing I will say, I got the 4 pole with the mic, and it doesn't like my 6.35 adapter. I wish I had just gotten the cable without the mic.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Leaving Head-fi Liquidation Sale 4 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 21 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 or Sennheiser Momentum 3 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)