- 16,361 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 84post #1246 of 58204/30/13 at 8:59amI think the LCD2 looks more like a waffle maker.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 58205/1/13 at 2:30ampost #1248 of 58205/1/13 at 8:23pmpost #1249 of 58205/2/13 at 2:23am
Just bought a pair of these from amazon UK warehouse. They sound great, amazing amazing bass. Though, unless I am slightly deaf in one ear, i could swear the volume/balance is bias toward the left ear cup. They are plugged into a X-Fi Xtreme Pro soundcard, playing youtube. So conceivably it could be any of those sources causing the imbalance.post #1250 of 58205/2/13 at 11:27pm
Quick questions on packaging.
Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?
ULpost #1251 of 58205/3/13 at 4:05amQuote:
Mine were not sealed but had the smell of "new". Though I got the feeling the box had been opened by someone else before me.post #1252 of 58205/3/13 at 8:24amQuote:
The whole box wasn't sealed in plastic cover if that's what you're asking. But the sides were sealed with a transparent tape, while the top part where you can 'hang' the box at the shop looks very pristine, saying because in order to open the box, you have to fold that part down. As such, I'm inclined to believe mine is 'new'.post #1253 of 58205/6/13 at 9:47pmpost #1254 of 58205/7/13 at 6:07am
So I just found out about this headphone. I went through the links to various impressions, and it seemed virtually everyone enjoyed this headphone quite a bit. However, it seems many of those people no longer own this headphone.
So, to save me reading through 80+ pages, I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?
Thanks!post #1255 of 58205/7/13 at 6:53ampost #1256 of 58205/8/13 at 2:46amQuote:
These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.post #1257 of 58205/8/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Exactly. Some of us are just fickle people, and have a strong need to try something new.post #1258 of 58205/8/13 at 3:59ampost #1259 of 58205/8/13 at 4:14ampost #1260 of 58205/8/13 at 7:45amQuote:
Still not convinced. I had to wear the Beyers fully extended, as well as the K702/Q701. The Annie was a bit different, since the lack of bumps allowed just a enough headroom for it not to pull down like the others.
I'm sure I'll get someone to loan them to me at some point.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 32 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › [Trade] AK100 + phones/iem + £s (wtd: dac or phones) [GBP/UK] 50 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 54 seconds ago
- › RME Babyface good as a DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Neutral IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › In ear earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear