Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 84

post #1246 of 4989
I think the LCD2 looks more like a waffle maker.
post #1247 of 4989

Today, I get X1. The genuine cable is horrible. Lch; 2.0 ohm, Rch: 1.9 ohm, Ground: 1.8 ohm (by SANWA CD771 digital multimeter).

post #1248 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseree View Post

Today, I get X1. The genuine cable is horrible. Lch; 2.0 ohm, Rch: 1.9 ohm, Ground: 1.8 ohm (by SANWA CD771 digital multimeter).
Use the V Moda cables with or without mic
post #1249 of 4989

Just bought a pair of these from amazon UK warehouse.  They sound great, amazing amazing bass.  Though, unless I am slightly deaf in one ear, i could swear the volume/balance is bias toward the left ear cup.  They are plugged into a X-Fi Xtreme Pro soundcard, playing youtube.  So conceivably it could be any of those sources causing the imbalance. 

post #1250 of 4989

Quick questions on packaging. 

 

Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?  

 

Thanks!
UL

post #1251 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post

Quick questions on packaging. 

 

Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?  

 

Thanks!
UL

 

Mine were not sealed but had the smell of "new". Though I got the feeling the box had been opened by someone else before me.

post #1252 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post

Quick questions on packaging. 

 

Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?  

 

Thanks!
UL

The whole box wasn't sealed in plastic cover if that's what you're asking. But the sides were sealed with a transparent tape, while the top part where you can 'hang' the box at the shop looks very pristine, saying because in order to open the box, you have to fold that part down.  As such, I'm inclined to believe mine is 'new'. 

post #1253 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


Use the V Moda cables with or without mic


Use the one without the mic. The cable with the mic does not sound good without an amp.

post #1254 of 4989

So I just found out about this headphone. I went through the links to various impressions, and it seemed virtually everyone enjoyed this headphone quite a bit. However, it seems many of those people no longer own this headphone.

 

So, to save me reading through 80+ pages, I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?

 

Thanks!

post #1255 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post


Use the one without the mic. The cable with the mic does not sound good without an amp.
Hi, I never not use a headphone amp. Unless I'm driving biggrin.gif
post #1256 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz View Post

I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?

 

These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.

post #1257 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.

Exactly. Some of us are just fickle people, and have a strong need to try something new.
post #1258 of 4989

I suppose I'm no different ;)

 

I must try it. Just ordered an X1.

post #1259 of 4989

Mine aint going nowhere... Hopefully Mad Lust Envy will get these. (and they will fit) Would be interested to see his thought on these for gaming. 

post #1260 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleepkwa View Post

Mine aint going nowhere... Hopefully Mad Lust Envy will get these. (and they will fit) Would be interested to see his thought on these for gaming. 

Still not convinced. I had to wear the Beyers fully extended, as well as the K702/Q701. The Annie was a bit different, since the lack of bumps allowed just a enough headroom for it not to pull down like the others.

I'm sure I'll get someone to loan them to me at some point. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1