- 14,180 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 84post #1246 of 49894/30/13 at 8:59amI think the LCD2 looks more like a waffle maker.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 49895/1/13 at 2:30ampost #1248 of 49895/1/13 at 8:23pmpost #1249 of 49895/2/13 at 2:23am
Just bought a pair of these from amazon UK warehouse. They sound great, amazing amazing bass. Though, unless I am slightly deaf in one ear, i could swear the volume/balance is bias toward the left ear cup. They are plugged into a X-Fi Xtreme Pro soundcard, playing youtube. So conceivably it could be any of those sources causing the imbalance.post #1250 of 49895/2/13 at 11:27pm
Quick questions on packaging.
Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?
ULpost #1251 of 49895/3/13 at 4:05amQuote:
Mine were not sealed but had the smell of "new". Though I got the feeling the box had been opened by someone else before me.post #1252 of 49895/3/13 at 8:24amQuote:
The whole box wasn't sealed in plastic cover if that's what you're asking. But the sides were sealed with a transparent tape, while the top part where you can 'hang' the box at the shop looks very pristine, saying because in order to open the box, you have to fold that part down. As such, I'm inclined to believe mine is 'new'.post #1253 of 49895/6/13 at 9:47pmpost #1254 of 49895/7/13 at 6:07am
So I just found out about this headphone. I went through the links to various impressions, and it seemed virtually everyone enjoyed this headphone quite a bit. However, it seems many of those people no longer own this headphone.
So, to save me reading through 80+ pages, I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?
Thanks!post #1255 of 49895/7/13 at 6:53ampost #1256 of 49895/8/13 at 2:46amQuote:
These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.post #1257 of 49895/8/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Exactly. Some of us are just fickle people, and have a strong need to try something new.post #1258 of 49895/8/13 at 3:59ampost #1259 of 49895/8/13 at 4:14ampost #1260 of 49895/8/13 at 7:45amQuote:
Still not convinced. I had to wear the Beyers fully extended, as well as the K702/Q701. The Annie was a bit different, since the lack of bumps allowed just a enough headroom for it not to pull down like the others.
I'm sure I'll get someone to loan them to me at some point.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › The ultra portable review thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)