- 16,277 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 84post #1246 of 57934/30/13 at 8:59amI think the LCD2 looks more like a waffle maker.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 57935/1/13 at 2:30ampost #1248 of 57935/1/13 at 8:23pmpost #1249 of 57935/2/13 at 2:23am
Just bought a pair of these from amazon UK warehouse. They sound great, amazing amazing bass. Though, unless I am slightly deaf in one ear, i could swear the volume/balance is bias toward the left ear cup. They are plugged into a X-Fi Xtreme Pro soundcard, playing youtube. So conceivably it could be any of those sources causing the imbalance.post #1250 of 57935/2/13 at 11:27pm
Quick questions on packaging.
Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?
ULpost #1251 of 57935/3/13 at 4:05amQuote:
Mine were not sealed but had the smell of "new". Though I got the feeling the box had been opened by someone else before me.post #1252 of 57935/3/13 at 8:24amQuote:
The whole box wasn't sealed in plastic cover if that's what you're asking. But the sides were sealed with a transparent tape, while the top part where you can 'hang' the box at the shop looks very pristine, saying because in order to open the box, you have to fold that part down. As such, I'm inclined to believe mine is 'new'.post #1253 of 57935/6/13 at 9:47pmpost #1254 of 57935/7/13 at 6:07am
So I just found out about this headphone. I went through the links to various impressions, and it seemed virtually everyone enjoyed this headphone quite a bit. However, it seems many of those people no longer own this headphone.
So, to save me reading through 80+ pages, I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?
Thanks!post #1255 of 57935/7/13 at 6:53ampost #1256 of 57935/8/13 at 2:46amQuote:
These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.post #1257 of 57935/8/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Exactly. Some of us are just fickle people, and have a strong need to try something new.post #1258 of 57935/8/13 at 3:59ampost #1259 of 57935/8/13 at 4:14ampost #1260 of 57935/8/13 at 7:45amQuote:
Still not convinced. I had to wear the Beyers fully extended, as well as the K702/Q701. The Annie was a bit different, since the lack of bumps allowed just a enough headroom for it not to pull down like the others.
I'm sure I'll get someone to loan them to me at some point.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 8 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 2 minutes ago
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 10 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 10 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...