Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 77

post #1141 of 5105

During the last weekend I homemade a new cable. The new one has very low impedance, my multimeter basically reads zero, but I don't perceive any sound difference

post #1142 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

You need to subtract the resistance of the device itself, thus putting both probes together. 

 

And also, you can order the v-moda cable from v-moda.com as far as I know. 

Thanks. Did some more measurements. Multimeter probes measure 0,3ohm. Getting between 2,1-2,4 from signal and ground wires. So actual resistance 1,8-2,1ohms for the cable.

V-moda international shipping seems cheaper than I expected, I'll look into that.

post #1143 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRobot View Post

Thanks. Did some more measurements. Multimeter probes measure 0,3ohm. Getting between 2,1-2,4 from signal and ground wires. So actual resistance 1,8-2,1ohms for the cable.

V-moda international shipping seems cheaper than I expected, I'll look into that.

Seems to be in line with other measurements around. :)

 

Oh and as far as I know the shipping is free. Oh nevermind! Shipping is 5 dollars. 17 dollars total equals around 13 euros.

post #1144 of 5105

What are the amping requirements?

post #1145 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffra View Post

I am just trying some 7 9's purity copper cable which I have only just got.  They seem  a better balance for most types of music and certainly do not show the recessed Mid / highs at all. I need to listen further to gauge a fuller opinion  on these  ,   cost $20 equivalent plus a phono to 1/4 jack adaptor.

 

 

 

Hi! Where can I get this copper cable? I tried to search everywhere but couldn't seem to find it.

post #1146 of 5105

Anyone live in Italy and willing to buy a pair and ship them to me? I'll send you $30 plus whatever the cost of the headphones and shipping was.

 

lmk

 

-Erik

post #1147 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

Hi! Where can I get this copper cable? I tried to search everywhere but couldn't seem to find it.

I believe this was a 3.5mm jack to phono cable I tried out last year, sold on Ebay in the UK.  It was like one's used to connect iPods to stereo systems.

 

I found out it was actually 5 9's purity rather than 7 9's in the end.  I used it for a little while but it wasn't flexible enough and I believe help cause premature failure of the headphones at the socket connection.  I finally purchased a special cable made by Frank at Toxic cables. This is silver plated 7 9's purity copper Cryo treated in Litz configuration. its by far the best match for the phones getting rid of all of the problems in sound balance  I had , unfortunately its around $150 equivalent. Not cheap but if you want to get the best from the phones then worth spending the money on in my opinion. Just to say My Beyer T1's don't get played very much as I prefer the sounds that the X1's and Toxic cable make.

post #1148 of 5105
Thank you!
post #1149 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I was comparing the FA-011 and the X1 and the difference isn't all that much.  Someone might shoot me down here but just an observation. 

 

Hi DannyBai! I'm looking forward to getting my very first open headphone but I still can't decide between the FA-011 or X1.

How would you compare them? I listen mostly to Rock, Metal, Classical, and a few EDMs occasionally.

My source would be the Ipod touch 5th Gen + FiiO E11 (if needed).

Cheers!

post #1150 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

Hi DannyBai! I'm looking forward to getting my very first open headphone but I still can't decide between the FA-011 or X1.

How would you compare them? I listen mostly to Rock, Metal, Classical, and a few EDMs occasionally.

My source would be the Ipod touch 5th Gen + FiiO E11 (if needed).

Cheers!

The X1 is much easier to drive although the E11 will drive the FA-011 fine.  I think the X1 might suit your needs more since I find the bass to be a little punchier and less boomy over the FA-011.  The X1 has a more out of your head sound to it as well.  Quality of materials and overall build quality is much better with the X1 also.  I think you can get the FA-011 for around half the price and it seems the new revision adds a better cable and pads.  The X1 will do better with the genres of music you listen to is my guess but I can listen to both over the next couple of days to find out and report back.

post #1151 of 5105
I didn't realize you had the x1's Danny - lucky bum! Between the x1's and the ws99's, I think that you are getting your quota of awesome bass :-)
post #1152 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

I didn't realize you had the x1's Danny - lucky bum! Between the x1's and the ws99's, I think that you are getting your quota of awesome bass :-)

No doubt Wayne but the 99's are still tops.  

post #1153 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

The X1 is much easier to drive although the E11 will drive the FA-011 fine.  I think the X1 might suit your needs more since I find the bass to be a little punchier and less boomy over the FA-011.  The X1 has a more out of your head sound to it as well.  Quality of materials and overall build quality is much better with the X1 also.  I think you can get the FA-011 for around half the price and it seems the new revision adds a better cable and pads.  The X1 will do better with the genres of music you listen to is my guess but I can listen to both over the next couple of days to find out and report back.

 

Thanks DannyBai, 'appreciate it! 'looking forward to your final verdict.

post #1154 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

Thanks DannyBai, 'appreciate it! 'looking forward to your final verdict.

The final verdict would go to the X1 by a good margin.  The treble sounds less artificial and extends further without any sibilance.  Midrange is much better on the X1.  It is more forward and the FA-011 sounds distant compared.  Drums sounds more in your face and less muddy with the X1.  As for the stage, X1 trumps it.  The 011 sounds congested compared.  This all while listening to Metal.  

 

EDM sounds closer in comparison.  The bass is still boomier on the FA-011.  Not sure what source I was using or what I was listening to when I made the comment that these were close but with all but EDM, I'd say the X1 wins hands down.  

post #1155 of 5105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

The final verdict would go to the X1 by a good margin.  The treble sounds less artificial and extends further without any sibilance.  Midrange is much better on the X1.  It is more forward and the FA-011 sounds distant compared.  Drums sounds more in your face and less muddy with the X1.  As for the stage, X1 trumps it.  The 011 sounds congested compared.  This all while listening to Metal.  

EDM sounds closer in comparison.  The bass is still boomier on the FA-011.  Not sure what source I was using or what I was listening to when I made the comment that these were close but with all but EDM, I'd say the X1 wins hands down.  

Awesome! I was hoping the X1 doesn't trump the FA-011 too much coz the latter is so much cheaper. I guess you really get what you pay for in this case. Time to do a bit more saving to fund my first open cans. Thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1