Thanks Tyll for getting some recognition back into this headphone. I've been enjoying mine for months although I had to pay the premium price to get them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 72post #1066 of 57843/23/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 57843/23/13 at 9:31pmQuote:
I'm sure you can take a knife to them and get it out, or did you mean if it's possible to remove it without permanent damage?post #1068 of 57843/23/13 at 9:46pmpost #1069 of 57843/23/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
$400USD on Amazon? No thanks...maybe for $300 I would give these a shot, and even at that price only a maybe. I don't think the earpads can even be replaced on these, right? Still, I'm glad Phillips is getting into the headphones game a bit more. I'll just wait to see what their next offering is.
I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore.post #1070 of 57843/24/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.
They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.post #1071 of 57843/24/13 at 3:47amQuote:
Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1.post #1072 of 57843/24/13 at 3:57amQuote:
You could use tiewraps to keep them permanently up there. ;)
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 3:58ampost #1073 of 57843/24/13 at 4:14amNot a bad idea... Although from watching Tyll's video it really didn't seem like the elastic had that much tension, then again he did end up bending the top band to relieve some pressure...
I guess a little bit of relief might help if you end up stretching it out all the way every time anyway. Use Velcro ties and you can loosen them up when not in use so as not to overstretch it needlessly. Would get tedious to re-adjust every time tho.
Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...
Edited by Impulse - 3/24/13 at 4:31ampost #1074 of 57843/24/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I wonder about this too.
This image suggests that it can be snapped off. But the fact that the pads can't be rotated suggests something else. I really want to try it out but I don't want to kill my baby.
At first I wasn't sure if the pads were the right place to disasseble them. I tought maybe the swivel was the good place to start but that doesn't seem likely looking at these pictures.
Here is a picture of the L1 which is prety similar built.
Found another picture!! This suggests back removal first. This part is snapped on. You can see room for the jack too.
Here is a picture from someone who might have opened up these phones.
And here is a video that shows ALOT in detail!
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 4:50ampost #1075 of 57843/24/13 at 4:36amMight just be glued to that front plastic baffle... Don't see anything else in between or to snap into/around of. Though it looks like it has a rough texture to it (the plastic piece), I think typically you'd go with something smoother so there's more surface to adhere to.post #1076 of 57843/24/13 at 4:59ampost #1077 of 57843/24/13 at 5:09am
My X1's headband stretches completely to the upper leather band. Not only in the middle ... the whole thing. If this still isn't a fit, you can cut the band off completely, as it is attached to the upperband. The headband itself is made out of plastic... I think you can cut it off. You'd have to put some home-made padding to the upper band though.post #1078 of 57843/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.post #1079 of 57843/24/13 at 5:35amQuote:
The only place that you can test the L1 is Harvey Norman.post #1080 of 57843/24/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
I use this cable with the X1 and other cans and works great.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Comparisons: 31 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 11 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blue circle or Sim audio please advise 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Dangerous Music Convert-2 DAC Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...