Thanks Tyll for getting some recognition back into this headphone. I've been enjoying mine for months although I had to pay the premium price to get them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 72post #1066 of 58623/23/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 58623/23/13 at 9:31pmQuote:
I'm sure you can take a knife to them and get it out, or did you mean if it's possible to remove it without permanent damage?post #1068 of 58623/23/13 at 9:46pmpost #1069 of 58623/23/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
$400USD on Amazon? No thanks...maybe for $300 I would give these a shot, and even at that price only a maybe. I don't think the earpads can even be replaced on these, right? Still, I'm glad Phillips is getting into the headphones game a bit more. I'll just wait to see what their next offering is.
I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore.post #1070 of 58623/24/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.
They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.post #1071 of 58623/24/13 at 3:47amQuote:
Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1.post #1072 of 58623/24/13 at 3:57amQuote:
You could use tiewraps to keep them permanently up there. ;)
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 3:58ampost #1073 of 58623/24/13 at 4:14amNot a bad idea... Although from watching Tyll's video it really didn't seem like the elastic had that much tension, then again he did end up bending the top band to relieve some pressure...
I guess a little bit of relief might help if you end up stretching it out all the way every time anyway. Use Velcro ties and you can loosen them up when not in use so as not to overstretch it needlessly. Would get tedious to re-adjust every time tho.
Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...
Edited by Impulse - 3/24/13 at 4:31ampost #1074 of 58623/24/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I wonder about this too.
This image suggests that it can be snapped off. But the fact that the pads can't be rotated suggests something else. I really want to try it out but I don't want to kill my baby.
At first I wasn't sure if the pads were the right place to disasseble them. I tought maybe the swivel was the good place to start but that doesn't seem likely looking at these pictures.
Here is a picture of the L1 which is prety similar built.
Found another picture!! This suggests back removal first. This part is snapped on. You can see room for the jack too.
Here is a picture from someone who might have opened up these phones.
And here is a video that shows ALOT in detail!
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 4:50ampost #1075 of 58623/24/13 at 4:36amMight just be glued to that front plastic baffle... Don't see anything else in between or to snap into/around of. Though it looks like it has a rough texture to it (the plastic piece), I think typically you'd go with something smoother so there's more surface to adhere to.post #1076 of 58623/24/13 at 4:59ampost #1077 of 58623/24/13 at 5:09am
My X1's headband stretches completely to the upper leather band. Not only in the middle ... the whole thing. If this still isn't a fit, you can cut the band off completely, as it is attached to the upperband. The headband itself is made out of plastic... I think you can cut it off. You'd have to put some home-made padding to the upper band though.post #1078 of 58623/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.post #1079 of 58623/24/13 at 5:35amQuote:
The only place that you can test the L1 is Harvey Norman.post #1080 of 58623/24/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
I use this cable with the X1 and other cans and works great.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SennGrado Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › [WANTED] Sennheiser HD 580 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Audeze to MrSpeakers headphone cable adapters 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › Koss HV/A1 headphones 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear