Thanks Tyll for getting some recognition back into this headphone. I've been enjoying mine for months although I had to pay the premium price to get them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 72post #1066 of 56903/23/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 56903/23/13 at 9:31pmQuote:
I'm sure you can take a knife to them and get it out, or did you mean if it's possible to remove it without permanent damage?post #1068 of 56903/23/13 at 9:46pmpost #1069 of 56903/23/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
$400USD on Amazon? No thanks...maybe for $300 I would give these a shot, and even at that price only a maybe. I don't think the earpads can even be replaced on these, right? Still, I'm glad Phillips is getting into the headphones game a bit more. I'll just wait to see what their next offering is.
I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore.post #1070 of 56903/24/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.
They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.post #1071 of 56903/24/13 at 3:47amQuote:
Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1.post #1072 of 56903/24/13 at 3:57amQuote:
You could use tiewraps to keep them permanently up there. ;)
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 3:58ampost #1073 of 56903/24/13 at 4:14amNot a bad idea... Although from watching Tyll's video it really didn't seem like the elastic had that much tension, then again he did end up bending the top band to relieve some pressure...
I guess a little bit of relief might help if you end up stretching it out all the way every time anyway. Use Velcro ties and you can loosen them up when not in use so as not to overstretch it needlessly. Would get tedious to re-adjust every time tho.
Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...
Edited by Impulse - 3/24/13 at 4:31ampost #1074 of 56903/24/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I wonder about this too.
This image suggests that it can be snapped off. But the fact that the pads can't be rotated suggests something else. I really want to try it out but I don't want to kill my baby.
At first I wasn't sure if the pads were the right place to disasseble them. I tought maybe the swivel was the good place to start but that doesn't seem likely looking at these pictures.
Here is a picture of the L1 which is prety similar built.
Found another picture!! This suggests back removal first. This part is snapped on. You can see room for the jack too.
Here is a picture from someone who might have opened up these phones.
And here is a video that shows ALOT in detail!
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 4:50ampost #1075 of 56903/24/13 at 4:36amMight just be glued to that front plastic baffle... Don't see anything else in between or to snap into/around of. Though it looks like it has a rough texture to it (the plastic piece), I think typically you'd go with something smoother so there's more surface to adhere to.post #1076 of 56903/24/13 at 4:59ampost #1077 of 56903/24/13 at 5:09am
My X1's headband stretches completely to the upper leather band. Not only in the middle ... the whole thing. If this still isn't a fit, you can cut the band off completely, as it is attached to the upperband. The headband itself is made out of plastic... I think you can cut it off. You'd have to put some home-made padding to the upper band though.post #1078 of 56903/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.post #1079 of 56903/24/13 at 5:35amQuote:
The only place that you can test the L1 is Harvey Norman.post #1080 of 56903/24/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
I use this cable with the X1 and other cans and works great.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Best $1000 headphones for O2+ODAC? 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Koss ESP-950 (with Stax Adapter) 4 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2