Thanks Tyll for getting some recognition back into this headphone. I've been enjoying mine for months although I had to pay the premium price to get them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 72post #1066 of 57473/23/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 57473/23/13 at 9:31pmQuote:
I'm sure you can take a knife to them and get it out, or did you mean if it's possible to remove it without permanent damage?post #1068 of 57473/23/13 at 9:46pmpost #1069 of 57473/23/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
$400USD on Amazon? No thanks...maybe for $300 I would give these a shot, and even at that price only a maybe. I don't think the earpads can even be replaced on these, right? Still, I'm glad Phillips is getting into the headphones game a bit more. I'll just wait to see what their next offering is.
I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore.post #1070 of 57473/24/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.
They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.post #1071 of 57473/24/13 at 3:47amQuote:
Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1.post #1072 of 57473/24/13 at 3:57amQuote:
You could use tiewraps to keep them permanently up there. ;)
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 3:58ampost #1073 of 57473/24/13 at 4:14amNot a bad idea... Although from watching Tyll's video it really didn't seem like the elastic had that much tension, then again he did end up bending the top band to relieve some pressure...
I guess a little bit of relief might help if you end up stretching it out all the way every time anyway. Use Velcro ties and you can loosen them up when not in use so as not to overstretch it needlessly. Would get tedious to re-adjust every time tho.
Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...
Edited by Impulse - 3/24/13 at 4:31ampost #1074 of 57473/24/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I wonder about this too.
This image suggests that it can be snapped off. But the fact that the pads can't be rotated suggests something else. I really want to try it out but I don't want to kill my baby.
At first I wasn't sure if the pads were the right place to disasseble them. I tought maybe the swivel was the good place to start but that doesn't seem likely looking at these pictures.
Here is a picture of the L1 which is prety similar built.
Found another picture!! This suggests back removal first. This part is snapped on. You can see room for the jack too.
Here is a picture from someone who might have opened up these phones.
And here is a video that shows ALOT in detail!
Edited by HolyCheese - 3/24/13 at 4:50ampost #1075 of 57473/24/13 at 4:36amMight just be glued to that front plastic baffle... Don't see anything else in between or to snap into/around of. Though it looks like it has a rough texture to it (the plastic piece), I think typically you'd go with something smoother so there's more surface to adhere to.post #1076 of 57473/24/13 at 4:59ampost #1077 of 57473/24/13 at 5:09am
My X1's headband stretches completely to the upper leather band. Not only in the middle ... the whole thing. If this still isn't a fit, you can cut the band off completely, as it is attached to the upperband. The headband itself is made out of plastic... I think you can cut it off. You'd have to put some home-made padding to the upper band though.post #1078 of 57473/24/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.post #1079 of 57473/24/13 at 5:35amQuote:
The only place that you can test the L1 is Harvey Norman.post #1080 of 57473/24/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
I use this cable with the X1 and other cans and works great.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 1 second ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Best gaming headset 30 seconds ago
- › Damping Mechanical Energy Distortion of STAX and other phones with... 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying Xduoo X2 from AliExpress...? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...