- 636 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 70post #1036 of 57443/22/13 at 5:40amAgreed, the relatively short headband is my biggest complaint.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 57443/22/13 at 5:43amIf they somehow managed to do this, I might consider it as my alternative to the LCD2, if it indeed shares a tonality to the HD650.post #1038 of 57443/22/13 at 7:56ampost #1039 of 57443/22/13 at 8:27ampost #1040 of 57443/22/13 at 8:45am
I love my X1's sound. I hate the small headband. Sometimes in adjusting the earcups for my admittedly large ears, the stupid lower headband (the cloth like one) slips to almost touching my eyebrows. What a stupid stupid design. The funny thing is that the lower range L1's headband suits my large head much better but the earcups are a bit small. Why can't manufacturers think like apparel makers and give us a choice of small, medium or large earcups and headbands for every model they launch?post #1041 of 57443/22/13 at 8:56am
When I first got the X1 at a promotional launch price of US$260, I was very concerned that the elastic on the lower headband would lose its tension or elasticity over time. Now I can't wait for that to happen. And if it doesn't happen soon I might resort to drastic measures. Like cutting out the lower headband totally.post #1042 of 57443/22/13 at 9:05am
I guess I'm glad I have a small head!
As for the Jack, my previous pair broke within a month but I switched cables alot for testing and even hung my e10 up there. :) Just be carefull you don't put any sideways pressure on it. I don't know if there are just a few defective pairs or that it's a weak point but it should be worth watching out for.post #1043 of 57443/22/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Hi, see #1041 and #1042. I have the M50 too and totally agree with you. You know the L and R metal studs at each end of the lower cloth headband? Can you figure out if they can be removed? Then we can remove the lower headband totally. After all we're already wearing it at its maximum size.post #1044 of 57443/22/13 at 9:31ampost #1045 of 57443/22/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by georgelai57
Hi, see #1041 and #1042. I have the M50 too and totally agree with you. You know the L and R metal studs at each end of the lower cloth headband? Can you figure out if they can be removed? Then we can remove the lower headband totally. After all we're already wearing it at its maximum size.
I don't really wanna mess around with mine but it appears they are a one piece design. The studs that is. Otherwise you could just trim off the plastic and put the cloth thing under the big headband.post #1046 of 57443/22/13 at 11:23amI sincerely hope that is exactly why it took them so long to make them sell them here. The headband size.
Someone should contact Philips to find out.
I have a feeling Amazon is going to have a LOT of returned X1s. That will pretty much show Philips that not everyone has the head the size of a child.
No offense to those with small heads.
Lol, wow, Amazon went from 2-5 weeks to 3-5 weeks. WTF is going on?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/22/13 at 11:27ampost #1047 of 57443/23/13 at 3:13pm
I just got my X1 today. I actually ordered a Pioneer HDJ-2000, but wasn't sure about the comfort of those cans. They're a bit on-ear instead of over-ear. I ordered the L1 and X1 to make a final decision.
The L1 didn't cut it. Had a weird treble cloth over the sound which really bothered me playing rock music.
The X1 is near perfection. I really don't get the problem of big heads. You gotta have a REALLY big head to not be able to fit a X1 and I'm most definately not a child or small guy. I'm stretching it now and trying to get a picture of what kind of head you guys have there :) ... I'm impressed!
The only thing I can think of is that the headphone is a bit tight on your head. The big ear cups put slightly too much pressure on your head I think, though I don't think this will bother me too much in longer sessions.\
Sound quality is excellent. Lows, mids and highs sound great and are all very present together. This headphone is suitable for any music. It does classic, dance, funk, metal and club very well; it even eats Dub Step quite well.
Compared to the HDJ-2000 I must say that sound quality is in the same region, eventhough they're completely different type headphones. The balance on both these headphones is very good. The X1 just adds a tiny piece of clarity due to the open design. Comfort of the X1 is better than the HDJ-2000 ....... it's also a LOT bigger :). You'd be fine wearing the HDJ-2000 on the street. I wouldn't recommend the X1's for on the street; you'd make quite a fool out of yourself; not to mention that the open design makes your environment hear everything you listen to.
btw ... I live in The Netherlands (Home of Philips) and the Fidelio headphones are easy to get. I ordered them yesterday; got them today. Price here is €249,- ... which is about $325,-
Edited by derxen - 3/23/13 at 3:18pmpost #1048 of 57443/23/13 at 4:53pm
These are in no way an outdoor headphone. I'm probably still going to use it as one in the summer.
A) These are open (Duh)
B) The headband elastic things make a little bit of noise when walking
C) If it's windy the wind makes a load sound because of the grill on the sides. This is were it gets impossible to use.
D) even if you walk too fast you'll hear the wind.
They are still usable for a nice stroll in the sun! Easy to drive so no need for huge amps. Sounds surprisingly good out of my phone, even without my e5 . (god I hope that isn't far from now, damn cold!)post #1049 of 57443/23/13 at 5:22pmI'd never wear these headphones outside for all the reasons you mentioned, but they're also incredibly large and would attract a lot of attention. The stock cable is also far too long.
Other than that, I do think the X1 isolates a -lot- more than my HD 598, I can barely hear my surroundings on moderate volume unless people really shout at me. They also leak a lot less.post #1050 of 57443/23/13 at 5:38pm
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 20 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 50 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...