- 447 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 70post #1036 of 53463/22/13 at 5:40amAgreed, the relatively short headband is my biggest complaint.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 53463/22/13 at 5:43ampost #1038 of 53463/22/13 at 7:56ampost #1039 of 53463/22/13 at 8:27ampost #1040 of 53463/22/13 at 8:45am
I love my X1's sound. I hate the small headband. Sometimes in adjusting the earcups for my admittedly large ears, the stupid lower headband (the cloth like one) slips to almost touching my eyebrows. What a stupid stupid design. The funny thing is that the lower range L1's headband suits my large head much better but the earcups are a bit small. Why can't manufacturers think like apparel makers and give us a choice of small, medium or large earcups and headbands for every model they launch?post #1041 of 53463/22/13 at 8:56am
When I first got the X1 at a promotional launch price of US$260, I was very concerned that the elastic on the lower headband would lose its tension or elasticity over time. Now I can't wait for that to happen. And if it doesn't happen soon I might resort to drastic measures. Like cutting out the lower headband totally.post #1042 of 53463/22/13 at 9:05am
I guess I'm glad I have a small head!
As for the Jack, my previous pair broke within a month but I switched cables alot for testing and even hung my e10 up there. :) Just be carefull you don't put any sideways pressure on it. I don't know if there are just a few defective pairs or that it's a weak point but it should be worth watching out for.post #1043 of 53463/22/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Hi, see #1041 and #1042. I have the M50 too and totally agree with you. You know the L and R metal studs at each end of the lower cloth headband? Can you figure out if they can be removed? Then we can remove the lower headband totally. After all we're already wearing it at its maximum size.post #1044 of 53463/22/13 at 9:31ampost #1045 of 53463/22/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by georgelai57
Hi, see #1041 and #1042. I have the M50 too and totally agree with you. You know the L and R metal studs at each end of the lower cloth headband? Can you figure out if they can be removed? Then we can remove the lower headband totally. After all we're already wearing it at its maximum size.
I don't really wanna mess around with mine but it appears they are a one piece design. The studs that is. Otherwise you could just trim off the plastic and put the cloth thing under the big headband.post #1046 of 53463/22/13 at 11:23amI sincerely hope that is exactly why it took them so long to make them sell them here. The headband size.
Someone should contact Philips to find out.
I have a feeling Amazon is going to have a LOT of returned X1s. That will pretty much show Philips that not everyone has the head the size of a child.
No offense to those with small heads.
Lol, wow, Amazon went from 2-5 weeks to 3-5 weeks. WTF is going on?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/22/13 at 11:27ampost #1047 of 53463/23/13 at 3:13pm
I just got my X1 today. I actually ordered a Pioneer HDJ-2000, but wasn't sure about the comfort of those cans. They're a bit on-ear instead of over-ear. I ordered the L1 and X1 to make a final decision.
The L1 didn't cut it. Had a weird treble cloth over the sound which really bothered me playing rock music.
The X1 is near perfection. I really don't get the problem of big heads. You gotta have a REALLY big head to not be able to fit a X1 and I'm most definately not a child or small guy. I'm stretching it now and trying to get a picture of what kind of head you guys have there :) ... I'm impressed!
The only thing I can think of is that the headphone is a bit tight on your head. The big ear cups put slightly too much pressure on your head I think, though I don't think this will bother me too much in longer sessions.\
Sound quality is excellent. Lows, mids and highs sound great and are all very present together. This headphone is suitable for any music. It does classic, dance, funk, metal and club very well; it even eats Dub Step quite well.
Compared to the HDJ-2000 I must say that sound quality is in the same region, eventhough they're completely different type headphones. The balance on both these headphones is very good. The X1 just adds a tiny piece of clarity due to the open design. Comfort of the X1 is better than the HDJ-2000 ....... it's also a LOT bigger :). You'd be fine wearing the HDJ-2000 on the street. I wouldn't recommend the X1's for on the street; you'd make quite a fool out of yourself; not to mention that the open design makes your environment hear everything you listen to.
btw ... I live in The Netherlands (Home of Philips) and the Fidelio headphones are easy to get. I ordered them yesterday; got them today. Price here is €249,- ... which is about $325,-
Edited by derxen - 3/23/13 at 3:18pmpost #1048 of 53463/23/13 at 4:53pm
These are in no way an outdoor headphone. I'm probably still going to use it as one in the summer.
A) These are open (Duh)
B) The headband elastic things make a little bit of noise when walking
C) If it's windy the wind makes a load sound because of the grill on the sides. This is were it gets impossible to use.
D) even if you walk too fast you'll hear the wind.
They are still usable for a nice stroll in the sun! Easy to drive so no need for huge amps. Sounds surprisingly good out of my phone, even without my e5 . (god I hope that isn't far from now, damn cold!)post #1049 of 53463/23/13 at 5:22pmI'd never wear these headphones outside for all the reasons you mentioned, but they're also incredibly large and would attract a lot of attention. The stock cable is also far too long.
Other than that, I do think the X1 isolates a -lot- more than my HD 598, I can barely hear my surroundings on moderate volume unless people really shout at me. They also leak a lot less.post #1050 of 53463/23/13 at 5:38pm
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 17 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 1 minute ago
- › AEDLE VK-1 Limited Edition Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Breadcrumbs For Jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2