- 713 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 68post #1006 of 57413/13/13 at 10:49pmStill out of stock at Amazon (US), fail Philips fail.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 57413/13/13 at 11:29pmpost #1008 of 57413/13/13 at 11:40pmFailips indeed... It's so weird too because they did such a good job of distributing the rest of the Fidelio line (along with the CitiScapes) and making them widely available. They were becoming an easy brand to recommend across the board, which is rare.
I actually bought a pair of Downtowns during a clearance sale based on how pleasantly surprised I was when I tried them out, for the price I figured I'd mess around with them then turn it into a gift for a friend. Was really looking forward to the X1's, oh well...post #1009 of 57413/14/13 at 2:56ampost #1010 of 57413/14/13 at 6:40am
Yeah, they're really missing out on business. I was interested in the X1 before going with the HE-400. Would have probably waited if there was at least an official release date. I'm not likely to pick up another headphone at the same price pointpost #1011 of 57413/14/13 at 9:18pmpost #1012 of 57413/14/13 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
That is similar to the MSRP price in Singapore.post #1013 of 57413/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #1014 of 57413/15/13 at 5:08ampost #1015 of 57413/15/13 at 5:49amNo. Haven't heard it yet. What I mean, was that Philips took a gawdamn eternity to bring these to the states to the point that I lost interest. Back when I was interested, I was still on my HE-400. Since then, I have migrated to the K702 Anniversary, and now my endgame LCD2. So basically no reason to downgrade to the X1. I COULD want them for an alternative to the LCD2 in the future, but I'd rather get something I can easily lay down with, like the HD650.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/15/13 at 5:51ampost #1016 of 57413/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
What happened Thom?! I thought you were happy with thempost #1017 of 57413/15/13 at 9:57ampost #1018 of 57413/15/13 at 3:09pm
Yes that was sarcasm! They were listed for 2000 dollars or something, I could buy 5 back for that price. :P
How did you remember my name? You have a good memory, haha :O
Oh and btw, I just god a modded muse dac with a fiio e5 (going to replace that sometime) and it is a HUGE improvement over the e10, much airier. I didn't really like the e10 with x1. That's actually quite strange since I find these to sound good even with my crappy phone's and laptop's sound. I might tell more/do more comparisons later.post #1019 of 57413/15/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Oh, I wasn't reading carefully enough. I see it now.. I've even saw that listing...stupid me.
I really try to remember the names what come along. It makes this online thing more human (for me at least).post #1020 of 57413/15/13 at 4:24pm
Seems like a good idea, especially for me since somehow I seem to manage to forget a name within one minute
Anyway, more on topic. What would be a good very cheap amp to replace the e5 with? :)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 28 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse