- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 68post #1006 of 52443/13/13 at 10:49pmStill out of stock at Amazon (US), fail Philips fail.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 52443/13/13 at 11:29pmpost #1008 of 52443/13/13 at 11:40pmFailips indeed... It's so weird too because they did such a good job of distributing the rest of the Fidelio line (along with the CitiScapes) and making them widely available. They were becoming an easy brand to recommend across the board, which is rare.
I actually bought a pair of Downtowns during a clearance sale based on how pleasantly surprised I was when I tried them out, for the price I figured I'd mess around with them then turn it into a gift for a friend. Was really looking forward to the X1's, oh well...post #1009 of 52443/14/13 at 2:56ampost #1010 of 52443/14/13 at 6:40am
Yeah, they're really missing out on business. I was interested in the X1 before going with the HE-400. Would have probably waited if there was at least an official release date. I'm not likely to pick up another headphone at the same price pointpost #1011 of 52443/14/13 at 9:18pmpost #1012 of 52443/14/13 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
That is similar to the MSRP price in Singapore.post #1013 of 52443/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #1014 of 52443/15/13 at 5:08ampost #1015 of 52443/15/13 at 5:49amNo. Haven't heard it yet. What I mean, was that Philips took a gawdamn eternity to bring these to the states to the point that I lost interest. Back when I was interested, I was still on my HE-400. Since then, I have migrated to the K702 Anniversary, and now my endgame LCD2. So basically no reason to downgrade to the X1. I COULD want them for an alternative to the LCD2 in the future, but I'd rather get something I can easily lay down with, like the HD650.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/15/13 at 5:51ampost #1016 of 52443/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
What happened Thom?! I thought you were happy with thempost #1017 of 52443/15/13 at 9:57ampost #1018 of 52443/15/13 at 3:09pm
Yes that was sarcasm! They were listed for 2000 dollars or something, I could buy 5 back for that price. :P
How did you remember my name? You have a good memory, haha :O
Oh and btw, I just god a modded muse dac with a fiio e5 (going to replace that sometime) and it is a HUGE improvement over the e10, much airier. I didn't really like the e10 with x1. That's actually quite strange since I find these to sound good even with my crappy phone's and laptop's sound. I might tell more/do more comparisons later.post #1019 of 52443/15/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Oh, I wasn't reading carefully enough. I see it now.. I've even saw that listing...stupid me.
I really try to remember the names what come along. It makes this online thing more human (for me at least).post #1020 of 52443/15/13 at 4:24pm
Seems like a good idea, especially for me since somehow I seem to manage to forget a name within one minute
Anyway, more on topic. What would be a good very cheap amp to replace the e5 with? :)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 4 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 21 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3