- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 68post #1006 of 42873/13/13 at 10:49pmStill out of stock at Amazon (US), fail Philips fail.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 42873/13/13 at 11:29pmpost #1008 of 42873/13/13 at 11:40pmFailips indeed... It's so weird too because they did such a good job of distributing the rest of the Fidelio line (along with the CitiScapes) and making them widely available. They were becoming an easy brand to recommend across the board, which is rare.
I actually bought a pair of Downtowns during a clearance sale based on how pleasantly surprised I was when I tried them out, for the price I figured I'd mess around with them then turn it into a gift for a friend. Was really looking forward to the X1's, oh well...post #1009 of 42873/14/13 at 2:56ampost #1010 of 42873/14/13 at 6:40am
Yeah, they're really missing out on business. I was interested in the X1 before going with the HE-400. Would have probably waited if there was at least an official release date. I'm not likely to pick up another headphone at the same price pointpost #1011 of 42873/14/13 at 9:18pmpost #1012 of 42873/14/13 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
That is similar to the MSRP price in Singapore.post #1013 of 42873/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #1014 of 42873/15/13 at 5:08ampost #1015 of 42873/15/13 at 5:49amNo. Haven't heard it yet. What I mean, was that Philips took a gawdamn eternity to bring these to the states to the point that I lost interest. Back when I was interested, I was still on my HE-400. Since then, I have migrated to the K702 Anniversary, and now my endgame LCD2. So basically no reason to downgrade to the X1. I COULD want them for an alternative to the LCD2 in the future, but I'd rather get something I can easily lay down with, like the HD650.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/15/13 at 5:51ampost #1016 of 42873/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
What happened Thom?! I thought you were happy with thempost #1017 of 42873/15/13 at 9:57ampost #1018 of 42873/15/13 at 3:09pm
Yes that was sarcasm! They were listed for 2000 dollars or something, I could buy 5 back for that price. :P
How did you remember my name? You have a good memory, haha :O
Oh and btw, I just god a modded muse dac with a fiio e5 (going to replace that sometime) and it is a HUGE improvement over the e10, much airier. I didn't really like the e10 with x1. That's actually quite strange since I find these to sound good even with my crappy phone's and laptop's sound. I might tell more/do more comparisons later.post #1019 of 42873/15/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Oh, I wasn't reading carefully enough. I see it now.. I've even saw that listing...stupid me.
I really try to remember the names what come along. It makes this online thing more human (for me at least).post #1020 of 42873/15/13 at 4:24pm
Seems like a good idea, especially for me since somehow I seem to manage to forget a name within one minute
Anyway, more on topic. What would be a good very cheap amp to replace the e5 with? :)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 seconds ago
- › Headphone Stands 17 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--call for gift ideas for our awesome... 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob