- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 68post #1006 of 54763/13/13 at 10:49pmStill out of stock at Amazon (US), fail Philips fail.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 54763/13/13 at 11:29pmpost #1008 of 54763/13/13 at 11:40pmFailips indeed... It's so weird too because they did such a good job of distributing the rest of the Fidelio line (along with the CitiScapes) and making them widely available. They were becoming an easy brand to recommend across the board, which is rare.
I actually bought a pair of Downtowns during a clearance sale based on how pleasantly surprised I was when I tried them out, for the price I figured I'd mess around with them then turn it into a gift for a friend. Was really looking forward to the X1's, oh well...post #1009 of 54763/14/13 at 2:56ampost #1010 of 54763/14/13 at 6:40am
Yeah, they're really missing out on business. I was interested in the X1 before going with the HE-400. Would have probably waited if there was at least an official release date. I'm not likely to pick up another headphone at the same price pointpost #1011 of 54763/14/13 at 9:18pmpost #1012 of 54763/14/13 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
That is similar to the MSRP price in Singapore.post #1013 of 54763/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #1014 of 54763/15/13 at 5:08ampost #1015 of 54763/15/13 at 5:49amNo. Haven't heard it yet. What I mean, was that Philips took a gawdamn eternity to bring these to the states to the point that I lost interest. Back when I was interested, I was still on my HE-400. Since then, I have migrated to the K702 Anniversary, and now my endgame LCD2. So basically no reason to downgrade to the X1. I COULD want them for an alternative to the LCD2 in the future, but I'd rather get something I can easily lay down with, like the HD650.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/15/13 at 5:51ampost #1016 of 54763/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
What happened Thom?! I thought you were happy with thempost #1017 of 54763/15/13 at 9:57ampost #1018 of 54763/15/13 at 3:09pm
Yes that was sarcasm! They were listed for 2000 dollars or something, I could buy 5 back for that price. :P
How did you remember my name? You have a good memory, haha :O
Oh and btw, I just god a modded muse dac with a fiio e5 (going to replace that sometime) and it is a HUGE improvement over the e10, much airier. I didn't really like the e10 with x1. That's actually quite strange since I find these to sound good even with my crappy phone's and laptop's sound. I might tell more/do more comparisons later.post #1019 of 54763/15/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Oh, I wasn't reading carefully enough. I see it now.. I've even saw that listing...stupid me.
I really try to remember the names what come along. It makes this online thing more human (for me at least).post #1020 of 54763/15/13 at 4:24pm
Seems like a good idea, especially for me since somehow I seem to manage to forget a name within one minute
Anyway, more on topic. What would be a good very cheap amp to replace the e5 with? :)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Lyr (High power hybrid headphone amp and preamp) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2