- 713 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 68post #1006 of 57473/13/13 at 10:49pmStill out of stock at Amazon (US), fail Philips fail.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 57473/13/13 at 11:29pmpost #1008 of 57473/13/13 at 11:40pmFailips indeed... It's so weird too because they did such a good job of distributing the rest of the Fidelio line (along with the CitiScapes) and making them widely available. They were becoming an easy brand to recommend across the board, which is rare.
I actually bought a pair of Downtowns during a clearance sale based on how pleasantly surprised I was when I tried them out, for the price I figured I'd mess around with them then turn it into a gift for a friend. Was really looking forward to the X1's, oh well...post #1009 of 57473/14/13 at 2:56ampost #1010 of 57473/14/13 at 6:40am
Yeah, they're really missing out on business. I was interested in the X1 before going with the HE-400. Would have probably waited if there was at least an official release date. I'm not likely to pick up another headphone at the same price pointpost #1011 of 57473/14/13 at 9:18pmpost #1012 of 57473/14/13 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
That is similar to the MSRP price in Singapore.post #1013 of 57473/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #1014 of 57473/15/13 at 5:08ampost #1015 of 57473/15/13 at 5:49amNo. Haven't heard it yet. What I mean, was that Philips took a gawdamn eternity to bring these to the states to the point that I lost interest. Back when I was interested, I was still on my HE-400. Since then, I have migrated to the K702 Anniversary, and now my endgame LCD2. So basically no reason to downgrade to the X1. I COULD want them for an alternative to the LCD2 in the future, but I'd rather get something I can easily lay down with, like the HD650.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/15/13 at 5:51ampost #1016 of 57473/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
What happened Thom?! I thought you were happy with thempost #1017 of 57473/15/13 at 9:57ampost #1018 of 57473/15/13 at 3:09pm
Yes that was sarcasm! They were listed for 2000 dollars or something, I could buy 5 back for that price. :P
How did you remember my name? You have a good memory, haha :O
Oh and btw, I just god a modded muse dac with a fiio e5 (going to replace that sometime) and it is a HUGE improvement over the e10, much airier. I didn't really like the e10 with x1. That's actually quite strange since I find these to sound good even with my crappy phone's and laptop's sound. I might tell more/do more comparisons later.post #1019 of 57473/15/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Oh, I wasn't reading carefully enough. I see it now.. I've even saw that listing...stupid me.
I really try to remember the names what come along. It makes this online thing more human (for me at least).post #1020 of 57473/15/13 at 4:24pm
Seems like a good idea, especially for me since somehow I seem to manage to forget a name within one minute
Anyway, more on topic. What would be a good very cheap amp to replace the e5 with? :)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › In search of a pillow 15 seconds ago
- › Baffling Hum Issue 54 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Do amps really make a difference? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...