- 35 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- DT990 & PC360 with XONAR DG Question Last post on 9/13/11 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help? right side biased sound in headphones Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ath m50 vs pc 360 Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- has anyone found any information on the difference between the sennheiser pc360/pc363d and the... Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Please help me choose a gaming headphone. Last post on 11/25/13 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)
Stereo pc gaming headset your thoughts? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
actually after reading more reviews and more than a few were from here i narrowed the choices to
Audio-Technica ATH AD700
which out of these would be best for gaming you guys think and should i run them off my receiver or get an amp or use my sound card asus Xonar DG
ya i saw that :S but they are supposed to be better than the M50 on soundstage by a wide margin with or without dolby headphone active
and i play alot of shooters so being able to tell where people are better would be great but the lack of bass when stuff is blowing up would be sad :S i also play stuff like assassins creed skyrim and other adventure games
anything you can think of that has great bass and great soundstage up to 200 but if possible closer to 100
why cant god just come down and make the perfect headphones and that be the end of it there are too many brands and models>.<
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/20/12 at 3:23pm
ok i just want to clarify what i am looking for after looking more into headphones in general and reading up on things recommended and other stuff
the headphones will only be used for gaming alot of shooters but then games like assassins creed and skyrim that i would want to be absolutely immersed in as much as possible. i want to be able to hear where birds are chirping and flying, peoples foot steps, arrows whizzing by my head but i would also like good bass for explosions and gunfire. i more than likely will want to run whatever headphones of my asus xonar DG sound card,maybe an amp if it isnt really expensive, or if possible my Denon avr 1712 receiver i use with my 7.1 setup it has a 1/4 jack but i dont know what level of impedance headphones it can properly power and havent been able to find out looking around online:/. so good sound stage of and open ear and clean tight accurate base of close headphones if thats possible. also sometimes i will start gaming and go all day so comfort is a MUST :D. my budget limit is 200, but if there is something comparable around 100 or 150 i dont mind saving some money for an almost undetectable drop in sound quality i am sure whatever you recommend will be better than anything i have heard. so i will more than likely be happy with it compared to my current razer headset. also want them to be around ear dont like on ear headphones
sorry to pretty much restart the thread but i think i have better described what i am looking for this time thanks for any help:D
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/21/12 at 6:51am
DT990 sound like what your looking for(big bass and soundstage) and are within your budget.
I feel Mad Lust Envy still has the best guide for everything you need.
Personally I would go with the 770 80 ohm version with any mic. Modmic is nice but a desktop mic works well too.
i just looked at his list again at the above mentioned 990 and 770. the 770 he said "positional accuracy is the very best, but the bloated bass makes it hard to pick up details, so it hurts it quite a bit" and i do play alot of shooters and there are alot of explosions going on when i am playing plus i like hearing all the little details more than bass if it will ruin the over all sound>.< and the 990 though they are almost as good as the 770 for positional they have a 250 ohm impedance and i dont think i can run that right on my sound card and i called denon and my receiver only does 32 ohm :S disappointed in that so i would need a decent amp and fo almost 170 wont have enough left for that :/
has anyone used the AD 700 and 770 80 ohm for gaming and give me some more feedback on there impressions or if you have used both which did you prefer and for what reasons?
this bass really that lacking on the AD700 even if i mess with EQ? and would the 770 and AD700 run well on my Xonar DG sound card?
thanks again for all the help so far
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/21/12 at 1:19pm
The 770s are awesome for gaming IMO. They are my preferred gaming headphones and I play a lot of shooters. The idea that the bass takes away from the rest of the overall sound is ridiculous IMO (in regards to gaming). Explosions are weak and unimpressive through all of my other cans, compared to the 770s. The emphasized bass does mean it has recessed mids but I don't find that to be a problem for gaming. The soundstage is also impressively large for closed cans. The 990s would be even better in that regard, if you're OK with open-back.
Edited by devhen - 9/21/12 at 2:07pm
I'm far from any head-fi on here but I was in about the same situation as you.
I got recommanded the ATH-A900X, they are just a very little over your budget but they compensate by not needing amp for sound great as they are 40 Ohms headphone.
You may take a look into these, I was quite reticent ordering them cause the pad seem Quite firm, but After some shearch I heard they soften a bit and are quite comfortable.
So ya, try give them a look.
Best regard, an average PC gamer who was in the same situation than you.
p.s: can't wait for all my stuff to be at my door and hook them up for the burn in session.
ok so i read around more i think i am going to just grab up some AD700s and try them out and mess with the eq and break them in and if not happy i will send them back and go for the the 770s thanks for your help guys :D
- Stereo pc gaming headset your thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 9 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 4 minutes ago
- › The best headphones in terms of dynamics 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 5 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe