- 50 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- DT990 & PC360 with XONAR DG Question Last post on 9/13/11 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming headphones with bass extension, $150-$250 budget Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT990 pro & fiio 17, extreme rattle Last post on 2/27/14 at 7:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E07K is enough for 250ohm Beyerdynamic DT990? Last post on 2/24/14 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)
Stereo around ear headphones under $200? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
actually after reading more reviews and more than a few were from here i narrowed the choices to
Audio-Technica ATH AD700
which out of these would be best for gaming you guys think and should i run them off my receiver or get an amp or use my sound card asus Xonar DG
ya i saw that :S but they are supposed to be better than the M50 on soundstage by a wide margin with or without dolby headphone active
and i play alot of shooters so being able to tell where people are better would be great but the lack of bass when stuff is blowing up would be sad :S i also play stuff like assassins creed skyrim and other adventure games
anything you can think of that has great bass and great soundstage up to 200 but if possible closer to 100
why cant god just come down and make the perfect headphones and that be the end of it there are too many brands and models>.<
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/20/12 at 3:23pm
ok i just want to clarify what i am looking for after looking more into headphones in general and reading up on things recommended and other stuff
the headphones will only be used for gaming alot of shooters but then games like assassins creed and skyrim that i would want to be absolutely immersed in as much as possible. i want to be able to hear where birds are chirping and flying, peoples foot steps, arrows whizzing by my head but i would also like good bass for explosions and gunfire. i more than likely will want to run whatever headphones of my asus xonar DG sound card,maybe an amp if it isnt really expensive, or if possible my Denon avr 1712 receiver i use with my 7.1 setup it has a 1/4 jack but i dont know what level of impedance headphones it can properly power and havent been able to find out looking around online:/. so good sound stage of and open ear and clean tight accurate base of close headphones if thats possible. also sometimes i will start gaming and go all day so comfort is a MUST :D. my budget limit is 200, but if there is something comparable around 100 or 150 i dont mind saving some money for an almost undetectable drop in sound quality i am sure whatever you recommend will be better than anything i have heard. so i will more than likely be happy with it compared to my current razer headset. also want them to be around ear dont like on ear headphones
sorry to pretty much restart the thread but i think i have better described what i am looking for this time thanks for any help:D
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/21/12 at 6:51am
DT990 sound like what your looking for(big bass and soundstage) and are within your budget.
I feel Mad Lust Envy still has the best guide for everything you need.
Personally I would go with the 770 80 ohm version with any mic. Modmic is nice but a desktop mic works well too.
i just looked at his list again at the above mentioned 990 and 770. the 770 he said "positional accuracy is the very best, but the bloated bass makes it hard to pick up details, so it hurts it quite a bit" and i do play alot of shooters and there are alot of explosions going on when i am playing plus i like hearing all the little details more than bass if it will ruin the over all sound>.< and the 990 though they are almost as good as the 770 for positional they have a 250 ohm impedance and i dont think i can run that right on my sound card and i called denon and my receiver only does 32 ohm :S disappointed in that so i would need a decent amp and fo almost 170 wont have enough left for that :/
has anyone used the AD 700 and 770 80 ohm for gaming and give me some more feedback on there impressions or if you have used both which did you prefer and for what reasons?
this bass really that lacking on the AD700 even if i mess with EQ? and would the 770 and AD700 run well on my Xonar DG sound card?
thanks again for all the help so far
Edited by sureshot1234 - 9/21/12 at 1:19pm
The 770s are awesome for gaming IMO. They are my preferred gaming headphones and I play a lot of shooters. The idea that the bass takes away from the rest of the overall sound is ridiculous IMO (in regards to gaming). Explosions are weak and unimpressive through all of my other cans, compared to the 770s. The emphasized bass does mean it has recessed mids but I don't find that to be a problem for gaming. The soundstage is also impressively large for closed cans. The 990s would be even better in that regard, if you're OK with open-back.
Edited by devhen - 9/21/12 at 2:07pm
I'm far from any head-fi on here but I was in about the same situation as you.
I got recommanded the ATH-A900X, they are just a very little over your budget but they compensate by not needing amp for sound great as they are 40 Ohms headphone.
You may take a look into these, I was quite reticent ordering them cause the pad seem Quite firm, but After some shearch I heard they soften a bit and are quite comfortable.
So ya, try give them a look.
Best regard, an average PC gamer who was in the same situation than you.
p.s: can't wait for all my stuff to be at my door and hook them up for the burn in session.
ok so i read around more i think i am going to just grab up some AD700s and try them out and mess with the eq and break them in and if not happy i will send them back and go for the the 770s thanks for your help guys :D
- Stereo around ear headphones under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 58 seconds ago
- › YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 7 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 8 minutes ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 10 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude