Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 55

post #811 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

That's precisely what I did. 

 

The fact that they ignored me after I pointed it out speaks volumes though. 

 

And, I never did get an answer to my original question either. 

I am very sorry about the confusion. PM sent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

Pardon the dumb question, but is the only difference between the 2 versions that one offers iDevice input and the other optical?

 

If I were to primarily use a HiFi-M8 with a laptop via USB, then it wouldn't really matter which version I went for?

 

Also, does using the USB input limit the DAC in any way as seen with some dac/amp boxes?

 

Yes, when referring to the HiFi-M8 and HiFi-M8 LX, the only difference on the input side is swapping idevice for optical. USB DAC implementation is one of our specialties and both versions will  provide our signature sound quality with no limitations.

Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Any release window or idea when it'll be ready? smily_headphones1.gif


If everything runs smooth then we are hoping to ship before February.

post #812 of 5028

Ooh.  February delivery was one of my mini XLR concessions...  Can it be?!  wink.gif

post #813 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post

I am very sorry about the confusion. PM sent.

 

 

Yes, when referring to the HiFi-M8 and HiFi-M8 LX, the only difference on the input side is swapping idevice for optical. USB DAC implementation is one of our specialties and both versions will  provide our signature sound quality with no limitations.


If everything runs smooth then we are hoping to ship before February.

Sounds good :) When can we pre-order??

post #814 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Sounds good smily_headphones1.gif When can we pre-order??

preorders have been up for some time
and there were 40 pre order slots so im not sure if they're still open
beest to email them (check out the blog as it has an email there somewhere)
post #815 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

Pardon the dumb question, but is the only difference between the 2 versions that one offers iDevice input and the other optical?

 

If I were to primarily use a HiFi-M8 with a laptop via USB, then it wouldn't really matter which version I went for?

 

Also, does using the USB input limit the DAC in any way as seen with some dac/amp boxes?

Yes, correct - the only difference is one has iDevice input and the other (LX) has optical in its place.

If you are using it with the laptop, you can get either one.

USB is 24/192, so no -- there are no limitations that we know of.

post #816 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

That's precisely what I did. 

 

The fact that they ignored me after I pointed it out speaks volumes though. 

 

And, I never did get an answer to my original question either. 

Yes, human error is it. I'm sorry! We are frantically trying to tie up a whole bunch of loose ends with a small staff. Unfortunately, things are bound to get mixed up - totally not our intention though and sorry about the bad impression! I have sent you a PM and I believe Kenny did the same. I actually didn't know that he did, until I sent mine. So you can answer to both of us or one of us. We are here to make it right!

 

What was your original question? You can answer here or via PM.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post
hay dis ez teh interwebz.....groan.

Love the lolcat speak. Give us more! :)

post #817 of 5028

since the hifim8 is being brought out as a portable dac/amp solution, it would have been nice if there was a 3.5 mm input for non-apple/usb capable portable sources like the clips and cowons...is there a reason why it was omitted?


Edited by Aravind - 12/8/12 at 2:53am
post #818 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind View Post

since the hifim8 is being brought out as a portable dac/amp solution, it would have been nice if there was a 3.5 mm input for non-apple/usb capable portable sources like the clips and cowons...is there a reason why it was omitted?

 

 

400

 

(I dont usually spam funny pics here, but just for fun-No offense intended to the person quoted).

post #819 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

 

 

400

 

(I dont usually spam funny pics here, but just for fun-No offense intended to the person quoted).

none taken...and wow his 'wind tunnel' hairstyle

 

anyway...seeing the multitude of output options proposed, is there a possible 3.5mm input option in the future..


Edited by Aravind - 12/8/12 at 5:11am
post #820 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind View Post

none taken...and wow his 'wind tunnel' hairstyle

anyway...seeing the multitude of output options proposed, is there a possible 3.5mm input option in the future..

Maybe in the 2nd offering. The first models, no.
post #821 of 5028
Thank you for your suggestion. We decided to concentrate on making M8 a versatile DAC first and a headphone amp second. In retrospect, it's turned out to be a killer headphone amp as well, because of customer input, such as yours. At this time we already have aluminum chassis parts ordered, so panel space is at a premium. Next version will include analog line input.
post #822 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

Thank you for your suggestion. We decided to concentrate on making M8 a versatile DAC first and a headphone amp second. In retrospect, it's turned out to be a killer headphone amp as well, because of customer input, such as yours. At this time we already have aluminum chassis parts ordered, so panel space is at a premium. Next version will include analog line input.

that would be great...thanks...with such versatile compatibility, this product range will definitely cater to a wide spectrum of audiophiles...and if it excels in each of its functions its going to be a killer package

post #823 of 5028

Oh how I love it when companies actually take the time to come on here and answer questions and consider our input! Thumbs up to CEntrance.

post #824 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

Oh how I love it when companies actually take the time to come on here and answer questions and consider our input! Thumbs up to CEntrance.


X2.  This has to rank as the best pre-order experience I've had (so far) on Head-Fi, and I've taken part in many over the years.  Thanks CEntrance!

post #825 of 5028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

Oh how I love it when companies actually take the time to come on here and answer questions and consider our input! Thumbs up to CEntrance.


impressive indeed, looking forward to future portable products.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread