Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your probably right LOL
Right now I have the Fostex HP-P1 and am testing the GO DAP X, listen on low gain no enhancement on the Fostex and same on the X.
Then get yourself and amp that lets you swap opamps/tubes...
p.s. that way lies madness
Totally agree. Thumbs up for the Centrance team, especially Michael.
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the latest blog entry showing the front panel permutations. The dual 3 pin and 4 pin configurations are both shown but... SURPRISE! They're actually talking about a 3rd version that will have the RSA 4 pin connector. I expect that will make a few people happy.
Well that leaves me a bit torn between my original selection - 4 pin xlr, or the RSA. The RSA at least appears in photos to be smaller in size, and probably equally robust?
The XLR4 seems to be more of a standard, slightly bigger(?) and maybe, just maybe more robust.
Anyone out there with direct experience to back up their opinions on the two connectors care to jump in?
Either RSA contacted CEntrance, or CEntrance had decided to please the 10-20% of people.
2 out of 53 people indicated they want a mini 4-pin XLR. 3 times more people indicated their preference for RSA 4 pin. Though I'm guessing that RSA is backing the provision.
Edited by eron - 11/13/12 at 4:50pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sound card or headphone amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › beyer dt770, 880, 990 replacement pad/cushion--softskin, gel,... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3