Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your probably right LOL
Right now I have the Fostex HP-P1 and am testing the GO DAP X, listen on low gain no enhancement on the Fostex and same on the X.
Then get yourself and amp that lets you swap opamps/tubes...
p.s. that way lies madness
Totally agree. Thumbs up for the Centrance team, especially Michael.
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the latest blog entry showing the front panel permutations. The dual 3 pin and 4 pin configurations are both shown but... SURPRISE! They're actually talking about a 3rd version that will have the RSA 4 pin connector. I expect that will make a few people happy.
Well that leaves me a bit torn between my original selection - 4 pin xlr, or the RSA. The RSA at least appears in photos to be smaller in size, and probably equally robust?
The XLR4 seems to be more of a standard, slightly bigger(?) and maybe, just maybe more robust.
Anyone out there with direct experience to back up their opinions on the two connectors care to jump in?
Either RSA contacted CEntrance, or CEntrance had decided to please the 10-20% of people.
2 out of 53 people indicated they want a mini 4-pin XLR. 3 times more people indicated their preference for RSA 4 pin. Though I'm guessing that RSA is backing the provision.
Edited by eron - 11/13/12 at 4:50pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 54 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)