Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your probably right LOL
Right now I have the Fostex HP-P1 and am testing the GO DAP X, listen on low gain no enhancement on the Fostex and same on the X.
Then get yourself and amp that lets you swap opamps/tubes...
p.s. that way lies madness
Totally agree. Thumbs up for the Centrance team, especially Michael.
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the latest blog entry showing the front panel permutations. The dual 3 pin and 4 pin configurations are both shown but... SURPRISE! They're actually talking about a 3rd version that will have the RSA 4 pin connector. I expect that will make a few people happy.
Well that leaves me a bit torn between my original selection - 4 pin xlr, or the RSA. The RSA at least appears in photos to be smaller in size, and probably equally robust?
The XLR4 seems to be more of a standard, slightly bigger(?) and maybe, just maybe more robust.
Anyone out there with direct experience to back up their opinions on the two connectors care to jump in?
Either RSA contacted CEntrance, or CEntrance had decided to please the 10-20% of people.
2 out of 53 people indicated they want a mini 4-pin XLR. 3 times more people indicated their preference for RSA 4 pin. Though I'm guessing that RSA is backing the provision.
Edited by eron - 11/13/12 at 4:50pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 second ago
- › My HE-300/EF3 Mod Project 25 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 26 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 40 seconds ago
- › Looking for a <100$ headphones *Looks like beats solo hd* 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda LP2 vs M-100?? 4 minutes ago
- › First foray into high-end audio! 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)