Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on Today at 6:28 pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your probably right LOL
Right now I have the Fostex HP-P1 and am testing the GO DAP X, listen on low gain no enhancement on the Fostex and same on the X.
Then get yourself and amp that lets you swap opamps/tubes...
p.s. that way lies madness
Totally agree. Thumbs up for the Centrance team, especially Michael.
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the latest blog entry showing the front panel permutations. The dual 3 pin and 4 pin configurations are both shown but... SURPRISE! They're actually talking about a 3rd version that will have the RSA 4 pin connector. I expect that will make a few people happy.
Well that leaves me a bit torn between my original selection - 4 pin xlr, or the RSA. The RSA at least appears in photos to be smaller in size, and probably equally robust?
The XLR4 seems to be more of a standard, slightly bigger(?) and maybe, just maybe more robust.
Anyone out there with direct experience to back up their opinions on the two connectors care to jump in?
Either RSA contacted CEntrance, or CEntrance had decided to please the 10-20% of people.
2 out of 53 people indicated they want a mini 4-pin XLR. 3 times more people indicated their preference for RSA 4 pin. Though I'm guessing that RSA is backing the provision.
Edited by eron - 11/13/12 at 4:50pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Analog-to-Digital Converter project.Audio measurements tool 8 minutes ago
- › Is it possible to get top audio performance with win 7 and a SW... 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2