Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 4/6/15 at 5:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your probably right LOL
Right now I have the Fostex HP-P1 and am testing the GO DAP X, listen on low gain no enhancement on the Fostex and same on the X.
Then get yourself and amp that lets you swap opamps/tubes...
p.s. that way lies madness
Totally agree. Thumbs up for the Centrance team, especially Michael.
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned the latest blog entry showing the front panel permutations. The dual 3 pin and 4 pin configurations are both shown but... SURPRISE! They're actually talking about a 3rd version that will have the RSA 4 pin connector. I expect that will make a few people happy.
Well that leaves me a bit torn between my original selection - 4 pin xlr, or the RSA. The RSA at least appears in photos to be smaller in size, and probably equally robust?
The XLR4 seems to be more of a standard, slightly bigger(?) and maybe, just maybe more robust.
Anyone out there with direct experience to back up their opinions on the two connectors care to jump in?
Either RSA contacted CEntrance, or CEntrance had decided to please the 10-20% of people.
2 out of 53 people indicated they want a mini 4-pin XLR. 3 times more people indicated their preference for RSA 4 pin. Though I'm guessing that RSA is backing the provision.
Edited by eron - 11/13/12 at 4:50pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 46 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition 600 ohms (EU) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Official ATH-ES7 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2