High res support would be of great interest for me since I have over 250gb of high res material. It would be worth to me if I had to send it in. The fact that it interest me is kind of the curse of the m8. With other similar products I've tried using the cck to cheat high res out of my idevices, I couldn't hear the difference with high res material. In fact with most of them, I was hard press to even hear a difference between redbook and 256 bitrate mp3s. With the m8, I can clearly hear the difference not only between mp3s and redbook, but also between redbook and high res. As a result, I use the pc input/cck more than I do the idevice input which is a shame since I bought this version exclusively for the idevice input. It would be great to have high res, but not a must since I can still enjoy it using the other usb input.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 340
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If that sound is what you are after, the HiFi-M8 is most likely what you want.
Now the hardware fix is a tougher question. Technically, there isn't going to be a change in sound, just an easier chain to get you hi-res music out of your iDevices. If you listen out of your computer or your Android phone or DAP, then its a non-issue. But if you don't want a Camera Connection Kit (CCK) in your iDevice chain, then I guess wait and see. But all that wait time could be spent enjoying.
And I'm typing this while listening to some Tune Yards, through my M8 and MDR-Z7s. And I wouldn't want to be without this for any extended period of time....
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH 1540 or rather Focal Spirit Classic 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on Headphones for watching movies 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AK240 and AKS02 Docking Station 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3