High res support would be of great interest for me since I have over 250gb of high res material. It would be worth to me if I had to send it in. The fact that it interest me is kind of the curse of the m8. With other similar products I've tried using the cck to cheat high res out of my idevices, I couldn't hear the difference with high res material. In fact with most of them, I was hard press to even hear a difference between redbook and 256 bitrate mp3s. With the m8, I can clearly hear the difference not only between mp3s and redbook, but also between redbook and high res. As a result, I use the pc input/cck more than I do the idevice input which is a shame since I bought this version exclusively for the idevice input. It would be great to have high res, but not a must since I can still enjoy it using the other usb input.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 340post #5086 of 582110/8/14 at 10:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5087 of 582110/11/14 at 1:50pmA gentleman here at RMAF bought a cypher labs DAC/amp today, and ended up preferring my HiFi-M8 with his K701. So he returned the Cypher labs device and bought his own HiFi-M8 instead. It's that good.post #5088 of 582111/1/14 at 2:17pmpost #5089 of 582111/1/14 at 2:49pmpost #5090 of 582111/2/14 at 4:49amQuote:Quote:
If that sound is what you are after, the HiFi-M8 is most likely what you want.
Now the hardware fix is a tougher question. Technically, there isn't going to be a change in sound, just an easier chain to get you hi-res music out of your iDevices. If you listen out of your computer or your Android phone or DAP, then its a non-issue. But if you don't want a Camera Connection Kit (CCK) in your iDevice chain, then I guess wait and see. But all that wait time could be spent enjoying.
And I'm typing this while listening to some Tune Yards, through my M8 and MDR-Z7s. And I wouldn't want to be without this for any extended period of time....post #5091 of 582111/2/14 at 11:04ampost #5092 of 582111/3/14 at 6:37ampost #5093 of 582111/3/14 at 7:27ampost #5094 of 582111/4/14 at 4:39ampost #5095 of 582111/28/14 at 7:56am
A couple questions -
1) I know this works with Android via UAPP - but does it work natively (Ie for Spotify)? My phone is HTC One M8 if that matters...:)
2) any thoughts on if this is better than Ifi Micro IDSD? I plan to be powering Alpha Dogspost #5096 of 582111/28/14 at 8:43amQuote:
my coworker has a Verizon HTC One M8. With any luck, she will let me tinker Monday. If she lets me, I'll get back on here to let you know the results.post #5097 of 582111/28/14 at 12:13pm
My M8 has just stopped working. It was fine a few days ago. I've had some problems with my ipod and sometimes have had to reset the ipod to get it to register but now nothing works. Even plugged into the computer doesn't work.
I've emailed Centrance.. anyone else have this problem?post #5098 of 582111/28/14 at 12:47pmpost #5099 of 582111/28/14 at 12:58pmpost #5100 of 582112/2/14 at 2:58pmQuote:
M8 mostly like doesn't have any sound coloration. At least, I didn't heard any, so all that is left - yours headphones. If it has that features (warm, smooth etc) you'll get what you want.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 24 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D problems 31 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 and T2 successors confirmed for spring 2017 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 5 minutes ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 5 minutes ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear