High res support would be of great interest for me since I have over 250gb of high res material. It would be worth to me if I had to send it in. The fact that it interest me is kind of the curse of the m8. With other similar products I've tried using the cck to cheat high res out of my idevices, I couldn't hear the difference with high res material. In fact with most of them, I was hard press to even hear a difference between redbook and 256 bitrate mp3s. With the m8, I can clearly hear the difference not only between mp3s and redbook, but also between redbook and high res. As a result, I use the pc input/cck more than I do the idevice input which is a shame since I bought this version exclusively for the idevice input. It would be great to have high res, but not a must since I can still enjoy it using the other usb input.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: Yesterday
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 340
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If that sound is what you are after, the HiFi-M8 is most likely what you want.
Now the hardware fix is a tougher question. Technically, there isn't going to be a change in sound, just an easier chain to get you hi-res music out of your iDevices. If you listen out of your computer or your Android phone or DAP, then its a non-issue. But if you don't want a Camera Connection Kit (CCK) in your iDevice chain, then I guess wait and see. But all that wait time could be spent enjoying.
And I'm typing this while listening to some Tune Yards, through my M8 and MDR-Z7s. And I wouldn't want to be without this for any extended period of time....
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900X 1 minute ago
- › 1st IEM purchase suggestions. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Black Friday RE-400 a good deal? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)