High res support would be of great interest for me since I have over 250gb of high res material. It would be worth to me if I had to send it in. The fact that it interest me is kind of the curse of the m8. With other similar products I've tried using the cck to cheat high res out of my idevices, I couldn't hear the difference with high res material. In fact with most of them, I was hard press to even hear a difference between redbook and 256 bitrate mp3s. With the m8, I can clearly hear the difference not only between mp3s and redbook, but also between redbook and high res. As a result, I use the pc input/cck more than I do the idevice input which is a shame since I bought this version exclusively for the idevice input. It would be great to have high res, but not a must since I can still enjoy it using the other usb input.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 340
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If that sound is what you are after, the HiFi-M8 is most likely what you want.
Now the hardware fix is a tougher question. Technically, there isn't going to be a change in sound, just an easier chain to get you hi-res music out of your iDevices. If you listen out of your computer or your Android phone or DAP, then its a non-issue. But if you don't want a Camera Connection Kit (CCK) in your iDevice chain, then I guess wait and see. But all that wait time could be spent enjoying.
And I'm typing this while listening to some Tune Yards, through my M8 and MDR-Z7s. And I wouldn't want to be without this for any extended period of time....
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 2 minutes ago
- › TV: Sound bar or 5.1 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: LNIB Sennheiser HD25-1 II 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)