Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 331

post #4951 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge8 View Post
 

Anyone using Fiio X5 with HiFi M8? Does the FiiO X5 coax out also supports optical? Or only USB connection is possible?

Ty

Fiio X5 doesnt work with the Hifi-M8 afaik.

 

 

Hifi-m8 - idevices and computer.

Hifi-m8LX- astell and kern etc and computers.

 

Check out the new Centrance Mini-M8 thread. it might support X5.

post #4952 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post
 

Fiio X5 doesnt work with the Hifi-M8 afaik.

 

 

Hifi-m8 - idevices and computer.

Hifi-m8LX- astell and kern etc and computers.

 

Check out the new Centrance Mini-M8 thread. it might support X5.

Thank you.

It should work with the USB connection. At least Fiio X5 is in the list of UAPP/URPP supported equipment.

Maybe bad timing buying M8 LX...

post #4953 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge8 View Post

Thank you.
It should work with the USB connection. At least Fiio X5 is in the list of UAPP/URPP supported equipment.
Maybe bad timing buying M8 LX...
It is in the list because you can use x5 as a usb dac/amp but not the source. I doubt you can connect x5 to m8 as the source. The only scenario is ak player connected to m8 lx via optical.
post #4954 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyDiamond View Post


It is in the list because you can use x5 as a usb dac/amp but not the source. I doubt you can connect x5 to m8 as the source. The only scenario is ak player connected to m8 lx via optical.

(facepalm)  Thank you very much.

Now to the FS forum...

post #4955 of 5057
Selling the X5 or the m8?
post #4956 of 5057

The M8. 

I don't have Android phone.  And buying the AK100 would be the price of the mini M8...


Edited by jorge8 - 7/10/14 at 2:59am
post #4957 of 5057
To recap, you have a fiio x5 and bought a hifi-m8?
post #4958 of 5057

Yes.

post #4959 of 5057
Whoops smily_headphones1.gif.

Fiio X5 should be enough on its own anyway.

Good luck.
post #4960 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge8 View Post

The M8. 
I don't have Android phone.  And buying the AK100 would be the price of the mini M8...

Not sure I follow...Android is not the only option, wouldn't an iDevice with M8 sound better than X5?
post #4961 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


Not sure I follow...Android is not the only option, wouldn't an iDevice with M8 sound better than X5?

I bought the LX version.

Not using iPhone for music anymore. X5 SQ and storage capacity beats iDevice in my book. And it plays high res files.

post #4962 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

Sounding good, too! We will be opening up the preorder soon. Hang in there!

ExpatInJapan graciously opened up another thread, so we will move all Mini-M8 related announcements there.

 

While the mini-M8 is way cool, the HiFi-M8 does everything I ever wanted in a portable/transportable DAC/amp for my portable and full-size headphones.  It's so versatile, with enough power for everything but my HE-6, which I don't use mobile anyway.

 

It's funny that when I came up with the idea for a mini-M8 and showed it to you, you had come up with the idea first and already had the mockup case built, well before I brought it up.  We can't keep up with you!

post #4963 of 5057
Hee-hee. Just consider that there are improvements one can make in weight, size, battery life, number of inputs and ability to decode DSD.

Did CEntrance do any of that on Mini-M8? Does it have an advantage over HiFi-M8?
Do we ask rhetorical questions for a reason?
post #4964 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Selling the X5 or the m8?

Follow-up:

 

Not selling anything for the moment. I got a coaxial-optical converter and got the X5 working with the M8.  And it's another world! Now I understand all the buzz about the M8 ;)

Just ordered another converter working with 5V and a small battery to improve portability... 

Thank you for the help provided.

post #4965 of 5057
Photos please and information on how you got it working. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread