Dude don't you think that pic is kinda sick?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 298post #4456 of 58122/25/14 at 5:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4457 of 58122/25/14 at 5:41am
Right? Way past kinda sick. Not what I needed to see first thing this morning! I'll come back to this thread a few pages down the road.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 2/25/14 at 5:42ampost #4458 of 58122/25/14 at 7:27amQuote:
I have both, but since a CLAS can be paired with dozens upon dozens of different AMPS, I tend to say its "apples to oranges". I like both setups, but I can easily say the M8 is the better value...
And FYI, that was awful. I'm glad its gone...post #4459 of 58122/25/14 at 7:58amQuote:
Good point! Does it sound similar to any amp/CLAS combo's you've listened to?post #4460 of 58122/25/14 at 8:27amQuote:
Can anyone point me to the M8 specs that show this 1.5W (full gain switch I suspect?) output, and at what ohms?
emailed CEntrance weeks ago asking for output specs with gain switch on high, but no answer yet.
thanks,post #4461 of 58122/25/14 at 8:55amQuote:
From there website.
20 Hz...50 kHz (flat EQ circuit)
113 dB (A-weighted)
0.002 % (mid gain position)
-103 dB (at 1kHz)
1, 2, 11 Ohm, selectable
1.4 W (max), 1 W (typical)
-2 dBV (nominal, max gain) use with less-sensitive over-the head headphones
-10 dBV (nominal, mid gain) use for connecting to line-level consumer audio equipment
-22 dBV (nominal, min gain) use with ultra-sensitive IEM headphonespost #4462 of 58122/25/14 at 8:55amQuote:
1.4 W max is full gain at 1 ohms.post #4463 of 58122/25/14 at 11:29amQuote:
I've only listened to the CLAS in two configurations, and I believe the M8 sounds more similar to the original CLAS with the RSA SR-71B, though the M8 has a little more floor noise, and a little more power behind it. At least that's my impression.
I own the CLAS db and pair it with the ALO Mk3 B. This setup has power like the M8, but for some reason I like it more with easier to drive headphones, then the M8, in general. But I do love the Beyer DT1350s, balanced, with the M8. And that kinda breaks my generalization, because they drive quite easily. I don't use in-ears, so I can't offer much there...post #4464 of 58122/25/14 at 8:25pmpost #4465 of 58122/25/14 at 8:32pmI get audio when i go from my headphone jack on my note 2 to the m8 combo jack, but is there a way to use my headphone jack on my note 2 connected to the m8 as an amp? Because the combo jack just bypasses the amp of the m8 correct?post #4466 of 58122/25/14 at 8:43pmQuote:
what!?post #4467 of 58122/25/14 at 8:48pmYea when i go from note 2 headphone out > m8 combo > m8 headphone out I get sound but I think the sound is just bypassing the m8. I want to have some way to go from my phones headphone jack to the m8 that uses the m8 as an amp. Don't know if it's possible or a dumb idea.post #4468 of 58122/25/14 at 9:01pmpost #4469 of 58122/25/14 at 9:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kernel8888
Yea when i go from note 2 headphone out > m8 combo > m8 headphone out I get sound but I think the sound is just bypassing the m8. I want to have some way to go from my phones headphone jack to the m8 that uses the m8 as an amp. Don't know if it's possible or a dumb idea.
Yeah, you're just connecting the wires between the 3.5mm jack and the 4-pin jack, and using the M8 as a "cable"
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 30 seconds ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 43 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear