Dude don't you think that pic is kinda sick?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 298post #4456 of 57682/25/14 at 5:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4457 of 57682/25/14 at 5:41am
Right? Way past kinda sick. Not what I needed to see first thing this morning! I'll come back to this thread a few pages down the road.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 2/25/14 at 5:42ampost #4458 of 57682/25/14 at 7:27amQuote:
I have both, but since a CLAS can be paired with dozens upon dozens of different AMPS, I tend to say its "apples to oranges". I like both setups, but I can easily say the M8 is the better value...
And FYI, that was awful. I'm glad its gone...post #4459 of 57682/25/14 at 7:58amQuote:
Good point! Does it sound similar to any amp/CLAS combo's you've listened to?post #4460 of 57682/25/14 at 8:27amQuote:
Can anyone point me to the M8 specs that show this 1.5W (full gain switch I suspect?) output, and at what ohms?
emailed CEntrance weeks ago asking for output specs with gain switch on high, but no answer yet.
thanks,post #4461 of 57682/25/14 at 8:55amQuote:
From there website.
20 Hz...50 kHz (flat EQ circuit)
113 dB (A-weighted)
0.002 % (mid gain position)
-103 dB (at 1kHz)
1, 2, 11 Ohm, selectable
1.4 W (max), 1 W (typical)
-2 dBV (nominal, max gain) use with less-sensitive over-the head headphones
-10 dBV (nominal, mid gain) use for connecting to line-level consumer audio equipment
-22 dBV (nominal, min gain) use with ultra-sensitive IEM headphonespost #4462 of 57682/25/14 at 8:55amQuote:
1.4 W max is full gain at 1 ohms.post #4463 of 57682/25/14 at 11:29amQuote:
I've only listened to the CLAS in two configurations, and I believe the M8 sounds more similar to the original CLAS with the RSA SR-71B, though the M8 has a little more floor noise, and a little more power behind it. At least that's my impression.
I own the CLAS db and pair it with the ALO Mk3 B. This setup has power like the M8, but for some reason I like it more with easier to drive headphones, then the M8, in general. But I do love the Beyer DT1350s, balanced, with the M8. And that kinda breaks my generalization, because they drive quite easily. I don't use in-ears, so I can't offer much there...post #4464 of 57682/25/14 at 8:25pmpost #4465 of 57682/25/14 at 8:32pmI get audio when i go from my headphone jack on my note 2 to the m8 combo jack, but is there a way to use my headphone jack on my note 2 connected to the m8 as an amp? Because the combo jack just bypasses the amp of the m8 correct?post #4466 of 57682/25/14 at 8:43pmQuote:
what!?post #4467 of 57682/25/14 at 8:48pmYea when i go from note 2 headphone out > m8 combo > m8 headphone out I get sound but I think the sound is just bypassing the m8. I want to have some way to go from my phones headphone jack to the m8 that uses the m8 as an amp. Don't know if it's possible or a dumb idea.post #4468 of 57682/25/14 at 9:01pmpost #4469 of 57682/25/14 at 9:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kernel8888
Yea when i go from note 2 headphone out > m8 combo > m8 headphone out I get sound but I think the sound is just bypassing the m8. I want to have some way to go from my phones headphone jack to the m8 that uses the m8 as an amp. Don't know if it's possible or a dumb idea.
Yeah, you're just connecting the wires between the 3.5mm jack and the 4-pin jack, and using the M8 as a "cable"
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 31 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › i-Fi SPDIF iPurifier impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 4 minutes ago
- › New Pioneer XDP-300R - 2xES9018K2M, Balanced, Android 5.1. 2x... 5 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear