The M8 has its own DAC. Assuming you go optical (Toslink) to the M8 LX, the AK1XX DACs are bypassed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 284
Gear mentioned in this thread:
With either A&K offering, you'll be listening to the DAC section of the M8 and not that of the the DAP. Now I believe the ak120 does play a couple more formats, like DSD. That, plus the added storage might swing one to the more expensive offering...
We are (were) knocking on the door several times already but nobody seems home.
I don't think that it's going to happen, at least on the Centrance side. Maybe with an Apple iOS rev. that is backward compatible.
wow, while I am not happy (at all) that 24/96 hasn't been released yet:
I don't share your pessimism about "never", mainly because Michael Goodman all but promised that his team has a patch that updates the M8 to do 24/96 from iDevices.
if they totally bail on that "promise" there'd be some loud backlash I suspect.
maybe they are waiting to do a joint-release of 24/96 with the Mini-M8 ?
anyhow it needs to get done or CEntrance has misled us from the start.
Ill be going with the 100 then thanks
Not really. It's always been ambiguous as to whether they could accomplish it from the downstream DAC/amp side. And they certainly put forth the resources, at least for a while. Maybe they even hit a stone wall...
All true. Lots of maybes. I'd sure like to hear the status / plans / issues / potential time line if there is one. Right now, all most of us remember is 24/96 capability via firmware update, and a long delay to implement the ability to do firmware updates, for this purpose. Frankly, I'd like to have the capability, but won't be too disappointed if it does not materialize, either due to Apple's disinterest or CEntrance not being able to make it work. What does disappoint me a bit at the moment, is Centrance' long radio silence on this subject. Time to speak up, imho.
Sorry about the lack of info. We have been super busy with trade shows, HiFi-M8 production and Mixerface/Mini-M8 development.
The 24/96 upgrade is still in the works and we will have more info very soon!
thanks for the ping here, making sure all (current) M8 customers are updated on this stellar product!
We look forward to you or Michael chiming back in with the "more info soon" on the 24/96 upgrade.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 13 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 27 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Art Club 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-272 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW 2014 SONY MDR-XB950AP/H 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 11 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)