Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 284

post #4246 of 4647

The M8 has its own DAC.  Assuming you go optical (Toslink) to the M8 LX, the AK1XX DACs are bypassed.

post #4247 of 4647

ok thanks

post #4248 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrcrazzy View Post
 

I'm newer sorry if its a dumb question but gotta learn somewhere. Quick question if im going to output to the m8 lx will the dual dacs in the ak 120 make a difference compared to the ak 100? or will it not matter because it will use the m8 dac?

 

With either A&K offering, you'll be listening to the DAC section of the M8 and not that of the the DAP.  Now I believe the ak120 does play a couple more formats, like DSD. That, plus the added storage might swing one to the more expensive offering...

post #4249 of 4647

I wants my 24/96 update for the hifi-m8 ipod version. Nao, prease.

post #4250 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

I wants my 24/96 update for the hifi-m8 ipod version. Nao, prease.
Yup. If Centrance is still listening, now would be a good time to at least comment on status.
post #4251 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post
 

I wants my 24/96 update for the hifi-m8 ipod version. Nao, prease.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post


Yup. If Centrance is still listening, now would be a good time to at least comment on status.

 

We are (were)  knocking on the door several times already but nobody seems home.

post #4252 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post
 

I wants my 24/96 update for the hifi-m8 ipod version. Nao, prease.

 

I don't think that it's going to happen, at least on the Centrance side.  Maybe with an Apple iOS rev. that is backward compatible.

post #4253 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal01 View Post
 

 

I don't think that it's going to happen, at least on the Centrance side.  Maybe with an Apple iOS rev. that is backward compatible.

 

wow, while I am not happy (at all) that 24/96 hasn't been released yet:

 

I don't share your pessimism about "never", mainly because Michael Goodman all but promised that his team has a patch that updates the M8 to do 24/96 from iDevices.

if they totally bail on that "promise" there'd be some loud backlash I suspect.

 

maybe they are waiting to do a joint-release of 24/96 with the Mini-M8 ?

 

anyhow it needs to get done or CEntrance has misled us from the start.

post #4254 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

 

With either A&K offering, you'll be listening to the DAC section of the M8 and not that of the the DAP.  Now I believe the ak120 does play a couple more formats, like DSD. That, plus the added storage might swing one to the more expensive offering...

Ill be going with the 100 then thanks

post #4255 of 4647

Not really.  It's always been ambiguous as to whether they could accomplish it from the downstream DAC/amp side.  And they certainly put forth the resources, at least for a while.  Maybe they even hit a stone wall...

post #4256 of 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal01 View Post
 

Not really.  It's always been ambiguous as to whether they could accomplish it from the downstream DAC/amp side.  And they certainly put forth the resources, at least for a while.  Maybe they even hit a stone wall...


All true.  Lots of maybes.  I'd sure like to hear the status / plans / issues / potential time line if there is one.  Right now, all most of us remember is 24/96 capability via firmware update, and a long delay to implement the ability to do firmware updates, for this purpose.  Frankly, I'd like to have the capability, but won't be too disappointed if it does not materialize, either due to Apple's disinterest or CEntrance not being able to make it work.  What does disappoint me a bit at the moment, is Centrance' long radio silence on this subject.  Time to speak up, imho.

post #4257 of 4647

Does Michael even monitor this thread anymore?  I know it's all about their MixerFace these days.

post #4258 of 4647

Hey All,

 

Sorry about the lack of info. We have been super busy with trade shows, HiFi-M8 production and Mixerface/Mini-M8 development.

 

The 24/96 upgrade is still in the works and we will have more info very soon!

 

-Kenny

post #4259 of 4647

Kenny,

 

thanks for the ping here, making sure all (current) M8 customers are updated on this stellar product!

 

We look forward to you or Michael chiming  back in with the "more info soon" on the 24/96 upgrade.

post #4260 of 4647
Thanks Kenny.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread