Woohoo! Mine just arrived. I ordered it in mid October, so I am pretty happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 12/16/14 at 8:47am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 281
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know how you feel or I like to pretend that I do.. Anyhow, happy listening...enjoy it and throw some good stuff to combine/match/seek for with the M8 and you won't regret the wait or the price you paid...unless you got it for free..
Our new portable recording interface 'MixerFace' crowd funding campaign is live on Indiegogo! See what we've been working on in the last several months. Please share among all of your channels ASAP.
for some reason I fear the firmware/patching updates to the M8 just took another delay with CEntrance resources going toward another new crowd-source product....
Dunno.... HiFi-M8 is making them money. Money helps.
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted Centrance to develop after HiFiM8. It looks really nice, except I'd like to have the volume controls on the front panel of the unit. It's the most natural way of using an interface, if you want to use it for more than just recording. I believe the inputs could live just fine on the back.
Now if you would be so kind to answer some questions, I'd appreciate it.
Is the DA and amp section comparable to those in M8? Can you detail a bit on this one? Will it also work as a DA/Amp for the iPhone/iPad? Will it properly drive a Tesla T1? Can the unit be powered through the usb port from a Mac? As you can see from these questions I'm interested in a portable audio interface having the power/audio quality of the M8.
Sorry for the questions, but I'd like to have all the infos before jumping on it.
Edited by tumburu - 1/7/14 at 12:50pm
I would not recommend this way of charging the M8. It will take almost forever to charge the M8 this way. You are much better off using an external battery pack with 19V output like the one from Energizer XP8000 or XP18000.
The battery charging indicator light behaves the same way regardless whether M8 is on or off. The only difference is it takes longer to fully-charge M8 when it's turned on than when it's off.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The power of music 29 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BEYERDYNAMIC T1 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 3 minutes ago
- › Old Audioengine A5 massive pops, crackle 5 minutes ago
- › My 32GB Flash IPod Mini 6 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)