Woohoo! Mine just arrived. I ordered it in mid October, so I am pretty happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 281
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know how you feel or I like to pretend that I do.. Anyhow, happy listening...enjoy it and throw some good stuff to combine/match/seek for with the M8 and you won't regret the wait or the price you paid...unless you got it for free..
Our new portable recording interface 'MixerFace' crowd funding campaign is live on Indiegogo! See what we've been working on in the last several months. Please share among all of your channels ASAP.
for some reason I fear the firmware/patching updates to the M8 just took another delay with CEntrance resources going toward another new crowd-source product....
Dunno.... HiFi-M8 is making them money. Money helps.
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted Centrance to develop after HiFiM8. It looks really nice, except I'd like to have the volume controls on the front panel of the unit. It's the most natural way of using an interface, if you want to use it for more than just recording. I believe the inputs could live just fine on the back.
Now if you would be so kind to answer some questions, I'd appreciate it.
Is the DA and amp section comparable to those in M8? Can you detail a bit on this one? Will it also work as a DA/Amp for the iPhone/iPad? Will it properly drive a Tesla T1? Can the unit be powered through the usb port from a Mac? As you can see from these questions I'm interested in a portable audio interface having the power/audio quality of the M8.
Sorry for the questions, but I'd like to have all the infos before jumping on it.
Edited by tumburu - 1/7/14 at 12:50pm
I would not recommend this way of charging the M8. It will take almost forever to charge the M8 this way. You are much better off using an external battery pack with 19V output like the one from Energizer XP8000 or XP18000.
The battery charging indicator light behaves the same way regardless whether M8 is on or off. The only difference is it takes longer to fully-charge M8 when it's turned on than when it's off.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 17 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro's replacing cable problem 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2