Woohoo! Mine just arrived. I ordered it in mid October, so I am pretty happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
okay i am putting up this review after a lot of usage with these so called"garbage bin miracles". 1.packaging-simple,nothing wonderous here,and custom accesories 2.cable-seriously a let down but...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 281
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know how you feel or I like to pretend that I do.. Anyhow, happy listening...enjoy it and throw some good stuff to combine/match/seek for with the M8 and you won't regret the wait or the price you paid...unless you got it for free..
Our new portable recording interface 'MixerFace' crowd funding campaign is live on Indiegogo! See what we've been working on in the last several months. Please share among all of your channels ASAP.
for some reason I fear the firmware/patching updates to the M8 just took another delay with CEntrance resources going toward another new crowd-source product....
Dunno.... HiFi-M8 is making them money. Money helps.
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted Centrance to develop after HiFiM8. It looks really nice, except I'd like to have the volume controls on the front panel of the unit. It's the most natural way of using an interface, if you want to use it for more than just recording. I believe the inputs could live just fine on the back.
Now if you would be so kind to answer some questions, I'd appreciate it.
Is the DA and amp section comparable to those in M8? Can you detail a bit on this one? Will it also work as a DA/Amp for the iPhone/iPad? Will it properly drive a Tesla T1? Can the unit be powered through the usb port from a Mac? As you can see from these questions I'm interested in a portable audio interface having the power/audio quality of the M8.
Sorry for the questions, but I'd like to have all the infos before jumping on it.
Edited by tumburu - 1/7/14 at 12:50pm
I would not recommend this way of charging the M8. It will take almost forever to charge the M8 this way. You are much better off using an external battery pack with 19V output like the one from Energizer XP8000 or XP18000.
The battery charging indicator light behaves the same way regardless whether M8 is on or off. The only difference is it takes longer to fully-charge M8 when it's turned on than when it's off.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 27 seconds ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 2 minutes ago
- › Celsus Sound Companion One, 32/384 USB, iOS/Android, 24/192 Wi-Fi... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Enjoy 25% off - Sennheiser MOMENTUM Ingress! 6 minutes ago
- › Portable spectrum analyzer? 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by dancho
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by HUM24H
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3