So I am looking for a good setup without a huge cost (don't want to spend thousands). This means if I can get a good portable and desktop rig in one device, that would be awesome! This has lead me to the HiFi M8. I have a few questions however, and don't want to dig through 272 pages to see if they have been answered somewhere. Can someone quickly help?
- I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-MA900's, and Alpha Dog headphones. I take it this DAC/AMP sounds great on all of those?
- If I have it plugged in and used as my desktop rig most of the time, am I harming the battery for when I do want to take it mobile?
- I notice people like to bundle this thing with a source device, and I have heard if you use an iPhone, you can get interference with the radio. If I plan on using a longer cable and not have the iPhone right next to it, does this reduce the chance of interference? Also the only time I would be using it for mobile, is on a plane. Do I have to worry about interference it in airplane mode?
- Any inexpensive MP3 players with optical out?
- USB vs Optical from the desktop... any advantages for one or the other?
- When hooked up to the computer from the USB, does it just show up as a sound card, or is it something special that something like foobar2000 knows how to send files too?
I am sure I have 50 other questions, but those are the most important ones :)
Edited by JeremyR - 12/9/13 at 7:59am