Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 271

post #4051 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEar View Post
 

Myself, I'm still looking forward to my M8, from the tail end of the pre-orders.

Hoping Santa Centrance still has me on the "nice" list.

 

hmm me too.

 

for those who have received your order, did centrance send you a shipping notification when it was sent? or did it just show up?

post #4052 of 5043
People aeem to usually get a shipping notification email.

Those who have recently recieved their hifi-m8, when did you order?
And those still waiting when did you place your order?
post #4053 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

People aeem to usually get a shipping notification email.

Those who have recently recieved their hifi-m8, when did you order?
And those still waiting when did you place your order?

 

ordered september 13

 

Heard quite a few ETAs from centrance but as yet no product. No response to email lately either.

 

Funny thing though I could walk into a local shop and buy one tomorrow.... :rolleyes:

 

 

Blog was updated today. One quote im curious about:

 

Quote:

Where do we stand with shipping?

Great news! All preorders have been sent out! Yet more orders are coming in daily.

 

I'd like to know exactly what they define as a "preorder"

post #4054 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshark View Post

ordered september 13

Heard quite a few ETAs from centrance but as yet no product. No response to email lately either.

Funny thing though I could walk into a local shop and buy one tomorrow.... rolleyes.gif


Blog was updated today. One quote im curious about:


I'd like to know exactly what they define as a "preorder"
I would think it is orders that were placed during the preorder period before the M8 was released.
post #4055 of 5043
This depends on your head/ear phones.

As an example, with multi driver CUEMs like the JHA13, there are several drivers covering different frequency ranges, each with slightly different impedance.

As a result, if the output impedance if the amp (m8) is too high, you actually loose power across some frequencies - for the JHA it's the lows. So, for drivers like CIEMs, you want the lowest impedance possible

If I switch impedance settings I can plainly hear bass dropout as I go up.

What headphones are you using?
post #4056 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshark View Post
 

 

hmm me too.

 

for those who have received your order, did centrance send you a shipping notification when it was sent? or did it just show up?

 

I received an email telling me to be on the look out, and was given a tracking number.

 

Mine arrived on 11/26, and I ordered it on 5/20 or so...


Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 12/8/13 at 4:50am
post #4057 of 5043
When was the final, final , final cutoff date for preorders, i forget.
May, June?

I think i received my early version in July....was it?

Too late in the evening for me to trawl through my old posts.
post #4058 of 5043

Why don't people just order from TTVJ? I got mine from there. Is this a version before the bug was noticed?

post #4059 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

When was the final, final , final cutoff date for preorders, i forget.
May, June?

I think i received my early version in July....was it?

Too late in the evening for me to trawl through my old posts.

 

End of May.  I was most likely one of the last, if not the last, preorder...

post #4060 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshark View Post

ordered september 13

Blog was updated today. One quote im curious about:

I'd like to know exactly what they define as a "preorder"

Well it looks like the blog says that "pre-orders" have all shipped, but "backorders" are still being filled. I guess it depends..Did you pay the lower pre-order price? Or place a regular order? Either way, another email to CEntrance is probably not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLaurenson View Post

This depends on your head/ear phones.

As an example, with multi driver CUEMs like the JHA13, there are several drivers covering different frequency ranges, each with slightly different impedance.

As a result, if the output impedance if the amp (m8) is too high, you actually loose power across some frequencies - for the JHA it's the lows. So, for drivers like CIEMs, you want the lowest impedance possible

If I switch impedance settings I can plainly hear bass dropout as I go up.

What headphones are you using?

I suppose also different CIEM's will react differently to a higher output impedance of the source. My 8.A the bass gets looser and less focused at the 11 ohm setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle View Post

Why don't people just order from TTVJ? I got mine from there. Is this a version before the bug was noticed?

The "bug" of the playback stopping on the classic when the power plug is first connected? Although a minor issue, CEntrance is aware and I'm pretty sure they will address it in a firmware update if your unit is affected.
post #4061 of 5043

Thanks for the info thegrobe, it is much appreciated. I will only use the amp with my MacBook Pro. I trust there are no bugs if I only use it that way?

post #4062 of 5043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle View Post

Thanks for the info thegrobe, it is much appreciated. I will only use the amp with my MacBook Pro. I trust there are no bugs if I only use it that way?

No problem. I'm not aware of any other bugs...but then again maybe there's something else I'm not aware of? Others may chime in...

Honestly I haven't used the M8 much with computer as source, but have tried it some (Windows). With my limited usage, I can say the CEntrance drivers are great. Simple and reliable. No bugs or problems I've noticed with drivers or the M8 itself. Same experience I had with the dacmini. I can only wish the drivers for my dedicated desktop DAC were as good. I think on MacBook you don't the need drivers though?
post #4063 of 5043
^^^ no drivers required with Mac/ OS X.
post #4064 of 5043

Thanks once again for the info. I have also never heard of any problems with a laptop setup. But asked because I wasn't sure. Can't wait to get mine!

post #4065 of 5043

Woohoo, great to know! Thanks for the info!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread