I think others have reported that they get intermittent clicks or pops when using the M8. I am getting that, too, and it is starting to get a little distracting. Using the M8 with a Window 7-64bit computer. Happens with both Pandora and Foobar2000. Has anyone figured out what it is or how to stop it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 250post #3736 of 580110/15/13 at 6:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3737 of 580110/15/13 at 7:47amQuote:
This is probably a silly question but how do you transfer high rez music to your iPhone? iTunes does not allow me to sync my iPhone or iPod Classic with anything more than 48/16. The other question is how did you play these files from the iPhone through the M8? Does it support 192/24 already? How can I get this upgrade?post #3738 of 580110/15/13 at 8:21ampost #3739 of 580110/15/13 at 9:42amQuote:With all due respect for his effort, Kenny is not an engineer. He works in production, so we should forgive him for not knowing how the circuit operates. HiFi-M8 features a balanced output. The balanced nature of the ouput reduces interference, improves signal to noise ratio and minimizes cross talk between the channels. The amplifier is more sophisticated than what Kenny described. He and I will sit down for a lesson in analog electronicsOriginally Posted by ExpatinJapan
From Kenny at Centrance
Via email, it should be ok to repost here as its straightforward answer.
Michael can go further into detail later after the busy October trade shows have finished.
(I asked about the 4pin XLR version).
The unit does only have one amplifier, which means that all outputs are controlled equally with the gain and volume control.
There is a separated circuit board that balances the signal right before the the 4-pin XLR output.
The unit provides enough clean power to allow all three headphone outputs to be used simultaneously without any loss or degradation to the signal.post #3740 of 580110/15/13 at 11:20ampost #3741 of 580110/15/13 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan
Listening to a few tracks via the new beta of an upcoming Flac app for OS (app name withheld for the time being).
Finally an OS app that includes/displays bitrates and other information (not all info displayed in the pictures).
Hifi-M8, iphone4 (as transport) and ATH-ESW11.
Looking forward to the 24/96 fully unlocked!
Expat, this is a good looking app. Clean and informative. I would use that if I didn't have an ipod classic with a lot of AIFF files on it. I'd be happy to hear more on how the app sounds with the m8. Any noticeable difference compared to the stock player, assuming you have a copy of either album in a format playable on the stock player?
Hoping to get me m8 by the weekend. Can't wait to try it with my HE-500s.post #3742 of 580110/15/13 at 12:55pmpost #3743 of 580110/15/13 at 12:57pm
This is probably a silly question but how do you transfer high rez music to your iPhone? iTunes does not allow me to sync my iPhone or iPod Classic with anything more than 48/16. The other question is how did you play these files from the iPhone through the M8? Does it support 192/24 already? How can I get this upgrade?
The 192/24 currently play through USB only. The 96/24 is coming. So, all of the FLAC files are reduced to the current bit/sample rates of the Hifi-M8 and iPhone combo.
You put a FLAC app on your iPhone and bypass iTunes as a player and sync your large files through the app connection in iTunes. It's just like using GoodReader or a similar app.post #3744 of 580110/15/13 at 12:58pmpost #3745 of 580110/15/13 at 2:33pmpost #3746 of 580110/15/13 at 3:04pmOk guys, I have the LX version. Can I just get an ipod touch 4th gen and cck. Update to the new ios and never have to update the ipod again? Is that even possible?
Assuming the updated 4th gen and cck works with the LX.post #3747 of 580110/15/13 at 4:17pmpost #3748 of 580110/15/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
I was told that the new cables were to arrive tomorrow, and they would ship mine (and others who paid before May 1st) as soon as the cables come in.
I guess it really just depends on if the cable delivery is timely.post #3749 of 580110/15/13 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
With all due respect for his effort, Kenny is not an engineer. He works in production, so we should forgive him for not knowing how the circuit operates. HiFi-M8 features a balanced output. The balanced nature of the ouput reduces interference, improves signal to noise ratio and minimizes cross talk between the channels. The amplifier is more sophisticated than what Kenny described. He and I will sit down for a lesson in analog electronics
In all seriousness now, thanks for clearing that up whilst we were busy gathering false and incorrect information :)post #3750 of 580110/15/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Yeah, it seems that the ipod touch 4G will stay on OS 6x unfortunately.
I should have sprung extra for the touch 5G (I bought it cause I didnt want to purchase another custom cable-lightning).
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/15/13 at 4:52pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 1 minute ago
- › Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 4 minutes ago
- › Over-the-ear headphones which keep ears cool 5 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear