or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 238

post #3556 of 5768

Got a promotion on the same day as finding out have missed out on the 13% flash discount code...

 

So conflicted at this moment...

post #3557 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post
 

I just upgraded to IOS7 a few days ago and noticed that the M8 doesn't charge the iPhone while it is being used as a source anymore.  I can see the battery power slowly go down.  

 

In IOS6, the iPhone 4S still seemed to charge from the M8.  Anyone else having the same issue?  My battery life with IOS7 and no M8 has been about the same since the upgrade so this is the only thing I've noticed that has changed.

 

utdeep, the HiFi-M8 only charges an iDevice when the HiFi-M8 itself is being powered/charged by its own power adapter. Is it charging your iOS7 device when it (the HiFi-M8) is plugged into the wall?

post #3558 of 5768

how much benefit have people found the hifi m8 to give with higher end iems? (say $600+)

 

Is the benefit for iems worth upgrading to it from a 3 or 400 portable amp/dac

post #3559 of 5768

Jude,

 

You're right!  I guess I misunderstood the charging capability of the M8 vs the Theorem.  I've been spoiled by the Cypher Labs CLAS -db.

post #3560 of 5768

my first plane trip with my HiFi-M8!!  LOVED it

 

I ended up talking to and giving a demo, on the plane, to this young couple who LOVED it!!!!

They both got to use their own iPhones as the source after I played them something from 

my iPod Classic

 

post #3561 of 5768

Mine's ready!  Going to pick it up from CEntrance tomorrow!

post #3562 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post
 

my first plane trip with my HiFi-M8!!  LOVED it

 

I ended up talking to and giving a demo, on the plane, to this young couple who LOVED it!!!!

They both got to use their own iPhones as the source after I played them something from 

my iPod Classic

 

 

You must have given the Air Marshal a scare when you whipped out these sinister looking equipment on board! 

 
By the way, I notice you are using the supplied Centrance wire. Somehow I expected a bespoke custom wire costing more than the Mad Dogs itself?
post #3563 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post
 

 

You must have given the Air Marshal a scare when you whipped out these sinister looking equipment on board! 

 
By the way, I notice you are using the supplied Centrance wire. Somehow I expected a bespoke custom wire costing more than the Mad Dogs itself?

 

:atsmile:

Yep!  I know that's a reasonable expectation given my desire to try all sorts of different cables on anything to try and squeeze more performance/musicality

out of my components!

 

But, after trying my Moon Audio USB LOD (cryo'd by Synergistic Research) I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't hear any differences actually.

After all, the Moon cable sticks out.  The CEntrance cable is nice and short - so it also makes for a nicer, cleaner presentation AND delivers the sonic

goods!

 

That said, I have heard differences using the Moon Audio cable on other rigs (like my Sony PHA-1) but CEntrance is always on top of their game in all

respects!  I'm even trying to get another CEntrance 30-pin to USB for use with my other portables!!

post #3564 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post
 

 

 I'm even trying to get another CEntrance 30-pin to USB for use with my other portables!!

A new product line for Centrance then.

post #3565 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

atsmile.gif
Yep!  I know that's a reasonable expectation given my desire to try all sorts of different cables on anything to try and squeeze more performance/musicality
out of my components!

But, after trying my Moon Audio USB LOD (cryo'd by Synergistic Research) I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't hear any differences actually.
After all, the Moon cable sticks out.  The CEntrance cable is nice and short - so it also makes for a nicer, cleaner presentation AND delivers the sonic
goods!

That said, I have heard differences using the Moon Audio cable on other rigs (like my Sony PHA-1) but CEntrance is always on top of their game in all
respects!  I'm even trying to get another CEntrance 30-pin to USB for use with my other portables!!
In the Centrance store for $49 aren't they?

Edit - link
Edited by aamefford - 9/18/13 at 6:21pm
post #3566 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post


In the Centrance store for $49 aren't they?

Edit - link

 

5.00 lbs. weight?   The M8 only weighs 3.00 lbs. shipped.    :)

post #3567 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post

5.00 lbs. weight?   The M8 only weighs 3.00 lbs. shipped.    smily_headphones1.gif
It must be big. Bigger is better. Seriously, Michael and crew having a bit of fun maybe?
post #3568 of 5768
Hi just checking if it's possible to use the M8 as DAC only and hook it up on a desktop amp? Is it just a straight connection from the M8's output jack to a desktop amp input?
Edited by headwhacker - 9/18/13 at 8:23pm
post #3569 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Hi just checking if it's possible to use the M8 as DAC only and hook it up on a desktop amp? Is it just a straight connection from the M8's output jack to a desktop amp input?

 

Several pages back, Michael had the proper impedance, gain, volume settings to effectively get a line out to use as a DAC.  I don't remember the values, as I don't plan to use the M8 this way.

post #3570 of 5768
Middle gain, full volume. IIRC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread