Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 218

post #3256 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

As I mentioned earlier on a post, Jaben as a dealer could have pre-ordered too. They certainly knew about the M8, and was waiting very long too.

Nothing wrong with that 

post #3257 of 5039

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

As I mentioned earlier on a post, Jaben as a dealer could have pre-ordered too. They certainly knew about the M8, and was waiting very long too.

 

CEntrance said that they are not shipping to dealers now unless they have preordered as individuals. Why did the dealer have 3 or more units in store for general sale?

 

edited: Just saw that a retailer in Taiwan has M8 LX in stock for sale.


Edited by Sopp - 8/31/13 at 9:46am
post #3258 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokushu View Post

So I ordered the M8 non lx version and was wondering what is the best transport to go with it that doesn't cost more than $500.  Right now i have the ipod classic, cowon j3, and sansa clip.  I really hate using itunes and would like to avoid it as much as possible since most of my music is in mp3 or flac format.  I don't want to take the time and convert all my music to apple format and I also don't have the space.  Michael Goodman what would you recommend me using to get the most out of the M8 (if you are reading this).  Thank you to anybody who answered.

well you ordered the idevice version.....so......

I find itunes simple to use on my macbook I dont know what its like for windows users.

I use an ipod touch and flacplayer app, easy to add the music on to that app via itunes.

Other option is something like samsung galaxy s3 using OTG cable to the usb-b port and the OTG app mentioned on the hifi-m8 impressions thread post 2(FAQs).
post #3259 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopp View Post

CEntrance said that they are not shipping to dealers now unless they have preordered as individuals.
So I guess my unit are people who pre-ordered and got cold feet. My gain.
post #3260 of 5039
Question for more experienced owners. Does the single white light go off when charging is complete? Thanks
post #3261 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post

Question for more experienced owners. Does the single white light go off when charging is complete? Thanks

Yes.

post #3262 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

Yes.

Nice to know.

I read somewhere, probably earlier in this thread, that if you leave an iDevice connected when charging the M8, after the M8 is fully charged, the iDevice will then be charged. Is that right? And if so, how come my iDevice doesn't have the charging logo in the battery icon? Or am I confusing this with the Go-Dap Socket which I know definitely does this charging of a connected iDevice.
post #3263 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


I read somewhere, probably earlier in this thread, that if you leave an iDevice connected when charging the M8, after the M8 is fully charged, the iDevice will then be charged. Is that right? And if so, how come my iDevice doesn't have the charging logo in the battery icon? Or am I confusing this with the Go-Dap Socket which I know definitely does this charging of a connected iDevice.

M8 will only charge the connected iDevice when the M8 is connected to a proper power adaptor, and turned to iDevice mode.

post #3264 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

M8 will only charge the connected iDevice when the M8 is connected to a proper power adaptor, and turned to iDevice mode.

My bad. I didn't flick the switch to iDevice mode. I had left it at the center position. Thanks.
post #3265 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


My bad. I didn't flick the switch to iDevice mode. I had left it at the center position. Thanks.

Don't worry. Took me awhile to figure it out. Remember to switch it off after use! I intend to keep the M8 for a long long time, so we have to try to prolong the overall lifespan of the battery. Reduce battery cycles etc.

post #3266 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokushu View Post

So I ordered the M8 non lx version and was wondering what is the best transport to go with it that doesn't cost more than $500.  Right now i have the ipod classic, cowon j3, and sansa clip.  I really hate using itunes and would like to avoid it as much as possible since most of my music is in mp3 or flac format.  I don't want to take the time and convert all my music to apple format and I also don't have the space.  Michael Goodman what would you recommend me using to get the most out of the M8 (if you are reading this).  Thank you to anybody who answered.

 

The non LX version is ment for iDevice support, which you don't want to use.  I would think you would want the LX.  But you still have the dilemma of choosing a transport.  The least expensive DAP I would be willing to use is the AK100, simply because of its wide support of a variety of formats.  But its a budget blower at $699.  Out of curiosity, what bit rates are your music at?  16/44, 16/48, 24/96?

post #3267 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

The non LX version is ment for iDevice support, which you don't want to use.  I would think you would want the LX.  But you still have the dilemma of choosing a transport.  The least expensive DAP I would be willing to use is the AK100, simply because of its wide support of a variety of formats.  But its a budget blower at $699.  Out of curiosity, what bit rates are your music at?  16/44, 16/48, 24/96?

A somewhat cheaper option might be an Android device with USB Audio support. Still a bit of a work in progress though, and all devices confirmed to be working are either smartphones or tablets.

Or we could all go to the X5 thread and petition James to include TOSLINK output wink.gif There's still hope that with the delayed X3 launch the X5's design is not set in stone yet.

post #3268 of 5039
An iDevice version and a used iPod classic 160gb for $150 or so, or a used touch 4G 64gb for under $250. At least that's my plan. I have both.
post #3269 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

An iDevice version and a used iPod classic 160gb for $150 or so, or a used touch 4G 64gb for under $250. At least that's my plan. I have both.

Can a Classic feed 24/96 to a DAC? Or is this available for iOS devices only?

Hardware-wise, Classic seems a lot more attractive to me, even not considering the price.

post #3270 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

Can a Classic feed 24/96 to a DAC? Or is this available for iOS devices only?

Hardware-wise, Classic seems a lot more attractive to me, even not considering the price.

Not that I know, even FLAC player will downsample 24/96 so I guess not.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread