Real world hours oO
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 211
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3152 of 58218/28/13 at 1:25ampost #3153 of 58218/28/13 at 1:34ampost #3154 of 58218/28/13 at 1:50amQuote:Originally Posted by oll180
Sounds like an awesome product. Glad to hear that the mad dogs sound good through the HiFi M8. Definitely going to make the purchase now. Love my mad dogs and am looking forward to my new toy to drive them with. I will be using it mainly via usb for lossless tracks. I was just wondering if the idevice version will work with a rockboxed ipod or will it only work with the ios? Do you or anyone on this thread know the answer to this?
Thanks in advance for any replies/answers:)
As far as I know, Rockbox downsamples to 16/41 (or 16/48) anyway, so with a rockboxed iPod, 24/96 wouldn't be possible.post #3155 of 58218/28/13 at 2:20amQuote:
So there is still digital output even if you have Rockbox as a frontend? (as in an iPod classic will work with the Hifi-M8 even with rockbox firmware?)post #3156 of 58218/28/13 at 2:48amForgetting for the moment that this thing is also portable, anyone have any thoughts on how it sounds compared to the DACmini cx? I'm looking at driving a pair of HE-500 and a pair of Momentum...
Edited by PolkManiac - 8/28/13 at 2:49ampost #3157 of 58218/28/13 at 4:40am
Got to demo the HiFi M8 today @ Jaben Bangkok.I have a few observations and questions
After reading so many glowing reports of the M8 I didnt start off easy...most amps can drive easy to drive phones.I wanted to put this thru its trials
First I demo'd the M8 with Sennheiser 650,a phone that I have never heard properly driven by any portable Ive ever tried.Typically all I hear with the 650 is low volume and muddy bass,but today it was a VERY different experience.Pumping ALAC files thru my Ipod touch 3G of Metallica,Eagles,Pink Floyd,Bob Marley,Queensryche...etc...The 650 kicked my *****!!!! The HiFi M8 had those 650s rumbling with clear,clean deep bass with zero distortion and plenty of room left on the volume dial for more!
Now I understand why everyone recommended the 650 to me before...it only took the M8 to allow me to hear the 650 for the first time properly driven to understand why the 650 has so many fans.
Then I tried the M8 with the T1 and was blown away...just amazingly crystal clear detail,everything the T1 is supposed to give you,it did in this demo...I was shocked!
In my opinion,the M8 is a game changer.....I am very impressed!
Now enough for the good stuff,heres a slight downer...something that made no sense to me or the guy @ Jaben...My Ipod touch went from a full charge to less than half charge in under 40 minutes when coupled with the M8...I understand the M8 isnt supposed to be a drain on player' batteries,but for some reason my Ipod just drained at an alarming rate.....Im not saying this is the M8's fault,im just reporting what happened.If anyone has some insight as to what might have caused this,please let me know.
And now for a tech question: Is it possible to run the M8 in-line through a home theater surround system?
Bluray player + PS3 > Yamaha receiver via HDMI>Samsung 8000 via HDMI
Can this system configuration be used to have the HiFi M8 as the final component,so that I can do music+movies+games?
The guy at the shop seemed to think the M8 with the optical input could do that,but then that model doesnt support Ipods/Iphones etc...correct?
id like to avoid having to buy a desktop AND a portable headphone amp(for obvious financial reasons) but I was so impressed with the M8 I would be quite satisfied with sq running it thru my home theater as well as for on the go.
Jaben wont have any HiFi M8s for sale until next month(or later) but im already on the list...def getting this!!!
Edited by monsterzero - 8/28/13 at 4:51ampost #3158 of 58218/28/13 at 5:00amQuote:its a step in the right direction.Originally Posted by mgoodmanQuote:
Does this help? Let me know and I will revise. :)
It omits other idevices , only names iphone in the main eye catching header (i passed over the extra information on the right several times). Maybe say Apple or idevices instead of iphone?
It doesnt specify which players work with the LX version. And needs to specify the output/input required more clearly(as above i missed it the first times).
It doesnt talk about using it with a computer.
It doesnt mention android use via OTG and usb-B.
It could be a flow chart with the two main choices on the left, flowing to the next choice of the four outputs.
Always best to make it some and detailed enough for the lowest common denominator.
Also might be good to review the manual in the future after more units get out there.
Another crowd source project perhaps?
Could be good to include some FAQs
....and have it available as a PDF for information and as a source of information for possible interested buyers.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 8/28/13 at 5:04ampost #3159 of 58218/28/13 at 6:19amQuote:
Well, I don't know, actually. Rockboxed iPods still work with LODs, but as far as I know LODs take analog signals. My point was even if it did, it still wouldn't be perfect for hi-res music.post #3160 of 58218/28/13 at 6:26amQuote:
http://lovelycharts.com is a good site for making flow charts etc. Small learning curve.post #3161 of 58218/28/13 at 8:33am
I apologize if I missed it, but is anyone using an iPad mini as a source? Does it work with the M8 with just the lightning to USB cable? I want desperately to use my Note II as my do-everything source, but Android audiophilia is still a generation or two away to be as seemless as an iDevice. I would like whatever toy I get to be multifunctional so the bigger screen for movies, books, and games would be better than an iPod Touch.post #3162 of 58218/28/13 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by FraGGleR
I apologize if I missed it, but is anyone using an iPad mini as a source? Does it work with the M8 with just the lightning to USB cable? I want desperately to use my Note II as my do-everything source, but Android audiophilia is still a generation or two away to be as seemless as an iDevice. I would like whatever toy I get to be multifunctional so the bigger screen for movies, books, and games would be better than an iPod Touch.
It's MFI so I don't see why you can't use it for the iPad.post #3163 of 58218/28/13 at 11:26amQuote:
Are those tats or monster tracks?post #3164 of 58218/28/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
We are now building units with latest firmware code, which allows in-field reprogramming. This means that when the 24/96 features finally drops, we will send you a download link and you will be able to download and upgrade the M8 yourself. Our software guys are currently on vacation and/or sick with a flu, so it's hard for me to give you a timeline, but probably in October. Don't hold me to that though. We are working hard on that, but supporting both old iDevices and new iDevices is one herculean task. All other products support either old or new iDevices, not both.
Thanks Michael! I appreciate the update.post #3165 of 58218/28/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
Are retailers receiving units prior to all pre-orders being satisfied?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 11 seconds ago
- › Headphones for people with big ears 22 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP Onkyo dp-s1 rubato/ Pioneer XDP-30R private 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 3 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project 9 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear