Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 169

post #2521 of 5057
Double post - erased
post #2522 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

This is my first audio gear purchase via the internet actually, i always buy in store here in Tokyo.

That should be it...
post #2523 of 5057

Just emailed Stacie saying that I'm OK waiting for the bug fix.

post #2524 of 5057

CEntrancers,

 

 

obviously with a new product like the M8 "Just Shipping" direct comparisons are sparse, if not non-existent but:

 

During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?

 

Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.

 

Thanks,

post #2525 of 5057
New update on the blog, they are working on a Possible solution for the 24/96 via internet firmware update.

I am still surprised at how fast the package traveled, it must have got all the right transfers.
post #2526 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

I will get with Stacie tomorrow to note this and we will contact you.

Thanks Michael. I'll be anxiously waiting for my unit to come in.

post #2527 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post

During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?

Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.

Thanks,
DACmini is a little louder still due to wall powering. Sonic character is very similar.
post #2528 of 5057

MG,

 

Yet the M8 can also be powered via an AC wall adaptor as well-

so is the DACmini CX "louder" a function also of internal power supply capacities/differences or ?

just curious.  not a deal breaker to either product line for me.   ;-)

 

 

thanks for the fast reply, I'm sure fellow users will begin divulging their listening M8 experiences soon.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post


DACmini is a little louder still due to wall powering. Sonic character is very similar.
post #2529 of 5057
utehuva2.jpg
zegu6etu.jpg

Annnd, it has arrived!

Thanks again Centrance.
post #2530 of 5057

I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.

post #2531 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

utehuva2.jpg
zegu6etu.jpg

Annnd, it has arrived!

Thanks again Centrance.

Wow...

post #2532 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post

MG,

Yet the M8 can also be powered via an AC wall adaptor as well-
so is the DACmini CX "louder" a function also of internal power supply capacities/differences or ?
We had to limit the output power in the M8 ever so slightly to allow longer battery operation. With DACmini, it's full power.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:00pm
post #2533 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

utehuva2.jpg
zegu6etu.jpg

Annnd, it has arrived!

Thanks again Centrance.

Oh good!!!
You are the number one in Aisa:-O
post #2534 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.
We've had a frantic couple of days here. Trying to choose the best course of action wrt shipping vs. not shipping. As reported on the blog, we will be prototyping a solution on Monday. Meantime, we will be shipping out LX units, which are immune from this issue, and communicating with those preorder people who have requested a current unit ASAP. Those ppl who absolutely need 24/96 and are willing to wait, will get a simpler solution, avoiding the hassle of sending things back and forth, but they will get it slightly later.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:10pm
post #2535 of 5057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

 

> So no 3.5mm headphone out?  Will this product be at all compatible with custom IEM's and universals that are relatively sensitive? Meaning is the noise floor quiet enough for no hiss and the gain structure such that the lowest gain allows for a wide band of volume control?

 

Yes, no 3.5mm out. But we will bundle a gold-plated adapter for headphones with the 3.5mm jack, so you would be able to use any headphones. HiFi-M8 has three position gain switch, with enough range to accommodate all headphones on the market.

 

 

Michael is the bundled adapter still part of the plan?

 

Or has this changed for units such as the idevice model which now has 3.5mm out. If so then I understand.


Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/12/13 at 6:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread