- 652 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 169post #2521 of 57917/12/13 at 11:27amDouble post - erased
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 57917/12/13 at 11:29amQuote:
That should be it...post #2523 of 57917/12/13 at 12:04pmpost #2524 of 57917/12/13 at 3:40pm
obviously with a new product like the M8 "Just Shipping" direct comparisons are sparse, if not non-existent but:
During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?
Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.
Thanks,post #2525 of 57917/12/13 at 3:42pmNew update on the blog, they are working on a Possible solution for the 24/96 via internet firmware update.
I am still surprised at how fast the package traveled, it must have got all the right transfers.post #2526 of 57917/12/13 at 3:46pmpost #2527 of 57917/12/13 at 3:58pmpost #2528 of 57917/12/13 at 4:04pm
Yet the M8 can also be powered via an AC wall adaptor as well-
so is the DACmini CX "louder" a function also of internal power supply capacities/differences or ?
just curious. not a deal breaker to either product line for me. ;-)
thanks for the fast reply, I'm sure fellow users will begin divulging their listening M8 experiences soon.post #2529 of 57917/12/13 at 5:22pmpost #2530 of 57917/12/13 at 5:38pm
I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.post #2531 of 57917/12/13 at 5:40pmpost #2532 of 57917/12/13 at 5:55pmQuote:We had to limit the output power in the M8 ever so slightly to allow longer battery operation. With DACmini, it's full power.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:00pmpost #2533 of 57917/12/13 at 6:02pmpost #2534 of 57917/12/13 at 6:07pmQuote:We've had a frantic couple of days here. Trying to choose the best course of action wrt shipping vs. not shipping. As reported on the blog, we will be prototyping a solution on Monday. Meantime, we will be shipping out LX units, which are immune from this issue, and communicating with those preorder people who have requested a current unit ASAP. Those ppl who absolutely need 24/96 and are willing to wait, will get a simpler solution, avoiding the hassle of sending things back and forth, but they will get it slightly later.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:10pmpost #2535 of 57917/12/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
> So no 3.5mm headphone out? Will this product be at all compatible with custom IEM's and universals that are relatively sensitive? Meaning is the noise floor quiet enough for no hiss and the gain structure such that the lowest gain allows for a wide band of volume control?
Yes, no 3.5mm out. But we will bundle a gold-plated adapter for headphones with the 3.5mm jack, so you would be able to use any headphones. HiFi-M8 has three position gain switch, with enough range to accommodate all headphones on the market.
Michael is the bundled adapter still part of the plan?
Or has this changed for units such as the idevice model which now has 3.5mm out. If so then I understand.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/12/13 at 6:15pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Bose QC30 - QuietControl 30 wireless noise canceling earphones -... 36 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 52 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear