- 532 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 169
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That should be it...
obviously with a new product like the M8 "Just Shipping" direct comparisons are sparse, if not non-existent but:
During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?
Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.
I am still surprised at how fast the package traveled, it must have got all the right transfers.
Yet the M8 can also be powered via an AC wall adaptor as well-
so is the DACmini CX "louder" a function also of internal power supply capacities/differences or ?
just curious. not a deal breaker to either product line for me. ;-)
thanks for the fast reply, I'm sure fellow users will begin divulging their listening M8 experiences soon.
I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:00pm
Edited by mgoodman - 7/12/13 at 6:10pm
> So no 3.5mm headphone out? Will this product be at all compatible with custom IEM's and universals that are relatively sensitive? Meaning is the noise floor quiet enough for no hiss and the gain structure such that the lowest gain allows for a wide band of volume control?
Yes, no 3.5mm out. But we will bundle a gold-plated adapter for headphones with the 3.5mm jack, so you would be able to use any headphones. HiFi-M8 has three position gain switch, with enough range to accommodate all headphones on the market.
Michael is the bundled adapter still part of the plan?
Or has this changed for units such as the idevice model which now has 3.5mm out. If so then I understand.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/12/13 at 6:15pm
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 5 minutes ago
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle CMA800 Current Mode Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)