- 2,716 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 5/27/15 at 6:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 162
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too. My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward. But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it. Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.
Pure speculation though
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...
Sorry for the OT...
If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).
It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.
The LX M8 has USB input as well.
No feature, per se, that I know of. They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC. S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference.
Edited by jacal01 - 7/5/13 at 10:55am
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car? Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster. I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/6/13 at 8:35pm
tjcheong - thank you for these photos! They really show the size and scale well. It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots. For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around. It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own. Thank you again - very nice photos!
We are locking things in next week if we haven't done so already and Stacie will be in touch with everyone who is getting a unit.
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › PS4 Gaming without virtual surround sound? 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs new product : Vacuum tube Headphone Amplifier PRAUTES 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oldest headphones you currently own and use. 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2