- 4,053 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 162post #2416 of 58217/5/13 at 12:33amExciting. Gonna be fun times on the impressions thread soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 58217/5/13 at 3:16amQuote:
I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too. My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward. But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it. Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.
Pure speculation thoughpost #2418 of 58217/5/13 at 6:29ampost #2419 of 58217/5/13 at 6:33amQuote:
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...
Sorry for the OT...post #2420 of 58217/5/13 at 7:35amQuote:
If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).
It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.post #2421 of 58217/5/13 at 10:51amQuote:
The LX M8 has USB input as well.Quote:
No feature, per se, that I know of. They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC. S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference.
Edited by jacal01 - 7/5/13 at 10:55ampost #2422 of 58217/5/13 at 11:19ampost #2423 of 58217/6/13 at 7:03pmQuote:Yes, it may be like your Cadillac We are measuring the discharge profile now, hopefully it will be relatively linear, but I agree, this tweakmanship may be going a bit to far...Originally Posted by pspivak
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car? Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster. I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/6/13 at 8:35pmpost #2424 of 58217/6/13 at 9:48pmpost #2425 of 58217/6/13 at 10:06pm
tjcheong - thank you for these photos! They really show the size and scale well. It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots. For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around. It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own. Thank you again - very nice photos!post #2426 of 58217/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #2427 of 58217/6/13 at 11:07pmQuote:
We are locking things in next week if we haven't done so already and Stacie will be in touch with everyone who is getting a unit.post #2428 of 58217/7/13 at 1:47ampost #2429 of 58217/7/13 at 8:29amQuote:
Thank you.post #2430 of 58217/7/13 at 9:54am
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Hungry for a taste of better sound, sub-$100 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 6 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear