- 2,607 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/9/15 at 4:30am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 162
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too. My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward. But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it. Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.
Pure speculation though
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...
Sorry for the OT...
If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).
It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.
The LX M8 has USB input as well.
No feature, per se, that I know of. They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC. S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference.
Edited by jacal01 - 7/5/13 at 10:55am
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car? Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster. I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/6/13 at 8:35pm
tjcheong - thank you for these photos! They really show the size and scale well. It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots. For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around. It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own. Thank you again - very nice photos!
We are locking things in next week if we haven't done so already and Stacie will be in touch with everyone who is getting a unit.
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hakko FX-888D question 8 seconds ago
- › Swans M200 Active 2 Channel Multimedia Speakers 20 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 40 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice 8323 vs Superlux HD-681 EVO 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for Head-Fi Members in the Nashville / Middle Tennessee /... 2 minutes ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)