- 2,585 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 12/16/14 at 8:47am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 162
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too. My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward. But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it. Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.
Pure speculation though
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...
Sorry for the OT...
If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).
It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.
The LX M8 has USB input as well.
No feature, per se, that I know of. They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC. S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference.
Edited by jacal01 - 7/5/13 at 10:55am
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car? Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster. I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/6/13 at 8:35pm
tjcheong - thank you for these photos! They really show the size and scale well. It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots. For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around. It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own. Thank you again - very nice photos!
We are locking things in next week if we haven't done so already and Stacie will be in touch with everyone who is getting a unit.
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › multi vs single driver IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 8 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › How Can I Trust Head-Fi Reviews? 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)