- 2,515 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 162
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too. My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward. But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it. Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.
Pure speculation though
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...
Sorry for the OT...
If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).
It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.
The LX M8 has USB input as well.
No feature, per se, that I know of. They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC. S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference.
Edited by jacal01 - 7/5/13 at 10:55am
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car? Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster. I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/6/13 at 8:35pm
tjcheong - thank you for these photos! They really show the size and scale well. It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots. For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around. It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own. Thank you again - very nice photos!
We are locking things in next week if we haven't done so already and Stacie will be in touch with everyone who is getting a unit.
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 18 seconds ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamics DT880 600ohm, Dual Entry w/ 2 cables 44 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend Speakers for my room? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd SA-31SE 4 minutes ago
- › Fixing an ATH-M50x 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)