Just sent an email. I can't wait!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 2:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This cable seems to be useful for Android phones:
I wonder if there were anything like that with a shorter length.
Just wanted to say thanks for the interest in HiFi-M8! As was mentioned, we are taking down 40 pre-orders at about $560. Anyone that is interested just needs to e-mail HiFi-M8@centrance.com. Please include your name and head-fi logon. These are the names that have stated they are interested in pre-order:
For those that have already sent an e-mail, could you please send another with your head-fi logon if it was not included. We are compiling the list of the first 40 people and will then give ordering information.
I am confused with all these XLR and balanced jacks, inputs, outputs etc etc. Will this device have a jack for use of iems and low output impedance as well? If not, then I'll probably withdraw my pre-order and give my spot to someone else who can benefit it.
Yeah - you are not the only one who's confused :) Sorry - it is in fact confusing, but the good news is that we are here to un-confuse this thing and make it right.
HiFi-M8 makes it easy to swap the side panels and change out the connector. We plan to make enough side panels of each variety:
- Two 3-pin combo XLRs, which double up as two 1/4" unbalanced jacks
- One 4-pin XLR + One x 1/4" jack
When emailing us about pre-order, please indicate which option you prefer. If we already have your email, we will respond to you and ask you about your preference. The price is the same for the 3-pin balanced or 4-pin balanced.
We expect that most of the interest at this point is about the regular HiFi-M8, which is the Dual-Input USB/iDevice DAC.
If you are interested in the LX model instead (replaces the iDevice input with optical SPDIF input), please let us know.
The prices and conditions will be mailed out to you once you indicate your interest.
Edited by mgoodman - 10/16/12 at 12:02pm
I'm assuming this means I can share what I'm listening to with another single ended headphone? Any issues plugging two sets in at one time?
such a hard choice between the intruder and centrance m8
ill probably wait for the comparisons between the two
about the centrance m8, it was posted earlier that it can be charged via usb (so no need to bring around the power plug)?
can someone confirm this
since im not really sure if you can run an audeze > m8 off usb power?
Yes, you can plug in two sets of unbalanced phones at once. Impedance and sensitivity specs for every headphone is different, so the output level may not seem the same if one set is harder to drive than the other. This means that if a pair of IEMS and LCD's are plugged in at the same time, the IEMS will be louder. If the headphones are the same or have similar specs, the output level would be the same on each.
To elaborate a little more for CEntrance:
For either balanced output you choose, it will be able to accept 1/4" plugs.
1/4" to 3.5mm plugs adapters will be provided. These are really compact, and can stay plugged into the M8, so you can use it for your IEMs etc.
CEntrance will have to answer the question regarding how well it suits ultra sensitive IEMs.
Edited by eron - 10/16/12 at 5:33pm
Easy to change out the connector? Could someone replace existing 3-pin XLR with a premium product like this for maximum quality?
doubtful, i'd say the model they are using is PCB mount, all the premium audiophile types except cardas afaik are panel mount
Edited by qusp - 10/16/12 at 6:25pm
x2. Would like to know too!
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 7 seconds ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 13 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › world famous astrologer – jyotish specialist +91-9929669787 36 seconds ago
- › LoVe VasHikaRan specialist Baba In Mumbai,Delhi +91-9929669787 1 minute ago
- › LOVE PROBLEM SOLUTION SPECIALIST BABA JI +91-9929669787 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)