Just sent an email. I can't wait!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 17post #241 of 581210/16/12 at 3:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 581210/16/12 at 6:26ampost #243 of 581210/16/12 at 6:40ampost #244 of 581210/16/12 at 10:50ampost #245 of 581210/16/12 at 11:10am
Just wanted to say thanks for the interest in HiFi-M8! As was mentioned, we are taking down 40 pre-orders at about $560. Anyone that is interested just needs to e-mail HiFi-M8@centrance.com. Please include your name and head-fi logon. These are the names that have stated they are interested in pre-order:
For those that have already sent an e-mail, could you please send another with your head-fi logon if it was not included. We are compiling the list of the first 40 people and will then give ordering information.
-Kennypost #246 of 581210/16/12 at 11:50am
I am confused with all these XLR and balanced jacks, inputs, outputs etc etc. Will this device have a jack for use of iems and low output impedance as well? If not, then I'll probably withdraw my pre-order and give my spot to someone else who can benefit it.post #247 of 581210/16/12 at 12:00pm
Yeah - you are not the only one who's confused :) Sorry - it is in fact confusing, but the good news is that we are here to un-confuse this thing and make it right.
HiFi-M8 makes it easy to swap the side panels and change out the connector. We plan to make enough side panels of each variety:
- Two 3-pin combo XLRs, which double up as two 1/4" unbalanced jacks
- One 4-pin XLR + One x 1/4" jack
When emailing us about pre-order, please indicate which option you prefer. If we already have your email, we will respond to you and ask you about your preference. The price is the same for the 3-pin balanced or 4-pin balanced.
We expect that most of the interest at this point is about the regular HiFi-M8, which is the Dual-Input USB/iDevice DAC.
If you are interested in the LX model instead (replaces the iDevice input with optical SPDIF input), please let us know.
The prices and conditions will be mailed out to you once you indicate your interest.
Edited by mgoodman - 10/16/12 at 12:02pmpost #248 of 581210/16/12 at 12:33pmpost #249 of 581210/16/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
I'm assuming this means I can share what I'm listening to with another single ended headphone? Any issues plugging two sets in at one time?post #250 of 581210/16/12 at 1:30pm
such a hard choice between the intruder and centrance m8
ill probably wait for the comparisons between the two
about the centrance m8, it was posted earlier that it can be charged via usb (so no need to bring around the power plug)?
can someone confirm this
since im not really sure if you can run an audeze > m8 off usb power?post #251 of 581210/16/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
Yes, you can plug in two sets of unbalanced phones at once. Impedance and sensitivity specs for every headphone is different, so the output level may not seem the same if one set is harder to drive than the other. This means that if a pair of IEMS and LCD's are plugged in at the same time, the IEMS will be louder. If the headphones are the same or have similar specs, the output level would be the same on each.post #252 of 581210/16/12 at 4:52pmpost #253 of 581210/16/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
To elaborate a little more for CEntrance:
For either balanced output you choose, it will be able to accept 1/4" plugs.
1/4" to 3.5mm plugs adapters will be provided. These are really compact, and can stay plugged into the M8, so you can use it for your IEMs etc.
CEntrance will have to answer the question regarding how well it suits ultra sensitive IEMs.
Edited by eron - 10/16/12 at 5:33pmpost #254 of 581210/16/12 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
Easy to change out the connector? Could someone replace existing 3-pin XLR with a premium product like this for maximum quality?
doubtful, i'd say the model they are using is PCB mount, all the premium audiophile types except cardas afaik are panel mount
Edited by qusp - 10/16/12 at 6:25pmpost #255 of 581210/16/12 at 6:43pm
x2. Would like to know too!
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit wyrd 52 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Budget DAC and amp setup. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear