Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

Hey, stop giving away our secrets! :)

 

Actually, a very detailed description and to the point. I'd love to continue the geekfest, but we might want to take it into the private message thread. Afraid that the rest of the folks here will yawn :)

I really actually enjoy the "geekfest" Not making me yawn at all. Following the development of the M8 has been really very interesting, down to every last little nibble of geek-talk. I wouldn't worry about putting us to sleep....tongue.gif

 

I would be concerned however about those poor gerbils

post #1952 of 5050

Many thanks to AndreYew and MGoodman for their responses and setting me straight.  I have never had the opportunity to watch a product,  any product let alone something as intense as the HiFi M8, being designed and implemented.  This has been a really fun adventure and, in some way, part of the "added value" - to be involved. Once produced I am going to miss the blog and seeing how my unit is coming along.  

 

I didn't order until December 10, 2012.  I am hoping for somewhere around my birthday, June 23.    

post #1953 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

I wonder who's got #1... 

I think Michael mentioned the serial numbers will be a looong digit number...

post #1954 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I think Michael mentioned the serial numbers will be a looong digit number...

 

No. 000000000000001? biggrin.gif

post #1955 of 5050

So this is a totally random question, but where does the name CEntrance come from? And why the capitalized E?

post #1956 of 5050
Quote:
In fact, existing CEntrance USB DACs, DACmini or DACport, can work with the stock Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone using 24/192 capable USB Audio Recorder PRO app:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635892416426250&set=a.634656613216497.1073741826.110473262301504&type=1&theater

 

"Samsung S3 > Centrance DACport > Final Audio Design Heaven VI, blissful!"

 

 

1000

 

 

 

One more USB DAC, FiiO E10, that can only work with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 smartphone using USB Audio Recorder PRO app, can work with the HTC One smartphone without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2235#post_9408453

HTC One > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> FiiO E10 USB DAC/amp >> headphones

 

Hopefully, the new Android-powered HTC One could work with CEntrance USB DACs (DACport, DACmini, upcoming HiFi-M8) without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

post #1957 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post

 

 

One more USB DAC, FiiO E10, that can only work with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 smartphone using USB Audio Recorder PRO app, can work with the HTC One smartphone without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2235#post_9408453

HTC One > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> FiiO E10 USB DAC/amp >> headphones

 

Hopefully, the new Android-powered HTC One could work with CEntrance USB DACs (DACport, DACmini, upcoming HiFi-M8) without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

I will be testing with a Note 2 once I get mine.  When I found out my Note 2 worked with my two DACs at the time without the need for USB Audio Recorder Pro, I put my iPod Touch up for sale.  Hopefully, I wasn't too rash and this works as well.

post #1958 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

@mgoodman.

I am planning to attend the next show in Tokyo, Japan and look forward to trying the hifi-m8 again.

Do we have any updates on ipods/ touch/ iphone / ipads ( more recent models) and what sample bit rates they will be able to play?
I know my ipod touch can play 24/96 tracks with flacplayer app, but if course it gets downsampled.
What will be the final native bit rates for idevices?

I personally would be happy if i can get 24/48 natively with my iphone4.

Thanks again.
Regards.

 

Yes Michael, can we get a final report on the the data transfer bit resolution for the various idevice models before we wrap up this thread?

post #1959 of 5050
There is a brief update on the bit samples on the blog recent comments. Its still not finalized.
post #1960 of 5050

Yes, but for me, it's not about what data bit rates the M8 is now capable of processing, but what the various legacy and current idevices are capable of transmitting to it.  

post #1961 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal01 View Post

Yes Michael, can we get a final report on the the data transfer bit resolution for the various idevice models before we wrap up this thread?

I am hoping that we are not wrapping up this thread...?

I am thinking this is just the beginning of impressions, comparisons, and discussions relating to the Hi-FiM8.
post #1962 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


I am hoping that we are not wrapping up this thread...?

I am thinking this is just the beginning of impressions, comparisons, and discussions relating to the Hi-FiM8.

I don't think it's time to wrap up this development thread.

However, starting a new thread for impressions etc would be advisable.

post #1963 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal01 View Post

Yes, but for me, it's not about what data bit rates the M8 is now capable of processing, but what the various legacy and current idevices are capable of transmitting to it.  

yes, its the same for me.
post #1964 of 5050

Anyone know the timetable for the pre-ordered versions.  I ordered mine quite (just a couple of weeks ago) and I was told that it should be available by June, but somehow I expect that's an optimistic prediction.

post #1965 of 5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


I am hoping that we are not wrapping up this thread...?

I am thinking this is just the beginning of impressions, comparisons, and discussions relating to the Hi-FiM8.

I don't think it's time to wrap up this development thread.

However, starting a new thread for impressions etc would be advisable.

Hopefully who ever starts the impressions thread is someone who has a hifi-m8 on pre-order and isnt someone who just wants to boss/owner of thread.
Seems to happen with a lot of impressions threads on head-fi.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread