- 1,853 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Madison, WI
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 115post #1711 of 58124/3/13 at 8:55amWait, I thought the price was $699. It goes up after pre-order? How much does it go up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1712 of 58124/3/13 at 9:19amQuote:
That's the normal price, there's a different price for the pre-order grouppost #1713 of 58124/3/13 at 10:13ampost #1714 of 58124/3/13 at 10:48am
I think the stress of stretching out product development is at the point that they're suffering an identity crisis over there at CEntrance.
"Call me Next."
"Call me paranoid."
It'll be hopefully therapeutic to finally have working prototype digital PCB builds.post #1715 of 58124/3/13 at 10:55am
I was under the impression that the SPDIF input would be good to 24/192 data resolution, like the USB port. Where did you get that spec?post #1716 of 58124/3/13 at 4:07pmpost #1717 of 58124/3/13 at 4:20pm
Appears to be a very good price for what it is supposed to be.
Write Centrance for the deal.
Edited by Saraguie - 4/4/13 at 11:28ampost #1718 of 58124/3/13 at 5:53pmpost #1719 of 58124/3/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Which is why I was afraid to state the price I paid
If anyone is interested they should be emailing CEntrance directly, this thread is going smoothly so far let's not let anything happen to itpost #1720 of 58124/3/13 at 6:44pmpost #1721 of 58124/3/13 at 8:19pmpost #1722 of 58124/3/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
Yes, it gets asked nearly every other page. No definitive answer yet. Very few phones are capable, and there is no consistency in how Android handles USB audio when it does. I don't think CEntrance should waste too much time on it. And this is coming from an Android user.post #1723 of 58124/3/13 at 8:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by FraGGleR
Yes, it gets asked nearly every other page. No definitive answer yet. Very few phones are capable, and there is no consistency in how Android handles USB audio when it does. I don't think CEntrance should waste too much time on it. And this is coming from an Android user.
Thanks for answering. This looks like a really promising device and I'd definitely get one if I knew it'd work with my S3.post #1724 of 58124/4/13 at 12:28amQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.
We have one 5G Nano, two 6G Nano (using it as a watch), two 30GB 5th gen iPod video, an iPhone 4, three iPhone 4S, two iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 4, and two iPad mini. Will any of those help?post #1725 of 58124/4/13 at 12:33amQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
It's an interesting idea. In fact, we've done just that with DACport when it was first released back in 2009. At that time iPad was still a new product and the first iPads weren't able to work with DACport. The first iPads were limited at 16/48 and didn't "see" DACport because it reported itself as a 24/96 capable device. We released an optional "iPad friendly" firmware, which limited DACport to 44.1/48 and that was enough for it to play nice with the first iPad. The second iPad could already talk to 24/96 devices so the separate "dumb down" firmware was no longer needed, so we stopped offering it to avoid customer confusion.
I can not promise that we will do the same for the M8, because we need to fulfill our original promise and there is a LOT of firmware to deal with.
But later, who knows. Thanks for the suggestion.
I believe the change came with iOS 4, where iOS 3 didn't support 24/96 but 4 did. It was about the same time that many 16/48 USB DACs quit working because Apple decided they drew too much power.
To clarify my previous post, if you need loaner iPods to test yourselves then I can only send either a 30GB 5th gen iPod video, a 5th Gen nano (tall with camera) or 6th Gen nano (watch sized), or an iPhone 4.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 42 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 54 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio K10 ciem 1 minute ago
- › Noble owners: Have you found better eartips? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Wyrd, Free Ship 2 minutes ago
- › Blast From The Past :] 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › What are the most vocal rich closed back headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear