- 1,833 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Madison, WI
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 115post #1711 of 57684/3/13 at 8:55amWait, I thought the price was $699. It goes up after pre-order? How much does it go up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1712 of 57684/3/13 at 9:19amQuote:
That's the normal price, there's a different price for the pre-order grouppost #1713 of 57684/3/13 at 10:13ampost #1714 of 57684/3/13 at 10:48am
I think the stress of stretching out product development is at the point that they're suffering an identity crisis over there at CEntrance.
"Call me Next."
"Call me paranoid."
It'll be hopefully therapeutic to finally have working prototype digital PCB builds.post #1715 of 57684/3/13 at 10:55am
I was under the impression that the SPDIF input would be good to 24/192 data resolution, like the USB port. Where did you get that spec?post #1716 of 57684/3/13 at 4:07pmpost #1717 of 57684/3/13 at 4:20pm
Appears to be a very good price for what it is supposed to be.
Write Centrance for the deal.
Edited by Saraguie - 4/4/13 at 11:28ampost #1718 of 57684/3/13 at 5:53pmpost #1719 of 57684/3/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Which is why I was afraid to state the price I paid
If anyone is interested they should be emailing CEntrance directly, this thread is going smoothly so far let's not let anything happen to itpost #1720 of 57684/3/13 at 6:44pmpost #1721 of 57684/3/13 at 8:19pmpost #1722 of 57684/3/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
Yes, it gets asked nearly every other page. No definitive answer yet. Very few phones are capable, and there is no consistency in how Android handles USB audio when it does. I don't think CEntrance should waste too much time on it. And this is coming from an Android user.post #1723 of 57684/3/13 at 8:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by FraGGleR
Yes, it gets asked nearly every other page. No definitive answer yet. Very few phones are capable, and there is no consistency in how Android handles USB audio when it does. I don't think CEntrance should waste too much time on it. And this is coming from an Android user.
Thanks for answering. This looks like a really promising device and I'd definitely get one if I knew it'd work with my S3.post #1724 of 57684/4/13 at 12:28amQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.
We have one 5G Nano, two 6G Nano (using it as a watch), two 30GB 5th gen iPod video, an iPhone 4, three iPhone 4S, two iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 4, and two iPad mini. Will any of those help?post #1725 of 57684/4/13 at 12:33amQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
It's an interesting idea. In fact, we've done just that with DACport when it was first released back in 2009. At that time iPad was still a new product and the first iPads weren't able to work with DACport. The first iPads were limited at 16/48 and didn't "see" DACport because it reported itself as a 24/96 capable device. We released an optional "iPad friendly" firmware, which limited DACport to 44.1/48 and that was enough for it to play nice with the first iPad. The second iPad could already talk to 24/96 devices so the separate "dumb down" firmware was no longer needed, so we stopped offering it to avoid customer confusion.
I can not promise that we will do the same for the M8, because we need to fulfill our original promise and there is a LOT of firmware to deal with.
But later, who knows. Thanks for the suggestion.
I believe the change came with iOS 4, where iOS 3 didn't support 24/96 but 4 did. It was about the same time that many 16/48 USB DACs quit working because Apple decided they drew too much power.
To clarify my previous post, if you need loaner iPods to test yourselves then I can only send either a 30GB 5th gen iPod video, a 5th Gen nano (tall with camera) or 6th Gen nano (watch sized), or an iPhone 4.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 24 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear