If you want to test older iDevices for legacy compatibility, I've got several: iPhone 3GS and 4S, iPod Touch third gen and 4th gen, iPad (first gen), iPad 2, and an iPad mini. I'm part of the preorder already.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 58143/25/13 at 5:15pmpost #1683 of 58143/26/13 at 7:49ampost #1684 of 58143/26/13 at 8:17ampost #1685 of 58143/26/13 at 8:54am
@Michael: I work for a medium sized software company and I am specifically working on our mobile initiatives. We have many, many mobile devices that we use for testing and I typically cary at least 5 tablets/phones (iOS, Android, Windows) at any time. I would be more than happy to run a HiFi-M8 through its paces if that would help.post #1686 of 58143/26/13 at 10:43ampost #1687 of 58143/26/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.Quote:Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan
Yes, I/We/You know that later pad supports 24/96 via cck. Etc.
also that later ipod touches and iphones can store 24/96 files usually via an app(but not output at 24/96).
My question above is above whether the recent ipod/touch/phones models can store AND play 24/96 natively via hifi-m8.
*i understand if mgoodman may not have an answer yet if he is working on it.Quote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.
This would make the Hifi-m8 quite the game changer for idevice products If your endeavors are successful.post #1688 of 58143/27/13 at 9:37ampost #1689 of 58143/27/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Again, not to belabor the point, but I was wondering if the May deadline is still realistic at this point? Anyone?post #1690 of 58143/27/13 at 8:32pm
With emapthy and respect for those who, unlike me, are waiting to take delivery, I'm nevertheless compelled to say that asking how long it will take for the water to reach a boil doesn't make staring at it any easier, nor does it make the water any hotter.post #1691 of 58143/27/13 at 8:44pmQuote:
Or any faster....post #1692 of 58143/28/13 at 3:55amQuote:
I'm confused on where the project is after reading the blog. That's all.post #1693 of 58143/28/13 at 8:31ampost #1694 of 58143/28/13 at 10:24pm
Looks like we may get it in May afterall? From the latest blog:Quote:
We added one last change to the circuit and finally sent the digital PCB to the factory today.
The raw PCBs will be made next week. We will be stuffing them the following week.
We are making 20 pcs.
If they work fine, we will immediately turn on mass production and make a larger quantity.
It’s 11pm. Time to rest.
Edited by pekingduck - 3/28/13 at 10:25pmpost #1695 of 58143/29/13 at 6:59amQuote:
From mgoodman: I believe he said before the 2nd quarter ends.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 41 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PXC 550 Discussion and Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear