If you want to test older iDevices for legacy compatibility, I've got several: iPhone 3GS and 4S, iPod Touch third gen and 4th gen, iPad (first gen), iPad 2, and an iPad mini. I'm part of the preorder already.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 57683/25/13 at 5:15pmpost #1683 of 57683/26/13 at 7:49ampost #1684 of 57683/26/13 at 8:17ampost #1685 of 57683/26/13 at 8:54am
@Michael: I work for a medium sized software company and I am specifically working on our mobile initiatives. We have many, many mobile devices that we use for testing and I typically cary at least 5 tablets/phones (iOS, Android, Windows) at any time. I would be more than happy to run a HiFi-M8 through its paces if that would help.post #1686 of 57683/26/13 at 10:43ampost #1687 of 57683/26/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.Quote:Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan
Yes, I/We/You know that later pad supports 24/96 via cck. Etc.
also that later ipod touches and iphones can store 24/96 files usually via an app(but not output at 24/96).
My question above is above whether the recent ipod/touch/phones models can store AND play 24/96 natively via hifi-m8.
*i understand if mgoodman may not have an answer yet if he is working on it.Quote:Originally Posted by mgoodman
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.
This would make the Hifi-m8 quite the game changer for idevice products If your endeavors are successful.post #1688 of 57683/27/13 at 9:37ampost #1689 of 57683/27/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Again, not to belabor the point, but I was wondering if the May deadline is still realistic at this point? Anyone?post #1690 of 57683/27/13 at 8:32pm
With emapthy and respect for those who, unlike me, are waiting to take delivery, I'm nevertheless compelled to say that asking how long it will take for the water to reach a boil doesn't make staring at it any easier, nor does it make the water any hotter.post #1691 of 57683/27/13 at 8:44pmQuote:
Or any faster....post #1692 of 57683/28/13 at 3:55amQuote:
I'm confused on where the project is after reading the blog. That's all.post #1693 of 57683/28/13 at 8:31ampost #1694 of 57683/28/13 at 10:24pm
Looks like we may get it in May afterall? From the latest blog:Quote:
We added one last change to the circuit and finally sent the digital PCB to the factory today.
The raw PCBs will be made next week. We will be stuffing them the following week.
We are making 20 pcs.
If they work fine, we will immediately turn on mass production and make a larger quantity.
It’s 11pm. Time to rest.
Edited by pekingduck - 3/28/13 at 10:25pmpost #1695 of 57683/29/13 at 6:59amQuote:
From mgoodman: I believe he said before the 2nd quarter ends.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 3 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Cinder's Hearth - Reviews and Impressions Catalogue 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget dual mono... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear