700 sounds very fair. 550 preorder will be a dream come true!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 582110/9/12 at 8:55ampost #168 of 582110/9/12 at 9:29amQuote:
It's been stated a few times by Michael Goodman from CEntrance that there will be a special pre-order discount, how much that discount is remains to be seen, we'll have to wait until it's announced.post #169 of 582110/9/12 at 3:51pmpost #170 of 582110/9/12 at 5:18pm
I was curious about the new Sony PHA-1, But I am very excited by this product, it seems an all in one.
Debating whether to sell my Fostex hp_p1 for this.
question. I saw the comparison chart on your webpage but am confused by the output power at 1.5W/ch.
(fostex 80mW/ch, sony 175mW/ch).
excuse my technical ignorance.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/9/12 at 7:07pmpost #171 of 582110/9/12 at 6:53pmpost #172 of 582110/9/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Yeah, which means the price of Corvettes will come down!
Get ready for a flood of yesteryear's gear at the For Sale forum.
Somebody should start a museum of pre-HiFi-M8 vintage headphone amps...
Edited by zilch0md - 10/9/12 at 9:08pmpost #173 of 582110/10/12 at 4:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, yup, 1.5 WATTS/channel, not sure when I did the basic math(which I'm not sure if correctly) with the dBV calculations, its still swinging way more power than the whatever the competition has.post #174 of 582110/10/12 at 6:56ampost #175 of 582110/10/12 at 11:12pm
Larry: What headphones will you be bringing to RMAF this year, for demoing your gear?
A: We'll have 880, T1, L2. I still don't own any Sennheisers, so may need to borrow.
Q: Is there any consideration for providing a carrying pouch for the HiFi M8?
A: Eventually, not right away. SQ is first. Accessories second.
Q: The DACport has a nasty on-off thump in the speakers/headphones ... will the M8 have the same?
A: We'll do a decent job muting audio on turn/on/off, so I don't think you'll have the same issues.
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A: At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...
I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal). You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."post #176 of 582110/10/12 at 11:33pmOk mike, iI would like to reserve one now. Pls let me know how I can order it, do I just send to your Paypal of $560 or is the buy now link up already? Feel free to pm me.
Thanks in advance. I am too excited now:D
Edited by Audiowood - 10/10/12 at 11:38pmpost #177 of 582110/11/12 at 1:12amThread Starterpost #178 of 582110/11/12 at 1:24ampost #179 of 582110/11/12 at 1:25amQuote:
I think he means he is a poor student , as in no money ;)
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/11/12 at 1:26ampost #180 of 582110/11/12 at 1:25amQuote:
So this Hifi m8 has more power?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 27 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 35 seconds ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 44 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 53 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear