700 sounds very fair. 550 preorder will be a dream come true!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been stated a few times by Michael Goodman from CEntrance that there will be a special pre-order discount, how much that discount is remains to be seen, we'll have to wait until it's announced.
I was curious about the new Sony PHA-1, But I am very excited by this product, it seems an all in one.
Debating whether to sell my Fostex hp_p1 for this.
question. I saw the comparison chart on your webpage but am confused by the output power at 1.5W/ch.
(fostex 80mW/ch, sony 175mW/ch).
excuse my technical ignorance.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/9/12 at 7:07pm
Yeah, which means the price of Corvettes will come down!
Get ready for a flood of yesteryear's gear at the For Sale forum.
Somebody should start a museum of pre-HiFi-M8 vintage headphone amps...
Edited by zilch0md - 10/9/12 at 9:08pm
Haha, yup, 1.5 WATTS/channel, not sure when I did the basic math(which I'm not sure if correctly) with the dBV calculations, its still swinging way more power than the whatever the competition has.
Larry: What headphones will you be bringing to RMAF this year, for demoing your gear?
A: We'll have 880, T1, L2. I still don't own any Sennheisers, so may need to borrow.
Q: Is there any consideration for providing a carrying pouch for the HiFi M8?
A: Eventually, not right away. SQ is first. Accessories second.
Q: The DACport has a nasty on-off thump in the speakers/headphones ... will the M8 have the same?
A: We'll do a decent job muting audio on turn/on/off, so I don't think you'll have the same issues.
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A: At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...
I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal). You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."
Thanks in advance. I am too excited now:D
Edited by Audiowood - 10/10/12 at 11:38pm
I think he means he is a poor student , as in no money ;)
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/11/12 at 1:26am
So this Hifi m8 has more power?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 11 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 20 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 25 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 58 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3