700 sounds very fair. 550 preorder will be a dream come true!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 3/1/15 at 9:13am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been stated a few times by Michael Goodman from CEntrance that there will be a special pre-order discount, how much that discount is remains to be seen, we'll have to wait until it's announced.
I was curious about the new Sony PHA-1, But I am very excited by this product, it seems an all in one.
Debating whether to sell my Fostex hp_p1 for this.
question. I saw the comparison chart on your webpage but am confused by the output power at 1.5W/ch.
(fostex 80mW/ch, sony 175mW/ch).
excuse my technical ignorance.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/9/12 at 7:07pm
Yeah, which means the price of Corvettes will come down!
Get ready for a flood of yesteryear's gear at the For Sale forum.
Somebody should start a museum of pre-HiFi-M8 vintage headphone amps...
Edited by zilch0md - 10/9/12 at 9:08pm
Haha, yup, 1.5 WATTS/channel, not sure when I did the basic math(which I'm not sure if correctly) with the dBV calculations, its still swinging way more power than the whatever the competition has.
Larry: What headphones will you be bringing to RMAF this year, for demoing your gear?
A: We'll have 880, T1, L2. I still don't own any Sennheisers, so may need to borrow.
Q: Is there any consideration for providing a carrying pouch for the HiFi M8?
A: Eventually, not right away. SQ is first. Accessories second.
Q: The DACport has a nasty on-off thump in the speakers/headphones ... will the M8 have the same?
A: We'll do a decent job muting audio on turn/on/off, so I don't think you'll have the same issues.
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A: At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...
I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal). You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."
Thanks in advance. I am too excited now:D
Edited by Audiowood - 10/10/12 at 11:38pm
I think he means he is a poor student , as in no money ;)
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/11/12 at 1:26am
So this Hifi m8 has more power?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 21 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ECC33/ECC35 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 3 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2