700 sounds very fair. 550 preorder will be a dream come true!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 578310/9/12 at 8:55ampost #168 of 578310/9/12 at 9:29amQuote:
It's been stated a few times by Michael Goodman from CEntrance that there will be a special pre-order discount, how much that discount is remains to be seen, we'll have to wait until it's announced.post #169 of 578310/9/12 at 3:51pmpost #170 of 578310/9/12 at 5:18pm
I was curious about the new Sony PHA-1, But I am very excited by this product, it seems an all in one.
Debating whether to sell my Fostex hp_p1 for this.
question. I saw the comparison chart on your webpage but am confused by the output power at 1.5W/ch.
(fostex 80mW/ch, sony 175mW/ch).
excuse my technical ignorance.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/9/12 at 7:07pmpost #171 of 578310/9/12 at 6:53pmpost #172 of 578310/9/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Yeah, which means the price of Corvettes will come down!
Get ready for a flood of yesteryear's gear at the For Sale forum.
Somebody should start a museum of pre-HiFi-M8 vintage headphone amps...
Edited by zilch0md - 10/9/12 at 9:08pmpost #173 of 578310/10/12 at 4:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, yup, 1.5 WATTS/channel, not sure when I did the basic math(which I'm not sure if correctly) with the dBV calculations, its still swinging way more power than the whatever the competition has.post #174 of 578310/10/12 at 6:56ampost #175 of 578310/10/12 at 11:12pm
Larry: What headphones will you be bringing to RMAF this year, for demoing your gear?
A: We'll have 880, T1, L2. I still don't own any Sennheisers, so may need to borrow.
Q: Is there any consideration for providing a carrying pouch for the HiFi M8?
A: Eventually, not right away. SQ is first. Accessories second.
Q: The DACport has a nasty on-off thump in the speakers/headphones ... will the M8 have the same?
A: We'll do a decent job muting audio on turn/on/off, so I don't think you'll have the same issues.
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A: At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...
I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal). You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."post #176 of 578310/10/12 at 11:33pmOk mike, iI would like to reserve one now. Pls let me know how I can order it, do I just send to your Paypal of $560 or is the buy now link up already? Feel free to pm me.
Thanks in advance. I am too excited now:D
Edited by Audiowood - 10/10/12 at 11:38pmpost #177 of 578310/11/12 at 1:12amThread Starterpost #178 of 578310/11/12 at 1:24ampost #179 of 578310/11/12 at 1:25amQuote:
I think he means he is a poor student , as in no money ;)
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 10/11/12 at 1:26ampost #180 of 578310/11/12 at 1:25amQuote:
So this Hifi m8 has more power?
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › IEM's for under 400 US? 1 minute ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 2 minutes ago
- › V moda Lp2 or Sony mdr 1 A 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear