I will go along with whatever Centrance decides. For Gods' sake, it's a rubber bracelet - nothing more. I am much more concerned about the product itself, not a throw away accessory. If the bracelet is that big of a deal, (a) do not purchase the Hifi-M8, or (b) do a search for them on the 'net. You can buy 50 of them, custom made with your name or logo for $25, including shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not a big deal for me either, like I said in my previous post.... It's only rubber bands. But Michael did say he would offer both, and if he does, I would still prefer inset. I didn't ask him to offer both he offered. So since he's the one who offered both, my preference is still inset. If he offered neither, I'm fine with that too because its only rubber bands. You can get them a dime a dozen.
My 2 cents -
Rubber band controversy? Seriously? I voted for inset, thought it might look nicer. Raised is stronger? Raised it is! Heck, cut a couple donuts out of a bicycle tube. I usually just go down to the hardware store and get a couple of O-rings of appropriate cross section and diameter - works quite well. Raised letter Centrance rubber bands - Cool!
I don't think it's as much as a controversy as it's being made out to be. Like I've said several times now...it's only rubber bands. Even if he decided to offer neither, I would be fine. You can get them a dime a dozen in many places. Michael offered to supply both, and I accepted; nothing more, nothing less. I have a preference, but like I've said now many times. It's not a big deal, just a preference. And since both was offered, I accepted. If he would have came and said...raised letter is all we are offering, then there would have been no need for me to say anything. If he came back and said....I've changed my mind, I'm not offering both anymore, then I'm find with that as well. This is now turning into beating a dead horse, and we should move on.
Sorry was drinking while surfing head-fi. That's the plan is to buy one and use the stock until they release then I will get one. lol CHEERS!
For what it's worth...
I hope Michael and the guys in Chicago are not loosing sleep over the rubber bands. I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
I am not concerned about the rubber bands so much; they are just rubber. Hey, in the immortal words of Chico Escuela (aka Garrett Morris from SNL), "Rubber break, but I can't talk about that".
I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
Look, you know we are sensitive to customer feedback....
Most people voted by clicking the link (thank you), but several people took the time to write to me personally these long emails, explaining how we were basically shooting ourselves in the foot by offering an easy-to-tear rubber band. I should have said this on the blog...
So we decided to test the tearing and learned that the inset bands do in fact tear easily. What happened, is we discovered a bug, on a hunch from several customers. We then felt like we shouldn't release a buggy product out there.
Having said that (are you ready?) -- We CAN offer both bands. I just need to know -- Does the community REALLY want this choice?
I have a hunch the number of options might be getting overwhelming at this point
Let me know...
Maybe the inset was too deep?
I do prefer inset letters more but will go with anything that CEntrance will do I'm sure it'll be amazing anyway
No, but several people have commented on how dinky the volume knob seems.
This came up on another thread (Continental):
While I'm not a big fan of the knob CEntrance is intending to use on the HiFi-M8, I'd much rather it than the one you linked to. That one reminds me of too many DIY projects I've seen. Personally, I would have liked to see something similar to what they used on the DACmini but I think I understand why they've chosen to go the route they did.
I'm also skipping on the CEntrance bands and going with my SUPER ULTRA CUSTOM Blue Dragon Flying Tarantula bands:
EDIT: I just received the Revision 2 Blue Dragon Tarantula's!:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by wormsdriver - 2/15/13 at 4:59am
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 2nd Generation Australasian Tour(s) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 13 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 14 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 14 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)