I will go along with whatever Centrance decides. For Gods' sake, it's a rubber bracelet - nothing more. I am much more concerned about the product itself, not a throw away accessory. If the bracelet is that big of a deal, (a) do not purchase the Hifi-M8, or (b) do a search for them on the 'net. You can buy 50 of them, custom made with your name or logo for $25, including shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not a big deal for me either, like I said in my previous post.... It's only rubber bands. But Michael did say he would offer both, and if he does, I would still prefer inset. I didn't ask him to offer both he offered. So since he's the one who offered both, my preference is still inset. If he offered neither, I'm fine with that too because its only rubber bands. You can get them a dime a dozen.
My 2 cents -
Rubber band controversy? Seriously? I voted for inset, thought it might look nicer. Raised is stronger? Raised it is! Heck, cut a couple donuts out of a bicycle tube. I usually just go down to the hardware store and get a couple of O-rings of appropriate cross section and diameter - works quite well. Raised letter Centrance rubber bands - Cool!
I don't think it's as much as a controversy as it's being made out to be. Like I've said several times now...it's only rubber bands. Even if he decided to offer neither, I would be fine. You can get them a dime a dozen in many places. Michael offered to supply both, and I accepted; nothing more, nothing less. I have a preference, but like I've said now many times. It's not a big deal, just a preference. And since both was offered, I accepted. If he would have came and said...raised letter is all we are offering, then there would have been no need for me to say anything. If he came back and said....I've changed my mind, I'm not offering both anymore, then I'm find with that as well. This is now turning into beating a dead horse, and we should move on.
Sorry was drinking while surfing head-fi. That's the plan is to buy one and use the stock until they release then I will get one. lol CHEERS!
For what it's worth...
I hope Michael and the guys in Chicago are not loosing sleep over the rubber bands. I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
I am not concerned about the rubber bands so much; they are just rubber. Hey, in the immortal words of Chico Escuela (aka Garrett Morris from SNL), "Rubber break, but I can't talk about that".
I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
Look, you know we are sensitive to customer feedback....
Most people voted by clicking the link (thank you), but several people took the time to write to me personally these long emails, explaining how we were basically shooting ourselves in the foot by offering an easy-to-tear rubber band. I should have said this on the blog...
So we decided to test the tearing and learned that the inset bands do in fact tear easily. What happened, is we discovered a bug, on a hunch from several customers. We then felt like we shouldn't release a buggy product out there.
Having said that (are you ready?) -- We CAN offer both bands. I just need to know -- Does the community REALLY want this choice?
I have a hunch the number of options might be getting overwhelming at this point
Let me know...
Maybe the inset was too deep?
I do prefer inset letters more but will go with anything that CEntrance will do I'm sure it'll be amazing anyway
No, but several people have commented on how dinky the volume knob seems.
This came up on another thread (Continental):
While I'm not a big fan of the knob CEntrance is intending to use on the HiFi-M8, I'd much rather it than the one you linked to. That one reminds me of too many DIY projects I've seen. Personally, I would have liked to see something similar to what they used on the DACmini but I think I understand why they've chosen to go the route they did.
I'm also skipping on the CEntrance bands and going with my SUPER ULTRA CUSTOM Blue Dragon Flying Tarantula bands:
EDIT: I just received the Revision 2 Blue Dragon Tarantula's!:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by wormsdriver - 2/15/13 at 4:59am
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 55 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Nwz A25 2 minutes ago
- › Desktop DAC/Amp/Pre around $300:New Matrix, Parasound or Other? 2 minutes ago
- › Which headphones have more bass? HD 598 vs QC25 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...