I will go along with whatever Centrance decides. For Gods' sake, it's a rubber bracelet - nothing more. I am much more concerned about the product itself, not a throw away accessory. If the bracelet is that big of a deal, (a) do not purchase the Hifi-M8, or (b) do a search for them on the 'net. You can buy 50 of them, custom made with your name or logo for $25, including shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not a big deal for me either, like I said in my previous post.... It's only rubber bands. But Michael did say he would offer both, and if he does, I would still prefer inset. I didn't ask him to offer both he offered. So since he's the one who offered both, my preference is still inset. If he offered neither, I'm fine with that too because its only rubber bands. You can get them a dime a dozen.
My 2 cents -
Rubber band controversy? Seriously? I voted for inset, thought it might look nicer. Raised is stronger? Raised it is! Heck, cut a couple donuts out of a bicycle tube. I usually just go down to the hardware store and get a couple of O-rings of appropriate cross section and diameter - works quite well. Raised letter Centrance rubber bands - Cool!
I don't think it's as much as a controversy as it's being made out to be. Like I've said several times now...it's only rubber bands. Even if he decided to offer neither, I would be fine. You can get them a dime a dozen in many places. Michael offered to supply both, and I accepted; nothing more, nothing less. I have a preference, but like I've said now many times. It's not a big deal, just a preference. And since both was offered, I accepted. If he would have came and said...raised letter is all we are offering, then there would have been no need for me to say anything. If he came back and said....I've changed my mind, I'm not offering both anymore, then I'm find with that as well. This is now turning into beating a dead horse, and we should move on.
Sorry was drinking while surfing head-fi. That's the plan is to buy one and use the stock until they release then I will get one. lol CHEERS!
For what it's worth...
I hope Michael and the guys in Chicago are not loosing sleep over the rubber bands. I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
I am not concerned about the rubber bands so much; they are just rubber. Hey, in the immortal words of Chico Escuela (aka Garrett Morris from SNL), "Rubber break, but I can't talk about that".
I just want the best sounding DAC/Amp on the face of the planet. I have no issue with the folks at Centrance loosing sleep over the most reliable, well built, feature laden, power packed, flexible, coolest thing ever. I have faith that Michael will come up with the right product.
Look, you know we are sensitive to customer feedback....
Most people voted by clicking the link (thank you), but several people took the time to write to me personally these long emails, explaining how we were basically shooting ourselves in the foot by offering an easy-to-tear rubber band. I should have said this on the blog...
So we decided to test the tearing and learned that the inset bands do in fact tear easily. What happened, is we discovered a bug, on a hunch from several customers. We then felt like we shouldn't release a buggy product out there.
Having said that (are you ready?) -- We CAN offer both bands. I just need to know -- Does the community REALLY want this choice?
I have a hunch the number of options might be getting overwhelming at this point
Let me know...
Maybe the inset was too deep?
I do prefer inset letters more but will go with anything that CEntrance will do I'm sure it'll be amazing anyway
No, but several people have commented on how dinky the volume knob seems.
This came up on another thread (Continental):
While I'm not a big fan of the knob CEntrance is intending to use on the HiFi-M8, I'd much rather it than the one you linked to. That one reminds me of too many DIY projects I've seen. Personally, I would have liked to see something similar to what they used on the DACmini but I think I understand why they've chosen to go the route they did.
I'm also skipping on the CEntrance bands and going with my SUPER ULTRA CUSTOM Blue Dragon Flying Tarantula bands:
EDIT: I just received the Revision 2 Blue Dragon Tarantula's!:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by wormsdriver - 2/15/13 at 4:59am
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 33 seconds ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 8 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Help pls........ 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)