- 474 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: MN, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:35am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sounds great can't wait!
I figured as much. Glad I found it so you can request the take down of their page.
Sorry if this question has been asked before as I haven't read all posts...
Another feature that would make the M8 really unique would be some way to physically integrate its source. As far as I know, no other DAC/AMP has this feature. On the go I expect that many of us will use an iPod (Classic/Touch) or iPhone. Attaching it with rubber bands perhaps looks cool, but isn't optimal. Now, my question is if this perhaps is in the pipe? If not, what is this on top of the M8?:
Thanks for asking. We are focusing on sound quality at the moment -- the most important feature of the product.
In the future we may in fact make the phone clip, but in the initial release we will supply CEntrance branded rubber bands instead - they will be the right size for most smart phones. The plastic clip is a separate exercise and I simply don't want to be distracted with that at the moment. It's a very complex animal as far as plastic molds are concerned. So, later on that.
I fully understand and respect your prioritization. Sounds very wise indeed! Anyway, you didn't answer my original question: "what is this on top of the M8?" I'm I nagging you now?
Edited by Aero Dynamik - 2/2/13 at 1:58pm
Oh, yes!!! How could I forget this really important feature (seriously). I sometimes listen at night while my wife is presumable asleep, but more than once the LEDs have blown my cover and I get a nudge on the side and my wife's voice saying: "Go to sleep now!".
So please consider it! We must be more than two people having this or similar problems with the too bright LEDs. Well, maybe not. I guess most true audiophiles never marry, or are divorced when all money is nowhere to be found, and the house is full of this really inexpensive, once in a life time deals on hi-fi equipment.
I have a clock radio that's really bright even in its lowest setting so I leave it face down. I know it's turned on because I plugged it in.
I assume the hifi m8 has an on/off switch.
Is it just me that thinks that's a pointless gimmick. It's not a ghetto blaster or a after market car stereo.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Denon AH-D7000 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ath m50x or beats solo2 ? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)