- 512 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: MN, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 7:24am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 87post #1291 of 58012/1/13 at 4:17amInset letters looks better to me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1292 of 58012/1/13 at 4:25amQuote:Yes, as a measure to save battery, we will make the LEDs dim. Thanks for the reminder, as this is not the first priority item typically, but still important.post #1293 of 58012/1/13 at 5:00amQuote:
Sounds great can't wait!post #1294 of 58012/1/13 at 6:03ampost #1295 of 58012/1/13 at 9:15ampost #1296 of 58012/1/13 at 9:34ampost #1297 of 58012/1/13 at 11:17amI wouldn't use the bands so my vote wouldn't be helpful. I plan to use 3M Dual Lock as I find the bands functionally obscuring and aesthetically unappealing. That said, I do like that the band approach protects the top and bottom of the stack which is something Dual Lock can't do.post #1298 of 58012/1/13 at 1:12pmQuote:
I figured as much. Glad I found it so you can request the take down of their page.post #1299 of 58012/1/13 at 11:32pmpost #1300 of 58012/2/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by mgoodmanQuote:Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik
Sorry if this question has been asked before as I haven't read all posts...
Another feature that would make the M8 really unique would be some way to physically integrate its source. As far as I know, no other DAC/AMP has this feature. On the go I expect that many of us will use an iPod (Classic/Touch) or iPhone. Attaching it with rubber bands perhaps looks cool, but isn't optimal. Now, my question is if this perhaps is in the pipe? If not, what is this on top of the M8?:
Thanks for asking. We are focusing on sound quality at the moment -- the most important feature of the product.
In the future we may in fact make the phone clip, but in the initial release we will supply CEntrance branded rubber bands instead - they will be the right size for most smart phones. The plastic clip is a separate exercise and I simply don't want to be distracted with that at the moment. It's a very complex animal as far as plastic molds are concerned. So, later on that.
I fully understand and respect your prioritization. Sounds very wise indeed! Anyway, you didn't answer my original question: "what is this on top of the M8?" I'm I nagging you now?
Edited by Aero Dynamik - 2/2/13 at 1:58pmpost #1301 of 58012/2/13 at 1:55pmQuote:
Oh, yes!!! How could I forget this really important feature (seriously). I sometimes listen at night while my wife is presumable asleep, but more than once the LEDs have blown my cover and I get a nudge on the side and my wife's voice saying: "Go to sleep now!".
So please consider it! We must be more than two people having this or similar problems with the too bright LEDs. Well, maybe not. I guess most true audiophiles never marry, or are divorced when all money is nowhere to be found, and the house is full of this really inexpensive, once in a life time deals on hi-fi equipment.post #1302 of 58012/2/13 at 2:48pmpost #1303 of 58012/2/13 at 2:57pmpost #1304 of 58012/2/13 at 4:06pmMaybe I should of said bright led's
I have a clock radio that's really bright even in its lowest setting so I leave it face down. I know it's turned on because I plugged it in.
I assume the hifi m8 has an on/off switch.post #1305 of 58012/2/13 at 4:17pmAnd as an aside, we don't need the LEDs to go threw a flashing sequence when it is turned on.
Is it just me that thinks that's a pointless gimmick. It's not a ghetto blaster or a after market car stereo.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 4 minutes ago
- › Getting new headphones (redux) Researching,,,,$400-$1600 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear