- 492 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: MN, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sounds great can't wait!
I figured as much. Glad I found it so you can request the take down of their page.
Sorry if this question has been asked before as I haven't read all posts...
Another feature that would make the M8 really unique would be some way to physically integrate its source. As far as I know, no other DAC/AMP has this feature. On the go I expect that many of us will use an iPod (Classic/Touch) or iPhone. Attaching it with rubber bands perhaps looks cool, but isn't optimal. Now, my question is if this perhaps is in the pipe? If not, what is this on top of the M8?:
Thanks for asking. We are focusing on sound quality at the moment -- the most important feature of the product.
In the future we may in fact make the phone clip, but in the initial release we will supply CEntrance branded rubber bands instead - they will be the right size for most smart phones. The plastic clip is a separate exercise and I simply don't want to be distracted with that at the moment. It's a very complex animal as far as plastic molds are concerned. So, later on that.
I fully understand and respect your prioritization. Sounds very wise indeed! Anyway, you didn't answer my original question: "what is this on top of the M8?" I'm I nagging you now?
Edited by Aero Dynamik - 2/2/13 at 1:58pm
Oh, yes!!! How could I forget this really important feature (seriously). I sometimes listen at night while my wife is presumable asleep, but more than once the LEDs have blown my cover and I get a nudge on the side and my wife's voice saying: "Go to sleep now!".
So please consider it! We must be more than two people having this or similar problems with the too bright LEDs. Well, maybe not. I guess most true audiophiles never marry, or are divorced when all money is nowhere to be found, and the house is full of this really inexpensive, once in a life time deals on hi-fi equipment.
I have a clock radio that's really bright even in its lowest setting so I leave it face down. I know it's turned on because I plugged it in.
I assume the hifi m8 has an on/off switch.
Is it just me that thinks that's a pointless gimmick. It's not a ghetto blaster or a after market car stereo.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 21 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 23 seconds ago
- › Singapore June 2015 Head-Fi meet 36 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 38 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 52 seconds ago
- › KEF 104/2 "recone" 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 2 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G thread. 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)