- 495 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: MN, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 3:43am in Portable Source Gear
- ALO's new portable DAC. Last post on 8/24/12 at 8:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- External DAC and headphone amp for iPhone Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Source Gear
- External sound card for music and movies at $100 Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sounds great can't wait!
I figured as much. Glad I found it so you can request the take down of their page.
Sorry if this question has been asked before as I haven't read all posts...
Another feature that would make the M8 really unique would be some way to physically integrate its source. As far as I know, no other DAC/AMP has this feature. On the go I expect that many of us will use an iPod (Classic/Touch) or iPhone. Attaching it with rubber bands perhaps looks cool, but isn't optimal. Now, my question is if this perhaps is in the pipe? If not, what is this on top of the M8?:
Thanks for asking. We are focusing on sound quality at the moment -- the most important feature of the product.
In the future we may in fact make the phone clip, but in the initial release we will supply CEntrance branded rubber bands instead - they will be the right size for most smart phones. The plastic clip is a separate exercise and I simply don't want to be distracted with that at the moment. It's a very complex animal as far as plastic molds are concerned. So, later on that.
I fully understand and respect your prioritization. Sounds very wise indeed! Anyway, you didn't answer my original question: "what is this on top of the M8?" I'm I nagging you now?
Edited by Aero Dynamik - 2/2/13 at 1:58pm
Oh, yes!!! How could I forget this really important feature (seriously). I sometimes listen at night while my wife is presumable asleep, but more than once the LEDs have blown my cover and I get a nudge on the side and my wife's voice saying: "Go to sleep now!".
So please consider it! We must be more than two people having this or similar problems with the too bright LEDs. Well, maybe not. I guess most true audiophiles never marry, or are divorced when all money is nowhere to be found, and the house is full of this really inexpensive, once in a life time deals on hi-fi equipment.
I have a clock radio that's really bright even in its lowest setting so I leave it face down. I know it's turned on because I plugged it in.
I assume the hifi m8 has an on/off switch.
Is it just me that thinks that's a pointless gimmick. It's not a ghetto blaster or a after market car stereo.
- The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 17 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 19 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 42 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Lehmann Audio Traveller - Portable Amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Need a good amp for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › IEC cable.. which one on a budget? 7 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2